5 of 56
Nambudripad’s Allergy Elimination Techniques, NAET.  Expensive quackery or miracle treatment?
Posted: 14 December 2007 10:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  147
Joined  2007-11-22

Anotherone and Wilberto’s writing style and brave disregard for paragraphs are remarkably similar.

Signature 

Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.

Posted: 14 December 2007 03:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2007-11-19

wilberto: It’s great to hear of your success. This forum will not provide you much satisfaction. Its not for people to share good results they have had, rather for (the most part) people to criticize. They are (again for the most part) not interested in information as much as the desire to knock people down. As a practitioner of Naet, I have seen much like you describe. A month ago I had an autistic boy referred to me who also had not had regular bowel movements in over 6 months. After one treatment he began having regular digestive results and his teachers, not knowing he was seeing anyone, began remarking to his parents about how he has begun doing so much better. The board here is mostly interested in where I went to school and who taught me how to make sentences, since my grammar is below their level. You even see on here that there are those who think you and I are the same person because they have analyzed our sentence strucuture and because we have good things to report about NAET. Keep doing what you are doing as long as it works. I wish the best for your family. I have seen many wonderful changes with autistic children with this technique. Hopefully, more good things to come. And to do this technique does not require that the practitioner go to medical school where he will be taught that all good things come in synthetic pill form and the rest is quackery, so don’t worry about that. You are lucky to have found a skilled practitioiner.

Posted: 14 December 2007 04:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-12-14

Thanks guys. I just wanted to share that with you. I really undestand your point and believe me I am a new user. My son was diagnosed by Dr. Rubin at Childrens Healthcare of Atlanta back in September. 

One very interesting point that the dorctor who is treating him the NAET treatment is that on the first day he told me that he is not going to cure my son’s autism.  He is a chirocpractor not an MD, he told me that he could help with my son’s allergies and that is that is causing him to have some autistic behavior that we could see an improvement. To be honest we are doing floor plan and NAET at the same time. It may be floor time what is helping with the progress it may be NAET who knows.  All I know is that I am going to keep doing what I am doing because I can see the change. On another post Id like to share something that I saw during one of my visits that to be honest freak me out but it made me believe a little more on this treatment.

Posted: 14 December 2007 04:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2007-12-14

Daveb,

I am really sorry for my grammar. I was born and raised in Puerto Rico and English is my second languague.  I moved to the USA to look for more alternatives to help my son because they are minimal in Puerto Rico

Posted: 15 December 2007 02:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-12-15

I found this forum when googling the website for NAET to send to a migraine sufferer.  It is very easy to understand that this technique seems like quackery because it uses a very odd methodology.  I have been a patient of a Chinese medical doctor - Dr. S. Chi of Wpg. Mb. since 2002.  I have bipolar mood disorder and before I went to see her I was almost bedridden with severe headaches and exhaustion.  I had also experienced extreme digestive problems since my early teens which was always dismissed by medical doctors as a “nervous stomach” and related to my mental illness.  After 8 weekly treatments I had complete relief from daily headaches and after 4 months I no longer had any digestive problems and can eat whatever I choose.  She has also helped to keep my mood disorder on an even keel and I visit about once every 6 weeks for a “tune-up”.  The cost of the treatments is very reasonable(50.00) per visit and many health plans cover this expense in Manitoba.  As I have been her patient for over 5 years now I have met and talked with many of her patients who have been very satisfied with their relief of symptoms, digestive, pain, anxiety and many others.  She has never claimed to be able to “cure” my particular mood disorder(I am still on antidepressants) but she assured me that she could reduce the severity of my symptoms and she has certainly “come up with the goods” in my case.  I have recommended her to several of my friends and family members for various ailments and every one of them have been completely satisfied with their results.  She has not had to advertise for the past 10 years…...all of her clients come from word of mouth and her office is filled to capacity everyday.  I normally do not join in on forum discussions and I only registered so I could say something in defense of the system that has given me a new life.  I have learned over the years that keeping an “open mind” is very important in looking for solutions to untreatable medical conditions.  The term “the proof is in the pudding” comes to mind when trying to find the words to convey the fact that this is another viable form of therapy to look into when searching for alternative medical treatments.

