4 of 6
Heath Ledger - Dead?!
Posted: 24 January 2008 04:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  404
Joined  2006-07-31
David B. - 24 January 2008 11:14 AM

Naturally, the ‘Westborough Baptist Church’ plan to picket his funeral...

Why cant they respect people’s right to mourn at a funeral without having to listen to them spewing their hate message??? Its not like Heath was gay himself, just played one in a movie.

And, I think its pretty self-righteous of them to claim that God, someone none of them has ever talked to, and therefore dont know his likes/dislikes, hates gays. What if God is fond of gays? What if his best friends are gay??? Who are we to say what God does and doesnt like? We are mere men, we have no right to decide what God agrees with. I say, leave the judging up to him.

Signature 

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste very good with ketchup.

Do not enter a battle of wits unarmed.

NEVER play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Posted: 24 January 2008 08:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1167
Joined  2005-06-15

The Westboro people just need to chill out.  They give a bad name to those who honsetly try to be Christian.

Signature 

Beerrun all we need is a 10 and a fiver a car, keys, and a sober driver

Posted: 24 January 2008 11:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  43
Joined  2007-12-07

It’s just pure insensitive what the Westborough Church are doing. Let the world mourn for a great actor. You can argue the fate of his soul all you want in your own head, that’s your right, but leave the rest of humanity alone.

Personally, i think God would know the difference between being gay and playing a gay man in a film. Give him some credit, he is God remember. It’s like saying that Al Pacino is going to hell because he played a mass murdering gangster. I don’t believe it works that way.

I don’t think God particularly cares if people are homosexual either. As long we don’t hurt others, and are capable of giving and receiving to each other love like He offers us, then he leaves us up to our own devises.

Signature 

“Whenever somebody says something is impossible, he is usually interupted by someone doing it”

Notice it says ‘he’?

Posted: 25 January 2008 12:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-07-31

No one has any right to protest at a funeral For ANY reason. Its a funeral. People are mourning the loss of a family member. I mean, seriously, what if someone protested at one of their funerals??? I bet they would throw a fit over it.

Signature 

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste very good with ketchup.

Posted: 25 January 2008 11:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08
red_dragon_girl_69 - 25 January 2008 05:31 AM

I mean, seriously, what if someone protested at one of their funerals??? I bet they would throw a fit over it.

We should do it!!

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 25 January 2008 12:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
Maegan - 25 January 2008 04:52 PM

I mean, seriously, what if someone protested at one of their funerals??? I bet they would throw a fit over it.

We should do it!!

Are you planning on there being a funeral in their group sometime soon, Maegan?  hmmm

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 25 January 2008 12:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-08

I plead the 5th.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 25 January 2008 01:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-07-31
Maegan - 25 January 2008 04:52 PM

We should do it!!

I honestly think someone SHOULD protest their funeral.

They say “God hates fags”. I assume they get that from where in the bible it says “A man shalt not lay in bed with another man” or something like that. Did they miss the part that says “Love the sinner, hate the sin”? God doesnt hate gays. He hates the act of the gay man, not the gay man himself. That is also assuming that God hates.

Signature 

Posted: 25 January 2008 06:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15033
Joined  2006-08-16
Maegan - 25 January 2008 05:32 PM

I plead the 5th.

On February 5th.  Right.  Got it marked on my calendar.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 25 January 2008 09:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-08

There is going to be some kind of memorial in NY…so that is probably were WBC will picket.  The assholes.  I can be a Christian and still love gay people…even fake ones.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 25 January 2008 10:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
Maegan - 25 January 2008 05:32 PM

I plead the 5th.

That figures.  wink

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

4 of 6