1 of 1
Image of Jesus in a meteorite
Posted: 17 December 2007 06:25 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06

source

CELINA, Texas—An Abilene man who recently moved to Collin County said he wants to share his gift from the heavens with North Texans.

Terrance Cotton said he wished on what he thought was falling star outside his Abilene home while playing with his dogs. The object headed toward him at lighting speed, he said.

“There was this cracking sound, and it was really loud,” Cotton said.

A meteorite crashed into his yard.

“I heard a voice, and it said, ‘Look and see if you can see a face,’” he said. “And I looked, and I saw an image of Jesus Christ.”

The object does not look like a freshly fallen iron meteorite at all by the way, it obviously is a weathered object.

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 17 December 2007 06:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

and once again, it looks more like a Kitchen Witch than any image of Jesus I’ve seen.

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 17 December 2007 06:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26371
Joined  2004-11-29

Maybe if Jesus was a mummy or an alien he’d look like that.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 17 December 2007 06:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Okay. . .even considering the normal quality range of Jesus images in things, this one is reallllllly stretching it.

The whole meteorite in its entirety does sort of look like the head of the big roboty thing from the cover of Queen’s “News of the World” album, though. . .

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 17 December 2007 12:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1826
Joined  2006-03-03

I shall be the first to say…...SPACE JESUS!!!!!

Signature 

I am the Malfunction!

Because dignity is overrated anyway cheese

Posted: 17 December 2007 01:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  356
Joined  2004-11-10

After this latest round of images I’ve come to the conclusion that Jesus really sucks at art.

Signature 

Alas, to wear the mantle of Galileo it is not enough that you be persecuted by an unkind establishment, you must also be right.
-Robert Park

Posted: 23 March 2008 07:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2501
Joined  2008-03-23

ummmmm…thats jesus?

Signature 

Why does spellcheck hate me?
GO HERE
Those who wish to fight, must now about eternal might. The blue skies turn red, Maybe it’s time you fled? Why wait for the army to strike when you know you don’t need to fight? Aren’t I right? The flower will bloom, and after the blue skies turn red, out comes your doom.
GO HERE….or else…My pets wont grow

Posted: 24 March 2008 10:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6932
Joined  2005-10-21
silver caliber magnum - 23 March 2008 11:11 AM

ummmmm…thats jesus?

After that little incident involving a burning marshmallow, yes.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 24 March 2008 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3214
Joined  2007-05-18
Accipiter - 17 December 2007 11:37 AM

Okay. . .even considering the normal quality range of Jesus images in things, this one is reallllllly stretching it.

The whole meteorite in its entirety does sort of look like the head of the big roboty thing from the cover of Queen’s “News of the World” album, though. . .

Amazing. That’s exactly what I thought of when I first saw it.

1 of 1