1 of 1
The war on squirrels continues, with no end in sight
Posted: 21 January 2008 03:53 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  22747
Joined  2006-03-29

Link

A cartoon showing squirrels hanging themselves and throwing themselves in front of cars has drawn the ire of Romanian broadcasting authorities.

The Romanian authorities are grumpy because they’d like to ban it, but they have no control over the cartoon because it is broadcast on a channel with a British license.

The Romanian regulatory body for television broadcasting said Thursday it would make an official protest to the European Commission about the one-minute cartoon shown every afternoon on the British-licensed channel AXN.

The cartoon, called Suicidal Squirrels, is also broadcast on cable television in Poland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, and Moldova, officials said.

The National Audiovisual Council argued that the cartoon is damaging for children to watch.

AXN declined to reach an agreement with Romanian regulators, broadcasting officials said.

Some people may say this is an overreaction, but I don’t think that such programs would be broadcast in Britain at two in the afternoon,’ said Gelu Trandafir, a member of the broadcasting council.

AXN, which is seen on cable television, obtained its license from Britain and therefore is governed by British broadcasting rules.

Frankly, it just looks like a bit of a rip-off of The Book Of Bunny Suicides, but who are we to pass judgement? Anything that helps in the War On Squirrels is okay by us…

Signature 

Remember, remember… I am the ONE.

Posted: 22 January 2008 09:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  43
Joined  2007-12-07

Sounds to me to be alot like Happy Tree Friends, only Happy Tree Friends is more accidental than deliberate suicide.

Everyone do the Contraversial TV Show Chant:

“Blame the parents for letting them watch it!”

cheese

Signature 

“Whenever somebody says something is impossible, he is usually interupted by someone doing it”

Notice it says ‘he’?

Posted: 22 January 2008 10:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

Ugh, my husband watches happy tree friends.  It’s disgusting!

When they say “cartoon” they mean like looney tunes right?  It’s moving pictures & sound?  There are quite a few “adult” cartoons on US TV that are NOT for kids.  South Park is one I can think of right off hand..>Family Guy, American Dad…but they are on at times when children would not normally be in front of the television.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

1 of 1