Teens Make Pregnancy Pact…
Posted: 24 June 2008 05:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2501
Joined  2008-03-23
Maegan - 23 June 2008 02:02 PM
silver caliber magnum - 23 June 2008 02:16 AM

Gray is right though….Its there babies there responsibility…
*70% of filipinos dont know where babies come from cool cheese  wich s weird cuz it fits with the story well almost…*

A woman who lives down the street had her first baby at 12 or something…and when her mother kept asking to check her private areas she was confused…and finally asked something like, ‘Isn’t the baby coming out of my belly button?”  She’s in her 50s now…and does know where babies come from…but I guess just because you get married at 11 in the Philipines there’s no sex ed class at the rehearsal dinner.

I thought the “pact” thing was a little weird…b/c the way they said it didn’t really make it seem like an actual agreement to do this together.  Just a desire to do it together.

Most filippinos are poor and illeterate wich is why they have so much kids and they get so poor ...anyway we do have classes in science about reproductive system *i had one that told me where babies come from* and our govs. going to spread the news about it a long time ago i was grade 6 when i learned about the reproductive so it was about 1 year ago *i am in highschool already*

Signature 

Why does spellcheck hate me?
GO HERE
Those who wish to fight, must now about eternal might. The blue skies turn red, Maybe it’s time you fled? Why wait for the army to strike when you know you don’t need to fight? Aren’t I right? The flower will bloom, and after the blue skies turn red, out comes your doom.
GO HERE….or else…My pets wont grow

Posted: 24 June 2008 07:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6932
Joined  2005-10-21

CNN has been reportng that perhaps there wasn’t actually any pact to get pregnant, but that the girls decided *after* they got knocked up that they would take care of each other’s kids. That or the Principal haSo what you basically have is a bunch of teenagers who got stupid, couldn’t keep their legs together, and somehow made news worldwide. Yay.

Me: Man.. where were those girls when I was homeless?
My Brain: In preschool.
Me: Ew. That’s not what I meant..
My Brain: I know, I just like making you squirm.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 24 June 2008 07:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5152
Joined  2005-01-27

School Superintendent Christopher Farmer said he had never heard the term

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 24 June 2008 07:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6932
Joined  2005-10-21

. . . yeah.. that too…

*hides under couch in shame*

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 24 June 2008 07:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17
silver caliber magnum - 24 June 2008 09:56 AM

Most filippinos are poor and illeterate wich is why they have so much kids and they get so poor ...anyway we do have classes in science about reproductive system *i had one that told me where babies come from* and our govs. going to spread the news about it a long time ago i was grade 6 when i learned about the reproductive so it was about 1 year ago *i am in highschool already*

silver, the problem is not inclusive to those in the Filipinos.  As you stated, illiteracy is certainly the doorway to ill-equipped life styles and choices.  The burden of women with many children and no husband or significant other to assist in their care is rampant everywhere.  Here in the United States it’s actually a widely used method to collect government assistance funds in order to provide for all involved.  Since each child born is eligible for assistance, many young women simply keep getting pregnant as a means of monetary support especially if they lack enough education to get adequate employment.

Sex and reproductive education has been in existence for a long while, though perhaps in milder forms when I was a teen.  You would be surprised by the number of youngsters who have no understanding of what they are being taught because they have no reference point from which to make a logical connection for them.  So, often, while they may ‘think’ they understand, there is a gap of ignorance in what they think they know until an event such as intercourse or pregnancy actually occur and then the dots become more visible to them.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 24 June 2008 09:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10733
Joined  2008-02-21

[quote author=“Beasjt

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 24 June 2008 12:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5152
Joined  2005-01-27

Ok, let me put it this way then: there was NO pact.

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 24 June 2008 01:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08
silver caliber magnum - 24 June 2008 09:56 AM
Maegan - 23 June 2008 02:02 PM
silver caliber magnum - 23 June 2008 02:16 AM

*70% of filipinos dont know where babies come from ...*

A woman who lives down the street had her first baby at 12 or something…and when her mother kept asking to check her private areas she was confused…and finally asked something like, ‘Isn’t the baby coming out of my belly button?”  She’s in her 50s now…and does know where babies come from…but I guess just because you get married at 11 in the Philipines there’s no sex ed class at the rehearsal dinner.

I thought the “pact” thing was a little weird…b/c the way they said it didn’t really make it seem like an actual agreement to do this together.  Just a desire to do it together.

To be fair, I said the woman is now in her 50s.  I am sure there is more education today, but just a short time ago when my mom’s generation was having children…it was apparently still very common for misinformation to be the norm.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 27 June 2008 06:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-23

Actually you ca NOT!! get married at the age of eleven here WTH* told you that??
If we could then i would be having ai year anniversary if i did get married at 11
*who the hell

Signature 

GO HERE
Those who wish to fight, must now about eternal might. The blue skies turn red, Maybe it’s time you fled? Why wait for the army to strike when you know you don’t need to fight? Aren’t I right? The flower will bloom, and after the blue skies turn red, out comes your doom.

Posted: 27 June 2008 10:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08
silver caliber magnum - 27 June 2008 10:27 AM

Actually you ca NOT!! get married at the age of eleven here WTH* told you that??
If we could then i would be having ai year anniversary if i did get married at 11
*who the hell

Are you just not paying attention or what?

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 28 June 2008 01:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-23

....Maybe…Is that retorical?

Signature 

GO HERE

3 of 3