Blog Sound Off
Posted: 11 December 2007 12:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26042
Joined  2004-11-08

I agree, but that doesn’t meant I want most of the rest of you reading it. wink

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 11 December 2007 12:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  147
Joined  2007-11-22

I can’t stomach blogs that bitch about personal diary-like stuff. Especially ones along the line of, “OMG, I’m so mad about something and a certain someone totally pissed me off. K, bye.” type.

Pathetic.

If you don’t have a topical and content oriented blog, I think it’s fine to have a personal site that serves as a “What I’m doing now” kind of thing, but if it’s going to be a “today I woke up and watched TV and felt like crying all day” online diary, keep it private. It’s incredibly narcissistic and pretty much nails you as a douchebag.

I also hate bad repost blogs. I understand that a lot of the internet is made up of reposting or quoting content and slapping a link back and used sparingly, it’s okay, but sites where that’s it is…again, pathetic. It’s fine to be a site of filtered content…look at boinboing, but there needs to be some commentary, something that adds to the information.

Signature 

Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.

Posted: 11 December 2007 04:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15028
Joined  2006-08-16
Smerk - 11 December 2007 12:21 PM

Personally, I think he should just get them all on RSS feeds.

That would be waaaaaay too easy.  Or not.  I guess first I’d need to figure out how to set up RSS feeds first.  Never bothered to learn because I didn’t care that much. wink

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 11 December 2007 04:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15028
Joined  2006-08-16
Charybdis - 11 December 2007 03:31 PM

Is it really of concern that some people don’t update their blogs?  Some of us have nothing to say that anyone else really wants to read, you know. raspberry

If it’s someone I know (at least in a vague, online, we spend time on a forum together kind of way) and like I enjoy reading the blog and learning a little bit more about the.  It doesn’t matter how mundane and “boring” it may be.

Reading the same thing randomly from someone I don’t know the least bit about is another matter, though. wink

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 11 December 2007 04:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

davebgimp, N E O and Chary, I gotta agree.  Unless someone’s actually living a very bizarre life or an unusually different one etc., no one’s that interested. 

A lot of whining and screaming DOES belong on forums though because if you really need to vent (we’re all human here I think), then sharing some of anger makes the ‘venting’ work for everyone. 

Incredibly personal thoughts and ideas are something I would never, ever put into print.  I tried doing a diary for a few days when I was an early teen.  I realized someone could easily read it and use it against me so I destroyed it.  It’s even easier here on the internet for someone to take your personal and intimate thoughts and really play with you. 

Nope, I don’t want anyone knowing that much about me….good grief, not even me!

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 11 December 2007 04:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22
Tah - 11 December 2007 09:37 PM
Smerk - 11 December 2007 12:21 PM

Personally, I think he should just get them all on RSS feeds.

That would be waaaaaay too easy.  Or not.  I guess first I’d need to figure out how to set up RSS feeds first.  Never bothered to learn because I didn’t care that much. wink

To read or publish?

To read, I use and recommend Google Reader. It’s awesome, especially once you get the keyboard shortcuts down.

To publish:
Your RSS feed is
http://tahtales.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

Signature 

Posted: 11 December 2007 04:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  56862
Joined  2005-02-10

I haven’t updated my blog since last month, and I’ve got to update TatWars again.

BTW, I find the idea that:
“Unless someone

Signature 

2-15-15 9-19 1 19-16-15-18-11 7-15-4-4-5-19-19 15-6 13-9-7-8-20
Turnip Boris Yeltsin frog juggling doormat termite lizard

“Herbal medicine’s been around for thousands of years! Indeed it has. And then we tested it all, and the stuff that worked became medicine. And the rest of it’s just a nice bowl of soup and some pot pourri.” - Dara O’Briain

Posted: 11 December 2007 04:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22
Boo - 11 December 2007 09:48 PM

I haven’t updated my blog since last month, and I’ve got to update TatWars again.

BTW, I find the idea that:
“Unless someone

Signature 

Posted: 11 December 2007 04:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-10

I do, thank you.

I was just commenting on the rather sweeping generalisation.

Signature 

“Herbal medicine’s been around for thousands of years! Indeed it has. And then we tested it all, and the stuff that worked became medicine. And the rest of it’s just a nice bowl of soup and some pot pourri.” - Dara O’Briain

Posted: 11 December 2007 05:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

I apologize Boo.  I do think some people are interested, it’s just that it terrifies me that someone might be too interested in my thoughts unless they are more general, and not intimate. 

I’ve never been able to get close to anyone though, except Erik, and there are many things that I have never shared with him even or any other soul….ever. 

I’ve been told too many times while growing up and then in relationships that my opinion amounts to tiddley-twat.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 11 December 2007 05:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-10

That’s quite all right, Huli.
smile
My blog tends to veer occasionally into personal things, but is mostly observations and news.

And you need to remember that the people who told you that your opinion amounted to tiddley-twat are complete and utter f***wits.
If you need anyone kneecapped, PM me.
wink

Signature 

3 of 92