1 of 2
Is White House Blocking Search for Bin Laden?
Posted: 30 June 2008 01:44 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3687
Joined  2005-02-09

The Pentagon has drafted a secret plan that would send U.S. special forces into the wild tribal regions of Pakistan to capture or kill Osama bin Laden and his top lieutenants, but the White House has balked at giving the mission a green light, The New York Times reported today.

read more
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=5275304&page=1

After watching the Zeitgeist Movie, it makes sense why this happened…....I had my own theories and that movie just complimented them…..

Posted: 30 June 2008 02:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7525
Joined  2005-04-23

The first thing that catches my attention is that it’s in Pakistan

Do you really think the U.S. should declare war on Pakistan? Permission to send troops across the border should definitely be sought first.

Secondly what is the pentagon doing coming up with such battle plans and
then trying to get white house approval? This stinks of the tail trying to wag
the dog.

Signature 

Smerk the cutest dragon
Lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist
In Western Australi

Little Accipiter loved that girl enough
He told her jokes and crazy facts
And other forum stuff

Smerk the cutest dragon:
Traveled cross the sea,
To hunt her prey in foriegn lands,
And snuggle with Acci!

Smerk the cutest dragon
Is getting married now they say
Though little Accipiter
Has yet to name the day.

http://www.veshearman.com/

Posted: 30 June 2008 03:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10733
Joined  2008-02-21

*...N-Ray Detector begins to go off…*

*...Steps boldy into room and says…....*

“Conspiracy Theories!”

*...steps back out of the way of the almighty Moderators…*

*...runs giggling gleefully back to his own business…*

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 30 June 2008 04:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26044
Joined  2004-11-08

Pakistan is an extremely stable and friendly state.  I’m sure there will be no repercussions whatsoever if the US staged a minor invasion for such a piddling affair.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 30 June 2008 04:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06
Sharruma - 30 June 2008 06:45 PM

Do you really think the U.S. should declare war on Pakistan? Permission to send troops across the border should definitely be sought first.

Well, frankly: it wouldn’t be the first time US troops would be on clandestine missions in foreign countries.

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 30 June 2008 08:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

I like the opening phrase in the article, given that it is being written in a widely-read news source:  “The Pentagon has drafted a secret plan. . .”.

Sharruma - 30 June 2008 06:45 PM

Secondly what is the pentagon doing coming up with such battle plans and
then trying to get white house approval? This stinks of the tail trying to wag
the dog.

They’re saying that the White House told the Pentagon to come up with a plan in the first place.

All in all, I’m not seeing anything mysterious or surprising here.  The executive branch saw the need for a plan regarding foreign policy, which is in the executive branch’s jurisdiction.  They pass on the information to the Department of Defense, who would be one of the organisations suited to coming up with a plan in the situation.  The DoD is supposed to get permission from the White House to have its plans enacted, though, and that is what they tried to do.  And the White House apparently feels that the plans that the DoD came up with might not be the best thing to do.  Everything seems to be following proper channels and going the way that it is supposed to.  Just because the DoD comes up with a plan that can be enacted doesn’t mean that it should be enacted.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 01 July 2008 02:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06

[conspiracy] Of course, this is all just part of a clever plan to make us believe Osama Bin Laden really exists… [/conspiracy]
wink

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 01 July 2008 05:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2501
Joined  2008-03-23

Man Jihad is becoming popular now…
I say we use corn and bacon to solve our problems BTW im serious sick  Food can solve all our problems
i mean we can solve our probs over food

Signature 

Why does spellcheck hate me?
GO HERE
Those who wish to fight, must now about eternal might. The blue skies turn red, Maybe it’s time you fled? Why wait for the army to strike when you know you don’t need to fight? Aren’t I right? The flower will bloom, and after the blue skies turn red, out comes your doom.
GO HERE….or else…My pets wont grow

Posted: 01 July 2008 09:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

I think there are plans somewhere to invade Canada as well. Seriously.

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 01 July 2008 11:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6932
Joined  2005-10-21

Oh, I wouldn’t doubt there’s plans available on hand to invade, bomb, spy upon, bring brownies and milk to, and generally meddle with every square inch of this planet, under several different conditions.

In fact, I would find it exceedingly amusing if they *didn’t* have a set of plans available for zombie infestation.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 01 July 2008 11:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26044
Joined  2004-11-08

I think most nations make up various oddball invasion/defense plans as training exercises.  Some, such as the one in the OP, are meant more seriously even if it’s unlikely that it will ever be carried out without Pakastani cooperation.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 01 July 2008 02:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
silver caliber magnum - 01 July 2008 09:54 AM

I say we use corn and bacon to solve our problems BTW im serious sick  Food can solve all our problems
i mean we can solve our probs over food

That might work:  we offer all the Muslims bacon.  This causes the Muslims to all be so totally horrified and offended that they forget all their own sectarian, political, and personal differences and unify.  After they exterminate all the rest of mankind, they can return to their own petty bickering and wipe themselves out, too.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

1 of 2