2 of 2
Giving up even MORE personal info to get credit….?
Posted: 26 June 2008 04:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26384
Joined  2004-11-29

Gray, it might be a case your bank doesn’t have any affiliations with any in the States.  I know the only reason I had a credit card in the first place was because I was travelling overseas, and my bank wasn’t even acknowledged outside of the state I live in, let alone overseas!

Now I keep my credit card for the convenience, I guess.  I don’t particularly like taking huge wads of cash about with me all the while, and my bank charges me for using the debit card attached to my cheque account (which doesn’t actually have a cheque book attached).  And I’m usually always on time with paying off my whole debt, so I very, very rarely get charged interest.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 26 June 2008 02:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5555
Joined  2007-03-14

You’re probably right.  I never thought of that angle.  I just figured since I could use it on any Interac machine it should be good in the stores too.  I know it’s good throughout Canada even though I bank with a credit union that only has branches in Alberta.  Makes sense now.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

2 of 2