1 of 3
Study: More Men Than Women Sleep With Teddy Bears
Posted: 24 June 2008 10:20 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5155
Joined  2005-01-27

More men than women take teddy bears to bed when sleeping alone, it is claimed.
According to a new study, some 20% of men admitted to cuddling a teddy, compared to 15% of women.

Of the 2,000 people surveyed, 63% said they needed a bedtime cuddle to sleep.

Eight percent of women admitted spraying their pillow or nightclothes with their partner’s aftershave when away from home on their own.

But only 3% of men resorted to using their partner’s perfume to offset loneliness.
Advertisement

Nearly three in five people felt lonely sleeping without their partner, while 16% found it difficult to get to sleep and 9% felt scared.

The survey revealed actress Angelina Jolie was the person men would most like to cuddle up with.

Women opted for Pirates Of The Caribbean star Johnny Depp.

The study was commissioned by hotel chain Travelodge which says it is now piloting a ‘Cuddillow’.

Full Story

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 24 June 2008 10:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  405
Joined  2005-10-26

They can always get an arm pillow if they ‘need a cuddle before sleep’.
Sheesh.

Posted: 24 June 2008 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26052
Joined  2004-11-08

The Japanese seem to make a lot of oddball pillows.  I don’t feel right linking to any, though, as they’re downright disturbing.

I have a teddy bear named Mr Armitage, though I don’t tend to cuddle him.  I do sometimes squeeze his foot while I’m sleeping, though.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 24 June 2008 11:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

I never slept with stuffed animals on my bed.  After waking a few times and being uncomfortable b/c I was laying on a fuzzy lump, I just started knocking them off the bed before it was time to sleep.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 24 June 2008 11:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5155
Joined  2005-01-27

Just one “n” in the right place and it reads completely different.

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 24 June 2008 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  22747
Joined  2006-03-29

That is disturbing, and I find it hard to believe, depending on where the study was performed.  Now if it was Europe or Japan, then I could believe it.  raspberry

Signature 

Remember, remember… I am the ONE.

Posted: 24 June 2008 02:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15034
Joined  2006-08-16

[quote author=“Beasjt

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 24 June 2008 06:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6941
Joined  2005-10-21

*furtively hides a stuffed bunny*

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsibility to disprove your claims, but rather your responsibility to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 25 June 2008 12:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5555
Joined  2007-03-14

My girlfriend always refers to me as her teddy bear.  But as far as I know she doesn’t sleep with one when I’m not around.  I don’t either.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 25 June 2008 08:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  126
Joined  2008-04-11

I sleep with an African Wild Dog.
Never was much for teddy bears.

Signature 

“My chief task has been to conquer fear” - Houdini

Posted: 25 June 2008 09:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

I slept alone for many many years until I married Erik.  He has to go to New York on occasion and I don’t like it.  What helps is that FuzzyButt sleeps with us, well on my side of the bed in his own bed-box snuggled under his own blankets.  Sometimes he wakes before I do, comes out from his blanket, sits on my pillow and then he keeps touching my face.  If I don’t wake up to that, after awhile he snatches the bridge of my nose in a rather ‘twingeful’, wake-up nip.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 25 June 2008 01:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15280
Joined  2006-01-17
Magnoire La Chouette - 25 June 2008 12:42 PM

I sleep with an African Wild Dog.
Never was much for teddy bears.

big surprise
A cuddly one?

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

1 of 3