Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5155
Joined  2005-01-27

A DESPERATE dad last night begged medics for help

Image Attachments
help.jpg
 Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 02 July 2008 04:45 AM   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2065
Joined  2005-12-05

Is this for real?  He’s wearing a stylish women’s wig (not a toupee), lip color and brow pencil.

Signature 

Space…..it seems to go on and on forever, but then you get to the end and the gorrilla starts throwing barrels at you. - Phlip J. Fry

Posted: 02 July 2008 04:56 AM   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

I was thinking the same thing Bebe!

Signature 

SilentTone:// hulitoons blog of just plain silliness
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 02 July 2008 04:57 AM   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

Um, the source is The Sun, so…....:roll:

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 02 July 2008 05:07 AM   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6943
Joined  2005-10-21

Unless it’s a case of ‘Well, I’ve got a look going, may as well run with it..’

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsibility to disprove your claims, but rather your responsibility to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 02 July 2008 05:18 AM   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

Some items in following link may not be safe for viewing at work
http://www.zgeek.com/

scroll down for another photo that clearly shows he’s a man.  Maybe this was before he lost his hair on top and face or else shaved it off?

Signature 

UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 02 July 2008 07:02 AM   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  405
Joined  2005-10-26

Hmm, after following the Sun links, I have to say I think it’s just a Sun story, and not real news.

That said, I have known a guy that was always mistaken for a woman. ‘Drodgy Mike’. I never knew of anyone (including me) that didnt think he was an ugly chick when first meeting him. He didnt help things by having a girlie haircut either.

Posted: 02 July 2008 08:23 AM   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

It’s still a good publicity story for getting people into the pub to see his performance!

Signature 

Posted: 02 July 2008 09:34 AM   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-27
MadCarlotta - 02 July 2008 08:57 AM

Um, the source is The Sun, so…....:roll:

Yup, balanced….

However, I think Ananova is a better source.

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 02 July 2008 09:35 AM   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-27
hulitoons - 02 July 2008 12:23 PM

It’s still a good publicity story for getting people into the pub to see his performance!

Yep, you have to come up with something after the smoking bans in pubs nowadays.

Signature 

Trust me.

Posted: 02 July 2008 10:15 AM   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  22747
Joined  2006-03-29

That is one fugly she-man.

Signature 

Remember, remember… I am the ONE.

Posted: 02 July 2008 10:22 AM   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

Maybe he’s taking his wife’s Premarin???

Signature 

Posted: 02 July 2008 10:29 AM   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-27
hulitoons - 02 July 2008 02:22 PM

Maybe he’s taking his wife’s Premarin???

Premarin? Will that give her a bigger cup size?

*looks into his spambox for offers*

Signature 

Trust me.

Posted: 02 July 2008 11:16 AM   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5555
Joined  2007-03-14

[quote author=“Beasjt

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 02 July 2008 12:39 PM   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2368
Joined  2007-02-06

So he can sneak into the womans washroom…. Whats the big deal? He still has a penis right 😉

(What I said is so wrong, but someones gotta make fun of his situation at least once)

Signature 

Posted: 02 July 2008 10:47 PM   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-07-02

I can’t say it’s definitely not a hoax, but in view of the testimony from an expert endocrinologist at the University of Sheffield, it’s unlikely. It’s also been picked up by the Telegraph, not just the Sun tabloid.

It’s also happened before. It’s rare, less than twenty other cases worldwide, and only two of them well documented. All previous cases had a female gender identity - they were transsexual - so this came as an enormous relief. Especially to those who had no history of cross-dressing, nor exhibited anything other than male behaviour.

There appears to be 4 types : Type I involves excess prolactin due to a damaged pituitary, and takes 7 years to have full effect. Type II is the most common, and least understood. It’s associated with rapid estrogen absorbtion by cells, and excess estrogen for reasons unknown. It takes 3 or so years for full feminisation at normal pubertal rates.  Type III is the spectacular and dangerous one, the change happens over months, not years. It appears to be the result of simultaneous CAH and AIS Intersex conditions. Types I-III happen at age 45-50, usually.
Type IV happens at puberty, and appears to be an Intersex condition.

Female to Male natural changes, due to 5ARD or 17BHDD are far more common - maybe 1 in 70,000 rather than 1 in several million.   

One of the cases blogged it as it happened. Also the only known survivor of Type III.

She’s a member of the Australian Sceptics, BTW. There’s a number of witnesses to testify that it was her body that got photoshopped, not the images.

Google “Zoe Brain”. Me. And before May 2005, I had no idea of any of this stuff. There’s still nothing in PubMed about it. Lots on 5ARD a 17BHDD, but these MtoF cases are so rare they haven’t been studied.

