Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15033
Joined  2006-08-16
oppiejoe - 31 May 2010 04:12 PM

Why not?
We have to.
blank stare

You sit around for years at a time not working and making money just waiting on this film? Del Toro is, essentially, not working on anything while waiting for this. I don’t blame him for walking away so he can pursue other jobs.

That doesn’t mean that I am not saddened by it. I wish the project would move forward and get done. I am anxious to see the movie(s).

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 01 June 2010 03:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Here is a bit more on the current situation.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 26 June 2010 12:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-16

Well, this isn’t really that surprising and makes me quite happy:

Peter Jackson in negotiations for ‘The Hobbit’

Almost one month after Guillermo del Toro dropped out of directing The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson is in talks to helm the two films in the franchise. While we wait for the studios involved or Jackson

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 20 July 2010 11:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-07-20

This is definitely a positive, although Del Toro should have had the chance. I’m sorry he had to decline.

Posted: 09 November 2010 02:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-16

Slightly old news now, but The Hobbit is greenlit and Peter Jackson is directing.

Signature 

Posted: 19 April 2011 10:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-16

The following is on Facebook, so you probably have to have a Facebook account to view it.

It’s a video and I’m posting it in the thread about The Hobbit. Why are you reading this and haven’t clicked on the link yet?

Signature 

Posted: 20 April 2011 07:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26371
Joined  2004-11-29

And if you don’t have a Facebook account, you can watch it on YouTube here.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 22 May 2011 11:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-16

Not quite on topic, but closely enough related I’ll post it here.

The Lord of the Rings extended editions will be playing in theaters again. Each movie for one night. June 14, 21 and 28. (Hopefully they show them in order.)

And, on June 28, the extended edition movies will be released on Blu-ray.

More info here.

Signature 

Posted: 23 May 2011 04:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6932
Joined  2005-10-21

Oh! Hey, they have Deep Roy, the guy who played all the Oompa Loompas. Nifty!

Also, way to go Peter on losing so much weight! Wow. I mean, him and Michael Moore used to be tied for ‘biggest director’, but now Jackson’s down to a respectable size, while Moore.. Well, it looks like he may have eaten another director.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 24 May 2011 09:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  10733
Joined  2008-02-21

Well, we knew that Jackson would go for realism, but.. gulp

News Link

Two Hurt in Explosion on ‘Hobbit’ Set

WELLINGTON, New Zealand (KTLA)—Two people were treated for injuries after an explosion on the New Zealand set of “The Hobbit” Tuesday.

The Sydney Morning Herald reported firefighters had been called to the set of Peter Jackson’s latest installment in the “Lord of the Rings” series Monday, though reports said there was no visible fire.

Studio reps said the explosion in one of the studio workshops at Stone Street Studios in Wellington was “minor” and that the two were taken to a local hospital and later released.

Ceris Price, a publicist for “The Hobbit,” told The Herald that the men were drilling on a statue when the explosion occured.

They have not been identified.

Filming has since resumed.

Signature 

“Always, I Do What Is Necessary” - Rissa Kerguelen
Go to my Blog. It’s lonely.

I Am Still The Black Swan Of Trespass On Alien Waters
To the believer no proof is required; to the skeptic no proof is sufficient.

6 of 6