Posted: 16 December 2007 01:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22

Sockpuppet

A sockpuppet is an online identity used for purposes of deception within an Internet community. In its earliest usage, a sockpuppet was a false identity through which a member of an Internet community speaks while pretending not to, like a puppeteer manipulating a hand puppet.

In current usage, the perception of the term has been extended beyond second identities of people who already post in a forum to include other uses of misleading online identities. For example, a NY Times article claims that “sock-puppeting” is defined as “the act of creating a fake online identity to praise, defend or create the illusion of support for one

Signature 

Posted: 16 December 2007 02:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-12-15

For your information I am not a “sock puppet” and I have absolutely no affiliation with the other posters or with Naet, I’m just a satisfied customer.  Obviously you have do not want to hear about the “miracle” part of this so called forum but just so you know that I am a real person, you may google my name “Irene Johnston” - Winnipeg and maybe you just might investigate your topic a little further before you call someone a “quack”.  By the way, I don’t know what your financial situation is but in my books $50.00 for a treatment is not “expensive” especially if it brings results and if it doesn’t work out I hardly think it will bring the average person to a state of bankruptcy.

Posted: 16 December 2007 03:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26371
Joined  2004-11-29

Daveb, in my opinion you are getting very close to breaking forum rule 2 with your last post.  Consider yourself warned.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 16 December 2007 07:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  33
Joined  2007-11-19

thank you for sharing, fullywooly..enjoy your great results and continue to share…it is too much for the mindset of the critical to be open to the fact that they just may be wrong. I can tell, you will not be deterred

Posted: 16 December 2007 01:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-22
Smerk - 16 December 2007 08:06 AM

Daveb, in my opinion you are getting very close to breaking forum rule 2 with your last post.  Consider yourself warned.

Whatever. That’s very interpretive.

Signature 

Posted: 16 December 2007 01:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  356
Joined  2004-11-10
Anotherone - 16 December 2007 12:05 PM

...it is too much for the mindset of the critical to be open to the fact that they just may be wrong.

Anotherone,

I’m always amused when practitioners of quackery think they have an open mind. The skeptics here are questioning: a treatment that was “developed” by an unqualified medical person who made wild claims about curing herself from allergies that are physical impossibilities (vitamin C, sugar, etc), belief in a treatment that goes against not just one thing but many things that medical science has learned in the last 200 years, use of said treatment for 30 years without any scientific testing to ensure its efficacy and safety. And you have the gall to call us close-minded! What this means is people like you have been making money from human guinea pigs without any concern that you may be doing irreparable harm to them.

You claim to have observed positive results over the years but what if the first few ended in disaster? Would you have modified the treatment and tried again? Were you prepared to tell their families and the prosecuting attorney you tried an unproven experimental treatment on them? I do hope for your sake you have adequate malpractice insurance. And your patients? I guess they’ll just have to take their chances.

Your main justification seems to be you personally observed positive results but if you were a true professional you would know that is the lowest level of proof in the scientific method. How can we be sure your conclusions were not skewed by personal bias or some unaccounted for factor? Even if these things did not affect your results how are we, the public, supposed to know that? Why should we trust you? The answer is, of course, we shouldn’t. That is why protocols like double blind studies were developed. All conventional treatments have gone through this process so why shouldn’t NAET? If NAET is as good as you say it is, it should pass these tests with no problems. Instead it remains on the fringe with no apparent attempt to legitimize it.

The true measure of an open mind is to state up front what it would take to admit you are wrong. I will be convinced I am wrong if there are properly conducted studies of NAET performed by qualified medical researchers, know those studies were published in a respected scientific journal, know that they were peer-reviewed by other qualified medical researchers and see any positive results replicated by even more qualified medical researchers. If that happens then there is a good chance NAET may have some basis in fact.

What would it take to convince YOU that you are wrong?

Signature 

Alas, to wear the mantle of Galileo it is not enough that you be persecuted by an unkind establishment, you must also be right.
-Robert Park

5 of 56