1 of 1
New type of minibar
Posted: 18 March 2008 06:06 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26370
Joined  2004-11-29

An English hotel will be offering a sex toy minibar when it opens later this year…

The Vincent Hotel, in Southport near Liverpool, will have “intimate seduction kits” in each of its 60 rooms from May, containing lubricating gel, massage oil, a vibrating ring and two condoms.

The kit will be in a sealed box alongside more traditional minibar items like nuts, chocolate and alcohol. Guests can request an extra special kit containing a whip, mask and bondage tape.

Owner Paul Adams said: “As well as giving guests a design conscious venue to stay, we wanted to give them a decadent, inspiring and seductive environment to enjoy.

“We want to provide our residents with a distinct and highly individual experience in their own private, opulent space.”

Southport is best-known for its Victorian-era promenade, the oldest surviving iron pier in Britain and the Royal Birkdale golf club, where the Open Championship will be held in July.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 18 March 2008 06:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

o.O

Woo… Speaking as someone who works in the hotel industry, I know they’re gonna have complaints from the housekeepers over this one.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 18 March 2008 12:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  9103
Joined  2008-03-02

Wonder how much they’re gonna charge for *those* minibar items?  I’ve always heard that the stuff in minibars is ridiculously expensive….

Signature 

“Like a crazed Nigerian wearing LifeWave Energy Patches” (Nettie, on the night she “banned” me from the MoH!)

“What fools these mortals be…”—Smaug (according to Robert Asprin)

Visit here to help my dragons grow! Thanks!

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

And oh, yeah—my blog.

Posted: 18 March 2008 01:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2368
Joined  2007-02-06
Crafty Dragon - 18 March 2008 04:45 PM

Wonder how much they’re gonna charge for *those* minibar items?  I’ve always heard that the stuff in minibars is ridiculously expensive….

It’ll cost you an arm and a…
well, I won’t finish that sentance wink

Signature 

Posted: 18 March 2008 02:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5545
Joined  2007-03-14

I can see the laundry bills going up drastically.  I wonder if the *extra* kit is provided at no additional cost??

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 18 March 2008 11:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  421
Joined  2006-05-29
gray - 18 March 2008 06:27 PM

I can see the laundry bills going up drastically.

Yes, I can ‘imagine’ people combining all that other stuff into some rather interesting mixes.

I wonder if the *extra* kit is provided at no additional cost??

I think that depends on how much of the room is reusable after you’re done. cheese

Just a thought, because they come in minibars, shouldn’t these kits come with the warning: “not edible”. It might be rather embarrassing to have your obituary/tombstone read: “Choked on a condom”

Signature 

-Paranoid amnesiac: I keep forgetting they’re after me-
Vanquished Illusions and Desire wear Techno-Organic Wings

Posted: 19 March 2008 03:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  293
Joined  2005-09-11

What happened to the old Bible on the nightstand? big surprise You know, the one donated by Christian Travelling Businessmen’s Association or whatever it was called?

Signature 

This is the internet, where men are men, women are men, and little girls are FBI agents.

“Do you expect me to talk?”
“No, Mr Bond, I expect you to die!”

Some people are like slinkies: They don’t really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Posted: 19 March 2008 08:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5545
Joined  2007-03-14
eovti - 19 March 2008 07:22 AM

What happened to the old Bible on the nightstand? big surprise You know, the one donated by Christian Travelling Businessmen’s Association or whatever it was called?

They are still there.  However any hotel I’ve ever been in they look brand new despite having a published date a couple of decades earlier.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 19 March 2008 10:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3214
Joined  2007-05-18

They are provided by Gideon International, and the Gideons replace the Bibles pretty regularly, including if they get battered looking or defaced or anything like that. (I’ve never been involved with the group, but I’ve known a couple of other people who were—they seem to be very nice folks but they are a bit too evangelical for my taste.) For one thing, it’s perfectly OK with the Gideons if a traveler wants to take the Bible with him. Make no mistake, Gray, you may not use those Bibles but some people do.

If I checked into a hotel that had a sex toy minibar, I would FOR SURE check the sheets, and I’d want a fresh-from-the-laundry bedspread too. You remember that survey a few years back on how those bedspreads tended to be just perfectly disgusting? And that was without sex toys. I mean, euw!

Posted: 19 March 2008 01:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10733
Joined  2008-02-21

Gee! Now I’ll be able to leave my little ‘kit’ at home! cheese

Of course, the rubber sheets will still be extra… downer

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

Posted: 20 March 2008 10:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7356
Joined  2005-06-23

Only two condoms?

I hope they refresh this mini bar every day when they change the sheets. And they BETTER change the sheets.

Signature 

“We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.”
- Voltaire

1 of 1