Posted: 03 July 2008 02:08 AM   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6943
Joined  2005-10-21

Huh..

Welcome to the Forum, Zoe. There’s cookies on the table.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsibility to disprove your claims, but rather your responsibility to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 03 July 2008 04:58 AM   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

Zoe, amazing!  And yes, welcome to the forum!  I am most impressed with this information too.  I cannot even imagine what this transition must have felt like or how difficult to deal with.  Looking at the pictures you’ve provided, I must truthfully say that the last is one of a VERY pretty young lady,  no matter the journey to get there!

Signature 

Posted: 12 July 2008 07:42 AM   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-07-02
hulitoons - 03 July 2008 08:58 AM

I must truthfully say that the last is one of a VERY pretty young lady,  no matter the journey to get there!

Young? I wish! That was taken at my High School’s 30th anniversary bash.  The Class of 75. But keep the compliments coming!

It’s a Boys’ school too, BTW…..........

The bald guy with a beard sitting next to me was the other 2nd row forward on the under-15 rugby team with me. I loathed the game, but as I had the stocky build for it, was dragooned into playing, despite my wishes. Once on, I did my best, as you try not to let others down. 

That was a crazy time, only 6 months after the first symptoms showed, and only 3 months after I adopted a female social role. You can see why I did though, I no longer passed as male.

Still 12 months before surgery to clean up the genital mess, and I was thinking I had to be crazy to be going to the HS Reunion in the first place. I needed friends though, I felt very vulnerable, and was seeking some security in a world that had been turned upside-down. I no longer tried to keep up the pretence of being the strong, silent male, a role I’d played to the best of my ability for 4 decades plus. In retrospect, I had tried to model myself on the kind of guy I should have married, to live up to all that I thought best in masculinity. Letting go of that, and just being me, with the womanly virtues I’d always possessed, but suppressed, was the first lesson I’d had to learn. Well, it seems to have worked so far.

Zoe

Posted: 12 July 2008 08:55 AM   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

Wow Zoe!

I have to confess I only skimmed this thread before, so I kind of missed that it was you in the photos. :red:

Welcome to the forum. We have plenty of scientists around here, so you should fit right in. 😊

I am glad that you seem to have made the transition with grace and peace of mind (and um, not dying - wow!). I have been on the sidelines while more than one transsexual friend (and one intersex acquaintance) have gone through the process, so I know how emotionally painful and difficult the journey can be.

And kudos to you for going to the HS Reunion! For an all-boy’s school no less! You rock! :lol:

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 12 July 2008 01:16 PM   [ # 20 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

I cannot even imagine the nightmare of being caught up inside the wrong body except a very creepy experience many years ago during my early high school years.  I was at a school in Alexandria, Egypt run by missionaries.  A Saddie Hawkins dance was announced and all the girls were afraid of inviting a boy.  I decided I would be a ‘boy’ as a joke for one of my roommates.  I had great fun getting dressed up and even combing my hair boy-style.  I was greatly alarmed, however when all the girls told me how handsome and cute I looked and they all wanted me as their partner.

I ended up not going at all because for all the flattery and compliments AND seeing in the mirror that I could easily pass for a boy, I knew I was a girl.  I was only ‘dressed’ for the part and clothes are easily changed…..but that day I did sit and wonder, (and this was the very uncomfortable part), what I would do if I had woken up that morning and really was male on the outside yet still female inside. 

I refused to talk to anyone the rest of the day; it was an impossible idea and I do NOT believe I could have handled such a reality.

Oh and Zoe, I can’t even wrap my head around you as a guy at all!

Signature 

Posted: 18 February 2010 08:57 AM   [ # 21 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-02-18
hulitoons - 02 July 2008 09:18 AM

Some items in following link may not be safe for viewing at work
http://www.zgeek.com/

scroll down for another photo that clearly shows he’s a man.  Maybe this was before he lost his hair on top and face or else shaved it off?

WTF!! That’s me, several years ago, getting my haircut by Elf @ zgeek. Where the fuck did that pic come from… :D

I have just contacted the site this image was hotlinked from:

Dear Sir or Madam, What. THE. FUCK. is a photo of me doing on your site, labelled as ‘sheman’? http://hulitoons.tripod.com/sheman.jpg
Either remove it, rename it as ‘The magnificentninjapiratetransformerjebus’ or suffer the consequences!

Love, andy

Oh well, feel free to visit us at http://www.zgeek.com :D

Posted: 18 February 2010 09:14 AM   [ # 22 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-27

Well Andr3w, if you really want to convince us, you

Signature 

Trust me.

{pagination_links}
0 of {total_pages}