1 of 1
Russia drunk driver takes traffic cop for a ride
Posted: 20 June 2008 10:38 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2501
Joined  2008-03-23

VLADIVOSTOK, Russia (Reuters) - A Russian drunk driver knocked over a traffic policeman then drove for about 1 km (0.6 miles) with the officer clinging to the roof of his car, local police said on Friday.

Story here

Edited by Moderator to provide link coding. ~Tah

Signature 

Why does spellcheck hate me?
GO HERE
Those who wish to fight, must now about eternal might. The blue skies turn red, Maybe it’s time you fled? Why wait for the army to strike when you know you don’t need to fight? Aren’t I right? The flower will bloom, and after the blue skies turn red, out comes your doom.
GO HERE….or else…My pets wont grow

Posted: 20 June 2008 11:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15030
Joined  2006-08-16

You need to provide a link to your news source, silver.  Thank you.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 20 June 2008 11:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1624
Joined  2006-05-20

You know what struck me most about this news story?  It’s a total of 3 sentences long, with each sentence forming a separate paragraph.  After the story, there’s this:

(Reporting by Alexei Dovbysh; Writing by Christian Lowe; Editing by Charles Dick)

It took 3 people??

Maybe the editor cut out a couple of pages of an in-depth story on drunk driving.

Signature 

The truth may be out there, but lies are inside your head.

—Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

[color=green]“That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way.”

Posted: 20 June 2008 11:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15030
Joined  2006-08-16
JoeDaJuggler - 21 June 2008 03:28 AM

Maybe the editor cut out a couple of pages of an in-depth story on drunk driving.

What?  No credit for a translator?  Maybe he cut that out, too. wink

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

1 of 1