1 of 1
HOW IS BABBY FORMEd?
Posted: 21 March 2008 01:38 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15030
Joined  2006-08-16

Some of you may know the name Shamus Young from his (now completed) DM of the Rings webcomic.

When I discovered DMotR I started reading his blog and still check it regularly.  Today he had an interesting post about Yahoo! Answers.  There was a travesty of the internet that happened over at Yahoo! Answers and Shamus talks about it a little bit.  I suggest you read his post and enjoy it as much as I did.

But if you don’t want to I’ll share the story of what inspired his post.  (Don’t bother reading past here if you go read Shamus’ post.  He puts it together better than I will. wink)

Apparently there was a question posted over at Yahoo! Answers a while ago that asked the following (appearing exactly like this):

HOW IS BABBY FORMEd?
HOW GIRL GET PRAGNENT

As you would probably expect, there were several answers that were very straightforward with lots of (the correct) information.  Informative links were also provided.  These were apparently modded down as not being helpful.  The following response was raised to being the most helpful answer (again appearing exactly like this):

They need to do way instain mother> who kill thier babbys. becuse these babby cant frigth back? it was on the news this mroing a mother in ar who had kill her three kids. they are taking the three babby back to new york too lady to rest my pary are with the father who lost his children ; i am truley sorry for your lots

The best part of this is the Flash animation that came about because of it.  You can view it here

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 21 March 2008 01:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26370
Joined  2004-11-29

Of course, the fact that Shamus links to IWC in his post doesn’t do any harm, either…eh? wink

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 21 March 2008 07:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

We can only hope the original poster doesn’t figure it out.. we don’t need that kind of intelligence spreading.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 21 March 2008 09:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  56862
Joined  2005-02-10

LOL
I love the flash animation.

Signature 

2-15-15 9-19 1 19-16-15-18-11 7-15-4-4-5-19-19 15-6 13-9-7-8-20
Turnip Boris Yeltsin frog juggling doormat termite lizard

“Herbal medicine’s been around for thousands of years! Indeed it has. And then we tested it all, and the stuff that worked became medicine. And the rest of it’s just a nice bowl of soup and some pot pourri.” - Dara O’Briain

Posted: 23 March 2008 07:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2007-06-27

Didn’t realize the flash animation was looped. Mistakenly let it play repeatedly on my headphones while writing email.

Now I can’t get the voices out of my head….

...Babby…

Signature 

And of course, with the birth of the artist came the inevitable afterbirth—the critic.

Posted: 23 March 2008 08:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17
OnTheMark - 23 March 2008 11:27 AM

Didn’t realize the flash animation was looped. Mistakenly let it play repeatedly on my headphones while writing email.

Now I can’t get the voices out of my head….

...Babby…

LOL
Oh dear…

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

1 of 1