1 of 1
Tachyonic Energy cures Faster than Light
Posted: 19 December 2005 12:22 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06

Tachyonic products are using Tachyonic Energy to cure your ailments….or so the people from Takionic (tm) insist.

Tachyonic Energy is energy created by particles that move faster than light and connect to parallel Universe. And it has something to do with Yin and Yang. Wooha!

There’s Takionic beads, belt, water, massage oil, wrist and headbands, insoles, body lotions, and even a Takionic mattress.

And it works miracles, as the testimonials attest to:

I could not bend my right knee for 25 years. I used the (Takionic “Spark” Massage) oil for 4 days whenever it hurt. I started on a Tuesday, and by Saturday I (could) bend (my) knee all the way to the floor without pain.”.

While lying on our bed I put the patch (Takionic 100 Bead Patch) on my abdomen and my physically short leg straightened out - in 3 to 5 seconds! . . . Computerized muscle testing was also done (using a Digital Myograph) and all muscles tested showed improvement. The greatest improvement was my left psoas (in the lower back and hip) and it strengthened 528%!!!

And oh, never drink normal water again. Instead, drink Takionic water. At $27.95 per 8 oz. bottle a bargain, because:

The Takionic water is a revitalizing and refreshing water that is pure and cluster-free. This water had undergone the same quantum molecular process that gives it a distinctive tachyon characteristic (ability to create order out of chaos), that is the unique creation of Tachyon Energy Research Inc.
Its level of bioavailable energy far exceeds any other water tested.

But wait: they don’t seem to be so sure, or at least their lawyer is clever. Because in the terms and conditions it says:

We do not claim or imply Takionic Products will cure, improve, treat or otherwise alleviate any health condition. By purchasing Takionic Products, each person agrees that he or she is purchasing them for experimental purposes only.

Right. So it’s a scam rather than a hoax….

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 19 December 2005 04:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Particles moving faster than light?  So if you use the stuff, you get converted instantaneously into pure energy and blow up your neighbourhood?  That would certainly end your ailments. . .

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 19 December 2005 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26044
Joined  2004-11-08

Well, the idea is that massless particles like tachyons might move faster than light, but it makes it a real bitch to catch them.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 19 December 2005 04:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  629
Joined  2005-01-18

If you bought this product, the tachyons should travel faster than light and backwards in time, thus ending your ailments before you even spent your money.  If this thing worked, you’d feel better about the time you decided to go out and buy it.

Signature 

Soldier: This is the worst part. The calm before the battle.
Fry: And then the battle is not so bad?
Soldier: Oh, right. I forgot about the battle.

Posted: 19 December 2005 05:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  91
Joined  2005-08-03

If you read the description carefully, you’ll find they claim it’s warm sand. I suspect the instructions say to put it in the microwave, or the oven, to get the “warm” part.

Aside from that, it’s a good thing it comes with instructions, since otherwise, their marks would have no clue what it can’t do.

(Tachyons are, by definition, particles that move faster than light. According to Einstein, anything moving faster than light is impossible to detect, and is functionally identical to something which doesn’t exist.)

Signature 

I’m not an idiot. I just play one in a roleplaying game.

Posted: 19 December 2005 05:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  56862
Joined  2005-02-10
Citizen Premier - 19 December 2005 09:55 PM

If you bought this product, the tachyons should travel faster than light and backwards in time, thus ending your ailments before you even spent your money.  If this thing worked, you’d feel better about the time you decided to go out and buy it.

...but then you wouldn’t buy it because you were feeling good, so you wouldn’t feel good because you didn’t buy it in the future and….

*wibbles*

Signature 

2-15-15 9-19 1 19-16-15-18-11 7-15-4-4-5-19-19 15-6 13-9-7-8-20
Turnip Boris Yeltsin frog juggling doormat termite lizard

“Herbal medicine’s been around for thousands of years! Indeed it has. And then we tested it all, and the stuff that worked became medicine. And the rest of it’s just a nice bowl of soup and some pot pourri.” - Dara O’Briain

Posted: 19 December 2005 06:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
Boo - 19 December 2005 10:56 PM
Citizen Premier - 19 December 2005 09:55 PM

...but then you wouldn’t buy it because you were feeling good, so you wouldn’t feel good because you didn’t buy it in the future and….

*wibbles*

And so the illogic makes your brain explode in a burst of tachyons, which the manufacturers can capture and make use of in the production of more of their products.  The cunning of it!

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 19 December 2005 07:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2005-12-17

They’re breeding an army! ............... zipper

Signature 

Auxilium meum a Domino

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures
He leadeth me beside the still waters
He restoreth my soul

He leadeth me
in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake
Yea, though I wal through the valley of the shadow of death
I will fear no evil, for thou art with me
Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me

Thou preparest a table before me
in the presence of mine enemies

Posted: 20 December 2005 02:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3687
Joined  2005-02-09

It works people, it really works!!!!  It got rid of my third arm!!!

Posted: 21 December 2005 04:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3174
Joined  2005-05-19

And i always thought you were modest Stephen….

wink

Signature 

“Never before in my time at the bar or on the bench have I ever had to deal with somebody who voluntarily allowed himself to be buggered by a dog on the public highway.”

Posted: 21 December 2005 07:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06
X - 20 December 2005 07:23 PM

It works people, it really works!!!!  It got rid of my third arm!!!

And did your girlfriend like that?????

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

1 of 1

‹‹ Strange headache medicine      Corpse Bride ››