RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10733
Joined  2008-02-21

Too Funny!

Chalk another one up for the innovative use of catfish bait! LOL

News Link

Abortion Opponent Loses Stink Bomb Lawsuit
Posted on: Wednesday, 11 June 2008, 03:00 CDT

A local anti-abortion activist lost a small-claims lawsuit Tuesday when a judge ruled he was not damaged when a security officer used a “stink bomb” to ward anti-abortion volunteers away from a Wichita abortion clinic.

Mark Gietzen chairman of the Kansas Coalition for Life, sought $4,000 in damages from John Rayburn and his company, Diamond Security, for the Sept. 20 incident.

But Judge Steven Woodring ruled that Gietzen failed to show that he suffered any damages because of the incident outside George Tiller’s Women’s Health Care Services clinic.

“The judge ruled that Tiller has the right to stink bomb us if he wants to as long as the stink bomb is on his property,” Gietzen said. “I fully expect it to be used on us again.”

Rayburn declined to comment on the case, but evidence at the trial showed that the “stink bomb” consisted of foul-smelling catfish bait.

The lawsuit said the incident prompted many stay-at-home moms who brought young children to the clinic to stop coming.

“Word of this hostile incident caused an unknown number of would-be on-site pro-life volunteers… to decline volunteer service, thereby costing the plaintiff time and expense to advertise for other replacement volunteers,” the lawsuit said.

Gietzen said he didn’t plan to appeal the ruling because he could end up having to pay attorney fees on both sides of the case.

But he said he planned to contact his City Council representative and county commissioner to ask them to make the use of stink bombs illegal.

“I’m not going to let this go,” he said.

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 24 June 2008 04:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

In my country.. we have sayink.. ‘Wah’.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 24 June 2008 05:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5540
Joined  2007-03-14

Excuse me while I tune up my violin.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

1 of 1