Posted: 18 December 2005 11:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1581
Joined  2004-11-10

Heh…Head-on

Sounds dirty.

Signature 

Fads they come and fads they go, but god I love that Rock & Roll!
-Modest Mouse

Posted: 19 December 2005 02:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7525
Joined  2005-04-23

Head on works,
It contains a number of ingredients, such as potassium
which are good for fighting headaches
no doubt it seeps in through the pores
It works about as well as any other headache
medicine in the US.
Which is to say, not very well, but it does help

Another good thing to put on your head when you
have a headache is peppermint oil

But give me codeine any day smile
With codeine my headache will actually
be cured.

Signature 

Smerk the cutest dragon
Lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist
In Western Australi

Little Accipiter loved that girl enough
He told her jokes and crazy facts
And other forum stuff

Smerk the cutest dragon:
Traveled cross the sea,
To hunt her prey in foriegn lands,
And snuggle with Acci!

Smerk the cutest dragon
Is getting married now they say
Though little Accipiter
Has yet to name the day.

http://www.veshearman.com/

Posted: 20 December 2005 02:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2005-08-05

I saw something similar at a Rite Aid, I’m not sure if it was the exact same product. It was mentholated and worked like that stuff you rub on your chest when you have a cold (or are at a rave). If it is a placebo it sees to work, it gives your forehead a nice cool sensation from the menthol, it might just be that the odors have relaxing properties and that helps you relax and allows the headache to go away. The similars and potentization crap on the website is what scares me. But it seems like a reasonable idea if that chest stuff works why shouldn’t this?

And I think referring to all homeopathy as a hoax is a little bit premature, many of the cures we now use in western medicine have their roots in traditional herbal medicine, drug companies just make it all synthetic now instead of using real plants. I know some of it is total crap but that can’t be made into a blanket statement to apply to ALL of it.

Posted: 20 December 2005 02:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  91
Joined  2005-08-03
Anne - 20 December 2005 07:26 PM

And I think referring to all homeopathy as a hoax is a little bit premature, many of the cures we now use in western medicine have their roots in traditional herbal medicine, drug companies just make it all synthetic now instead of using real plants. I know some of it is total crap but that can’t be made into a blanket statement to apply to ALL of it.

Homeopathy has nothing to do with herbal medicine. Homeopathy is taking a toxic substance and diluting it in pure water to the point where there is literally none of the original toxin left. In other words, hemeopathy is literally treating your illness with pure water.

All homeopathy is quackery, by definition. It’s not premature. It’s been studied scientifically for at least a hundred years, and not a single credible study has shown any effects at all, positive or negative. Studies are still being done, and still coming up with the same results. We are long past the time to dismiss it as foolishness.

Signature 

I’m not an idiot. I just play one in a roleplaying game.

Posted: 20 December 2005 02:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3687
Joined  2005-02-09

I called them and they swear it is real…The active ingrediants are…..

BlueFlag????
Potasium Dichromate
White Byrony

it’s just an herbal cure…...But they swear it does work…..

Posted: 20 December 2005 07:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  310
Joined  2005-12-17
X - 20 December 2005 07:54 PM

it’s just an herbal cure…...But they swear it does work…..

Of course they swear it works, it’s their product.  What are they going to do, say “Well we’ve invested a lot of money into developing this product and manufacturing it, but no, don’t buy it.  It doesn’t work.” wink

Signature 

My sole intention is learning to fly

Posted: 07 June 2008 06:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  118
Joined  2008-06-07

Homeopathy is a system of medicine that treats diseased individuals on the basis of using medicinal substances capable of producing similar changes in the health of a person as that of the diseased person. The term Homoeopathy is derived from the Greek words - homoios, meaning similar, and pathos, mean suffering. Homoeopathy is based on the principle - like cures like. Dr. Samuel Hahnemann, the founder of homeopathy, himself an allopathic doctor (M.D.). Homeopathy was established it in the late 18th and early 19th century by Dr. Samuel Hahnemann. He realised his own school of medicine (allopathy) wasnt helping the patients and spent years researching on homeopathy.

Signature 

Evidence-based Homeopathy

Posted: 07 June 2008 06:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  118
Joined  2008-06-07
Terry Austin - 20 December 2005 07:34 PM
Anne - 20 December 2005 07:26 PM

Homeopathy has nothing to do with herbal medicine. Homeopathy is taking a toxic substance and diluting it in pure water to the point where there is literally none of the original toxin left. In other words, hemeopathy is literally treating your illness with pure water.

All homeopathy is quackery, by definition. It’s not premature. It’s been studied scientifically for at least a hundred years, and not a single credible study has shown any effects at all, positive or negative. Studies are still being done, and still coming up with the same results. We are long past the time to dismiss it as foolishness.

Homeopathy cures where Conventional Allopathic Medicine (CAM) fails

Signature 

Evidence-based Homeopathy

Posted: 07 June 2008 02:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
Dr. Nancy Malik - 07 June 2008 10:46 AM

Homeopathy cures where Conventional Allopathic Medicine (CAM) fails

And Conventional Allopathic Medicine (CAM) often cures where homeopathy fails.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 07 June 2008 02:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Read up on the Placebo Effect before Necroposting, thank you.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

2 of 19