RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1624
Joined  2006-05-20
MadCarlotta - 17 July 2008 07:21 PM

Taurus, actually. smile

Ah—you’re in the house of Ford then!

Scratch that.  Here’s a better reply:  “Bull!  You’re no Taurus!”

Signature 

The truth may be out there, but lies are inside your head.

—Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

[color=green]“That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way.”

Posted: 17 July 2008 06:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 200 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17
MadCarlotta - 17 July 2008 06:58 PM
Dr. Nancy Malik - 17 July 2008 06:09 PM

Allopathy can not even list 10 medecines which were used 200 years back which are still used being today. So in your own words, shall we conclude allopathy is not a science

Actually, off the top of my head:

morphine (early 1800s)
digitalis (since ancient times)
atropine(ditto)

and if I can name three without looking anything up, I’m sure there are more.

Aspirin, from willow bark.

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 18 July 2008 06:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 201 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  118
Joined  2008-06-07

If homeopathic medicine had proven itself 100% effective throughout history, there would have been no need for medical advances.

No system of medicine can acheive 100% results

Signature 

Evidence-based Homeopathy

Posted: 18 July 2008 06:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 202 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  118
Joined  2008-06-07
JoeDaJuggler - 17 July 2008 07:17 PM
Dr. Nancy Malik - 17 July 2008 06:09 PM

Homeopathic medicines (prepared from many natural substances such as herbs and minerals) used in the times (200 yrs back) of Dr. Samuel Hahnemann (father of homeopathy) are used even today because of their efficacy. They have been tried and tested on healthy human beings. They are known, trusted, and reliable.

Allopathy can not even list 10 medecines which were used 200 years back which are still used being today. So in your own words, shall we conclude allopathy is not a science

You obviously didn’t read my words.  The fact that we no longer use dangerous and less effective drugs that were used 200 years ago shows that science is self corrected. Science changes (advances).  Homeopathy is much more like the revealed truths of religion. 

The reason these homeo “medicines” are still in use is because the reason for using them is not based on evidence.  That is, it is not scientific.  They are still in use regardless of (or in spite of) the evidence.

And your continued assertion that homeopathy is effective is an example of begging the question.  In other words, in arguing in favor of homeopathy your main argumentative technique is to assert that it is effective.  When asked for proof, you fail miserably.

Allopathy has no other option other than to change itsel because of the side effects of medicine.

Signature 

Evidence-based Homeopathy

Posted: 18 July 2008 06:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 203 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Ok, we’ve now split off another thread for the allopathy vs homeopathy discussion. We don’t need to continue it here. This thread is now ONLY about the discussion of Head-On.

The stuffis overhyped to the Nth degree, and is effective only as a placebo effect with the possibility raised of evaporative cooling releiving smptoms.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 18 July 2008 06:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 204 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1624
Joined  2006-05-20

Can you post a link here to the new thread?  I don’t see it—granted I haven’t looked very hard, but a link would be nice.

Signature 

The truth may be out there, but lies are inside your head.

—Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

[color=green]“That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way.”

Posted: 18 July 2008 06:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 205 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15030
Joined  2006-08-16
JoeDaJuggler - 18 July 2008 10:39 PM

Can you post a link here to the new thread?  I don’t see it—granted I haven’t looked very hard, but a link would be nice.

Here you go.

It was here in the Hoaxes forum when Robin posted, but got moved to the Off Topic forum.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 18 July 2008 07:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 206 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

I contend that it remain firmly ensconced within the realm of Hoaxes, lacking as we are a ‘Outright Quackery’ section.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 19 July 2008 07:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 207 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2065
Joined  2005-12-05
Dr. Nancy Malik - 18 July 2008 10:27 AM

If homeopathic medicine had proven itself 100% effective throughout history, there would have been no need for medical advances.

No system of medicine can acheive 100% results

Dr. Nancy Malik - 07 June 2008 10:46 AM

Homeopathy cures where Conventional Allopathic Medicine (CAM) fails

Which is it?  If I remember my High School Logic lessons, both of these statements can’t be true.

Signature 

Space…..it seems to go on and on forever, but then you get to the end and the gorrilla starts throwing barrels at you. - Phlip J. Fry

Posted: 19 July 2008 07:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 208 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17
Robin Bobcat - 18 July 2008 11:25 PM

I contend that it remain firmly ensconced within the realm of Hoaxes, lacking as we are a ‘Outright Quackery’ section.

Eggcellent title idea, Robin. wink

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

19 of 19