Total Votes: 6
You must be a logged-in member to vote
Curse of the *cuddly but evil?*Fuwa
Posted: 20 June 2008 10:30 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2501
Joined  2008-03-23

“Curse of the Fuwa” fulfilled by floods BEIJING (Reuters) - Floods sweeping southern China seem to have fulfilled the final stanza of an Internet curse involving Beijing’s Olympic mascots, but censors have been quick to remove postings that might fuel the superstition. After a devastating earthquake struck Sichuan province last month, Internet users tied four of the five “Fuwa” mascots to the calamities that have struck China in the run-up to the Games, which begin in August. One Fuwa is a panda, the totem of Sichuan.

The others resemble a torch, reminding netizens of the protests against the international Olympic torch rally; a Tibetan antelope tied to widespead demonstrations in Tibetan areas; and a swallow that looks like a kite, linked to a deadly train crash in Shandong province.

The final Fuwa, sporting a fish, was left unexplained in the original superstition as a curse yet to come.

source
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080619/od_nm/curse_dc;_ylt=Asnz_8PnhBzu2Ef5AWFsMLntiBIF

info of the curse
http://www.benettontalk.com/the-legend-of-the-fuwa/

Signature 

Why does spellcheck hate me?
GO HERE
Those who wish to fight, must now about eternal might. The blue skies turn red, Maybe it’s time you fled? Why wait for the army to strike when you know you don’t need to fight? Aren’t I right? The flower will bloom, and after the blue skies turn red, out comes your doom.
GO HERE….or else…My pets wont grow

Posted: 21 June 2008 02:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10733
Joined  2008-02-21

*...gazes at computer monitor for a few moments…* cool hmm

*...enters something using the keyboard…*

“Primary objectives completed.  Rumour of curse holding.  Proceed to step two.” cool grin

clack, click, click, tappity, click.

*...sits back in office chair and reaches for World Domination Day Folder…* gulp

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 21 June 2008 08:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-23

Dave if you want to rule the world you have to go through me…
*summons squirrel plan # 5*

Signature 

GO HERE
Those who wish to fight, must now about eternal might. The blue skies turn red, Maybe it’s time you fled? Why wait for the army to strike when you know you don’t need to fight? Aren’t I right? The flower will bloom, and after the blue skies turn red, out comes your doom.

Posted: 21 June 2008 11:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2368
Joined  2007-02-06

*Calls up Canadian plan #3…. make the world die from laughter*

No one is safe, expect the French…. shoot… the plan is faulty. Where is Jerry Lewis when you need him.

Signature 

Posted: 22 June 2008 01:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-21

D.J.!!

Long Time No See!!

Glad to see our Canadian Cousins are still planning to do their share for World Domination Day!!  Try not to be so busy in the lab! We miss your ascerbic sense of humor! cheese

Signature 

Posted: 22 June 2008 02:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2368
Joined  2007-02-06

Been absent. Was trying to find a story about a wedding couple in a crummy local mall… Read it in the paper, but could not find the story online. I’m loosing the touch. I see a handfull of other stories I wanted to post but where already done so. Pity, I wanted to be the one to give the news about the Unicorn Deer =P

We should have a locked wedding propsoal story page…. I’ve came across 3 in the past while.. aside from mm programmers wedding proposal within a video game, which I posted some time ago.

Proposed during a sky dive…
Wedding couple go shopping at a mall… all dressed up…

Many stories. Night time for me unfortently. Take care.

Signature 

Posted: 22 June 2008 04:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-23

my world domination plan is perfect except i need funds can i borrow a few million ?

Signature 

GO HERE

Posted: 22 June 2008 07:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-23

Hey i just remembered Dj isnt your avatar about that untalkative bunny character?

Signature 

GO HERE

Posted: 22 June 2008 11:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-21
DJ_Canada - 22 June 2008 06:01 AM

Been absent. Was trying to find a story about a wedding couple in a crummy local mall… Read it in the paper, but could not find the story online. I’m loosing the touch. I see a handfull of other stories I wanted to post but where already done so. Pity, I wanted to be the one to give the news about the Unicorn Deer =P

We should have a locked wedding propsoal story page…. I’ve came across 3 in the past while.. aside from mm programmers wedding proposal within a video game, which I posted some time ago.

Proposed during a sky dive…
Wedding couple go shopping at a mall… all dressed up…

Many stories. Night time for me unfortently. Take care.

I’m sure if you chatted up one of the mods they would be happy to ‘sticky’ a thread like that for you!  After, who doesn’t like a nice unusual wedding?! cheese

Glad to see you back here in the trenches with us.  Have a good night.

Signature 

Posted: 22 June 2008 11:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

Don’t encourage him Dave.

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 22 June 2008 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

“Fortunately, their sixth mascot, the bowl of yogurt, does not seem to have any disasters associated with - *BLORT!* - oh heck…”

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 22 June 2008 10:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-23
Robin Bobcat - 22 June 2008 05:11 PM

“Fortunately, their sixth mascot, the bowl of yogurt, does not seem to have any disasters associated with - *BLORT!* - oh heck…”

Yogurt goood

Signature 

GO HERE

1 of 1