1 of 1
Dr. Phil AND Britney In The Same Story
Posted: 18 January 2008 03:29 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15026
Joined  2006-08-16

This might technically be News, but I refuse to put it in that category.

State of California Investigating Dr. Phil

A complaint has been filed against Dr. Phil with the California Board of Psychology.

The complaint reportedly accuses Dr. Phil McGraw of practicing without a license when he visited Britney Spears at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center after her meltdown earlier this month, according to TMZ.com.

Dr. Phil is also accused of violating the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. The complaint alleges Dr. Phil practiced clinical psychology without a license and further violated doctor-patient privilege by discussing the pop star’s case with the media.

Dr. Phil has never been licensed to practice in California, and he is no longer licensed in his home state of Texas.

McGraw failed to complete the conditions imposed as disciplinary sanctions by the Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologists in 1989.

At that time a former therapy client had filed a complaint against him, claiming their relationship was inappropriate.

McGraw later admitted giving her a job but denied touching her.

Soon after he was officially reprimanded, McGraw closed his private practice.

To quote Bugs Bunny: “What a maroon!”

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 18 January 2008 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15276
Joined  2006-01-17
Tah - 18 January 2008 08:29 PM

This might technically be News, but I refuse to put it in that category.

*applauds Tah*

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 18 January 2008 08:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1167
Joined  2005-06-15

Well licensed or not he did violate her privacy.  Some things are just none of everybody’s business.

Signature 

Beerrun all we need is a 10 and a fiver a car, keys, and a sober driver

Posted: 18 January 2008 09:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5538
Joined  2007-03-14

So what is the attraction with Dr Phil anyway??

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 19 January 2008 07:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15

Dr. Phil talks with an honesty you just don’t see.  Many people need that to help face up to their problems

Signature 

Posted: 20 January 2008 12:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

Technically…Britney was never his patient…so he didn’t violate.  All reps & info coming from Britney’s side said he was not treating her.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 20 January 2008 09:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-15

Still as a nurse, even if a person is not my patient, there are things I just would not tell.  Abuse and suicide threats have to be reported to the right people but otherwise I think Dr. Phill just wants the ambient press.

Signature 

1 of 1