Total Posts:  147
Joined  2007-11-22
Renquist - 11 December 2007 05:44 AM
davebgimp - 11 December 2007 01:10 AM
Renquist - 10 December 2007 11:09 PM
davebgimp - 10 December 2007 10:56 PM
Tah - 10 December 2007 10:34 PM

*Gets a perfect score on the song on Guitar Hero VIII*

I’m currently shredding my way through GH3.

I loved GH1 and 2, but I’ve been advised to skip 3. It’s not nearly as good apparently. And pretty expensive. Song list isn’t anything to write home about either.

I don’t know…I’ve got GH2 and GH Rocks the 80’s as well. So far I’m loving GH3, although I find it significantly harder than the predecessors. I’m thinking I like it better than the others, though the final vote is still out till I’ve had more time with it. Not sure yet about the boss battles they’ve introduced.

Oh Rock the 80s was dire. Seriously. No bonus tracks, a paltry amount of shit 80s songs and they charge full price. It’s barely an expansion. If I was in charge and a guy came in and said “Hey, why don’t we make an era-themed GH?” I’d say it was good work. If he then said “Rock the 80s.” I’d beat him senseless.

The 80s were dire in terms of good rock music. Dire. The big bands had their hey-days in the 70s. Few good bands came out in the 80s and those that did aren’t on GH Rock the 80s. There’s a Judas Priest song. Nice. An Iron Maiden track. Not bad but why, of the hundreds of songs Maiden has, did they choose that one?

No, ROck the 80s was, in my opinion, an abortion of a game.

[/indignant rocker]

Yeah, I actually picked up 80’s this past weekend and was kind of pissed when after about an hour or so, I’d busted through all the songs on medium and there were no bonus tracks to unlock. Besides, when you think guitar rock, the ‘80’s is not the first decade to come to mind. The 70’s would have definitely been more appropriate. Also, I’m still holding out for a all-Metal addition. \m/[(>.<)]\m/

So, I spent a good while with GH3 last night and I’m definitely digging it. The song list is pretty great overall. There’s some stupid stuff, sure. Who wants to rock out to the Killers…ever? Santana? No. But, some of the songs are serious classics, like “Paint It Black”, “Paranoid and “La Grange” and while I’m not a fan of Metallica (I like my Metal mean and real), playing “One” is ridiculously formidable and fun. The boss battles are not my favorite part of the game, but they definitely are challenging.

Signature 

Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.

Posted: 11 December 2007 10:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4243
Joined  2005-06-05
Renquist - 11 December 2007 05:44 AM

The 80s were dire in terms of good rock music. Dire.

...Straits?

Posted: 11 December 2007 03:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  240
Joined  2007-06-23

:D   i beat it on expert yesterday!
well….me&my friend kinda worked as a team but we split each tier and if need be took turns on the bosses
but stil wooooo!

Signature 

“You know, if you watch Jaws backwards, it

Posted: 11 December 2007 04:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

I actually saw two bands that have songs in GH2 about a week ago. I had bought the tickets about a month before I got the game and was surprised at the coincidence. Valiant Thorr kind was kind off underwhelming, but The Sword was pretty kick-ass. I bought their album the next morning. They’re eardrum-crushing live.

Signature 

Posted: 11 December 2007 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7356
Joined  2005-06-23

In the last month I’ve seen Alice Cooper, Motorhead, Joan Jett, Diamondhead and Thin Lizzy.

How many of them are in any of the GH series? Joan Jett and Motorhead, obviously. Not too sure about Alice Cooper or Thin Lizzy. The Boys Are Back In Town would be AWESOME.

Signature 

“We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.”
- Voltaire

Posted: 11 December 2007 04:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

Thin Lizzy is on GH2 and and Alice Cooper is either on Rocks the 80’s or GH3, not sure, but the song is “School’s Out”.

Signature 

Posted: 11 December 2007 05:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-23

Oh yeah, ‘Bad Reputation’.

Why that? Not ANY of their better songs? Honestly…

Signature 

- Voltaire

Posted: 11 December 2007 06:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22
Renquist - 11 December 2007 10:03 PM

Oh yeah, ‘Bad Reputation’.

Why that? Not ANY of their better songs? Honestly…

Might have something to do with licensing rights and fees, although I really don’t know.

I do know that The Romantics had “What I Like About You” licensed for GH80’s and are now suing Activision and others because they claim the game infringed the group’s right to its own image and likeness by recording a cover version that is extremely close to the original recorded by the Romantics. How head-up-the-ass is that? They want sales of the game halted, pulled off shelves and damages paid retroactively on all sales. It’s laughable.

Signature 

Posted: 11 December 2007 06:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-23

‘The Romantics’?

F***‘s sake. Talk about thinking a lot of themselves. If a cover band can sound juuuust like them, then they should probably take that as a sign that their music is in no way unique and they bring nothing new to the table. Not exactly Led Zeppelin, are they?

Signature 

- Voltaire

1 of 1