1 of 2
Is this a hoax or not? (i really need help)
Posted: 12 April 2008 09:19 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2501
Joined  2008-03-23

the following is a email that i got claiming i got a HUGE amount of money.I know its a trick but i didnt see this in my searches in THE museum of hoaxes.please post your ideas.(I REALLY NEED HELP see i have been reduced to begging)
To Mr. Carlo Yu

From The Desk Of Mr.AZIZ AHMED.
Bill And Exchange Manager.
African Development Bank A.D.B.
Ouagadougou Burkina-Faso.
West Africa.This is my private e mail: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

PLANE CRASH WEB SITE http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/africa/12/26/benin.crash/index.html
        ( “REMITTANCE OF $10.5 TEN MILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSEND U.S.A DOLLARS Only.
            CONFIDENTIAL IS THE CASE”)
            Compliment Of The Season,
On a very good day. I am (Mr AZIZ AHMED) Manager Of BILL And Exchange in African developent bank (ADB).I got your contact from a Yahoo google Search.

When i was searching for a foreign partner i assured of your capability and reliability to champion this businees opportunity when i prayed to God or Allah about you.In my department we discovered an abandoned sum of $ 10.5 million U.S.A dollars ( Ten Million Five hundred thousend U.S.A dollars Only) .

In an account that belongs to one of our foreign customer MR ADAMS SALAH who died along with his entire family on (friday december 26,2003 ) in a plane crash. Since we got information about his death, we have been expecting his next of kin to come over and claim his money because we cannot release it unless somebody applies for it as next of kin or relation to the deceased as indicated in our banking guidelines, but unfortunately we learnt that all his supposed next of kin or relation died alongside with him at the plane crash leaving nobody behind for the claim.

It is therefore upon this discovery that I and one official in my department now decided to make this businness proposal to you and release the money to you as the next of kin or relation to the deceased for safety and subsequent disbursement since nobody is coming for it and we dont want this money to go into the bank treasury as unclaimed bill.
The Banking law and guideline here stipulates that if such money remained unclamed after five years, the money will be transfered into the Bank treasury as unclaimed fund. The request of foreigner as next of kin in this business is occasioned by the fact that the customer was a foreigner, and a Burkinabe cannot stand as next of kin to a foreigner.

We agree that 30% of this money will be for you as foreign partner, in respect to the provision of a foreign account, 10 % will be set aside for expenses incured during the business and 60 % would be for me, Therefore after I and my family will visit you in your country for disbursement according to the percentages indicated.

Therefore to enable the immediate trnansfer of this fund to you as
arranged, you must apply first to the bank as relations or next of kin of the deceased indicating your bank name, your bank account number, your private telephone and fax number for easy and effective communication and location where the money will be remitted.Upon receipt of your reply, I will send to you by fax or email the text of the application I will not fail to bring to your notice that this transaction is hitch free and that you should not entertain any atom of fear as all required arrangements have been made for the transfer.

Your Full Name…........................?
Your Sex…..............................?
Your Age…..............................?
Your Country…..........................?
Marital Status…...................?
Your Occupation….......................?
Your Personal Mobile N

Signature 

Why does spellcheck hate me?
GO HERE
Those who wish to fight, must now about eternal might. The blue skies turn red, Maybe it’s time you fled? Why wait for the army to strike when you know you don’t need to fight? Aren’t I right? The flower will bloom, and after the blue skies turn red, out comes your doom.
GO HERE….or else…My pets wont grow

Posted: 12 April 2008 10:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2065
Joined  2005-12-05

It looks legit to me.

If I were you, I’d hop a plane and go there right now.  Take large amounts of cash. 

Come on now.  You may be an adolescent nuisence with nothing to do but waste people’s time, but you’re not a moron.

Signature 

Space…..it seems to go on and on forever, but then you get to the end and the gorrilla starts throwing barrels at you. - Phlip J. Fry

Posted: 12 April 2008 10:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02
Bebelicious - 12 April 2008 02:03 PM

It looks legit to me.

If I were you, I’d hop a plane and go there right now.  Take large amounts of cash. 

Come on now.  You may be an adolescent nuisence with nothing to do but waste people’s time, but you’re not a moron.

LOL

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 12 April 2008 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15028
Joined  2006-08-16

There’s a whole thread of very similar emails right here.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 12 April 2008 12:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  56862
Joined  2005-02-10

Read this wikipedia article on Advance Fee Fraud to give you a better idea of what you’re dealing with.
smile

Signature 

2-15-15 9-19 1 19-16-15-18-11 7-15-4-4-5-19-19 15-6 13-9-7-8-20
Turnip Boris Yeltsin frog juggling doormat termite lizard

“Herbal medicine’s been around for thousands of years! Indeed it has. And then we tested it all, and the stuff that worked became medicine. And the rest of it’s just a nice bowl of soup and some pot pourri.” - Dara O’Briain

Posted: 12 April 2008 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-23

0_o
How did u know?

Signature 

GO HERE
Those who wish to fight, must now about eternal might. The blue skies turn red, Maybe it’s time you fled? Why wait for the army to strike when you know you don’t need to fight? Aren’t I right? The flower will bloom, and after the blue skies turn red, out comes your doom.

Posted: 14 April 2008 03:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-23

If it is real what would i do with the money?
i wonder how much this site costs….

Signature 

GO HERE

Posted: 15 April 2008 12:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7356
Joined  2005-06-23

Thats debatable.

Signature 

“We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.”
- Voltaire

Posted: 15 April 2008 03:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  126
Joined  2008-04-11
silver caliber magnum - 14 April 2008 07:26 AM

Invest it all in an airline company in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

Signature 

“My chief task has been to conquer fear” - Houdini

Posted: 21 April 2008 05:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-03-23
Magnoire La Chouette - 15 April 2008 07:37 PM
silver caliber magnum - 14 April 2008 07:26 AM

Invest it all in an airline company in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

Rather not. if the money is real ill try to contact alex and maybe buy the site.THEN turn it to a website about the protection of fluffy cute parrots.THEN invest.

Signature 

GO HERE

Posted: 25 April 2008 09:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2008-03-31

These are known as 419 scams. 

Here’s a site dedicated scambaiting - engaging these scammers and then out witting them.  In other words, scamming the scammers.

http://www.419eater.com/index.htm

Posted: 25 April 2008 09:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  56862
Joined  2005-02-10

I wouldn’t bother, Coriolis. He hasn’t deigned to acknowledge anyone else’s links of information…

Signature 

2-15-15 9-19 1 19-16-15-18-11 7-15-4-4-5-19-19 15-6 13-9-7-8-20
Turnip Boris Yeltsin frog juggling doormat termite lizard

“Herbal medicine’s been around for thousands of years! Indeed it has. And then we tested it all, and the stuff that worked became medicine. And the rest of it’s just a nice bowl of soup and some pot pourri.” - Dara O’Briain

1 of 2