1 of 14
was the moon landing a fake?
Posted: 20 December 2005 07:43 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2005-12-20

I think it was,
theres just so many reasons why its not real

The huge radiation belt thats ment to be out there, then there is all the space pics you see with the dodgy lighting and wheres the landing craft blasts in the sand !

I think the moon landing was a hoax because if it was that easy in the 70’s or when ever then why havnt they been there since and built better telescopes and bases on the moon,

Does the moon even spin around? The whole moon might be a hoax

Signature 

hello

Posted: 20 December 2005 07:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

I’ll let LaMa handle this one, this is more his area.  There was a topic regarding this general idea somewhere on the Museum of Hoaxes before, where all these points are discussed, but I can’t seem to find it now.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 20 December 2005 08:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  310
Joined  2005-12-17
spaceman - 21 December 2005 12:43 AM

Does the moon even spin around? The whole moon might be a hoax

Yes, the entire moon is a hoax.  A fairly elaborate one at that.  In ancient times a large piece of paper was launched into orbit by means of…

Signature 

My sole intention is learning to fly

Posted: 20 December 2005 08:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26371
Joined  2004-11-29
Accipiter - 21 December 2005 12:55 AM

There was a topic regarding this general idea somewhere on the Museum of Hoaxes before, where all these points are discussed, but I can’t seem to find it now.

Let’s see, now…there’s:

Top 10 Apollo Hoax Theories
Moon Base Clavius
Euro Spacecraft to prove or disprove moon landings

Take your pick!

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 20 December 2005 08:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Ah, yes, it was the first one I was thinking of, the 10 Apollo Hoax Theories.  Thanks, Smerk!  You’re of some use after all!  wink

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 20 December 2005 09:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2899
Joined  2005-06-15

I don’t believe it was a fake.

Check this out:

http://www.abc.net.au/science/k2/moments/s1048346.htm

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 21 December 2005 04:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3174
Joined  2005-05-19

Right, that’s cleared that one up then. On we go….

Signature 

“Never before in my time at the bar or on the bench have I ever had to deal with somebody who voluntarily allowed himself to be buggered by a dog on the public highway.”

Posted: 21 December 2005 04:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9365
Joined  2005-01-23

Right children, I think enough is enough. We have way too many 15 page arguments on conspiracies as it is thank you very much. Let’s not start another.

Signature 

The Middleman: (drinking milk) You know, that was some darn fine cow squirt.

Posted: 21 December 2005 07:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06

Spaceman: there are kilo’s of moonrock with a composition that is clearly different from terrestrial rock gathered by the Apollo astronauts. These have been studied, up to this very day, by scientists all over the World (not just American scientists). All in on the conspiracy? No way!

And check out Phil Plait’s Bad Astronomy website which has a special page debunking moon hoax ideas which a.o. says this about your radiation argument:

This is complete and utter nonsense. The van Allen belts are regions above the Earth’s surface where the Earth’s magnetic field has trapped particles of the solar wind. An unprotected man would indeed get a lethal dose of radiation, if he stayed there long enough. Actually, the spaceship traveled through the belts pretty quickly, getting past them in an hour or so. There simply wasn’t enough time to get a lethal dose, and, as a matter of fact, the metal hull of the spaceship did indeed block most of the radiation. For a detailed explanation of all this, my fellow Mad Scientist William Wheaton has a page with the technical data about the doses received by the astronauts. Another excellent page about this, that also gives a history of NASA radiation testing, is from the Biomedical Results of Apollo site. An interesting read!

For the rest, I agree with Nettie. There are too much conspiracy freaks entering this forum lately. We deal with real hoaxes here, not with invented hoaxes.

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 21 December 2005 08:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2065
Joined  2005-12-05

Did anyone ever really think the moon landing was a hoax until the movie Capricorn One

Mediocre “B” type movie, (O.J. Simpson was one of the “big” stars), but the big moon landing hoax thing was practically a copycat theory.

Signature 

Space…..it seems to go on and on forever, but then you get to the end and the gorrilla starts throwing barrels at you. - Phlip J. Fry

Posted: 21 December 2005 08:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2005-08-20

I do have an old friend who’s father was adamant…the entire thing was a hoax. He felt it was our way of scaring the stuffing out of “Old Ivan” (Russia). When he first told me this I laughed at his cute joke—-only to find he was totally serious.

What can you say? *smile*

Posted: 21 December 2005 08:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3174
Joined  2005-05-19
Larry - 21 December 2005 01:10 PM

I do have an old friend who’s father was adamant…the entire thing was a hoax. He felt it was our way of scaring the stuffing out of “Old Ivan” (Russia). When he first told me this I laughed at his cute joke—-only to find he was totally serious.

What can you say? *smile*

How about, “O.K Grandpa, do we need changing again? Or is it time for more prunes…”

Signature 

“Never before in my time at the bar or on the bench have I ever had to deal with somebody who voluntarily allowed himself to be buggered by a dog on the public highway.”

1 of 14

Are there aliens among us? ››