1 of 1
Man drinks hairspray in store - a stiff drink?
Posted: 15 November 2007 12:47 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  405
Joined  2005-10-26

I was wondering how desperate you’d have to be to drink hair spray, thinking that there wouldnt be as much alcohol as other crap you’d have to down. But, possibly not to my surprise, drinking hairspray is actually a well documented substance abuse.
ie http://www.wellbriety-nci.org/Publications/ocean.htm

Still, you cant go past the cost benefit. $2 for 2 bottles of 70% alcohol…..

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/article/10120

Man drinks hairspray in store; busted for shoplifting

A man was arrested for shoplifting two bottles of White Rain Hair Spray, which he drank in the Wal-Mart on Beal Parkway, according to an Okaloosa County Sheriff

Posted: 15 November 2007 09:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1167
Joined  2005-06-15

Why didn’t he go for the mouth wash?  That would have had more punch

Signature 

Beerrun all we need is a 10 and a fiver a car, keys, and a sober driver

Posted: 15 November 2007 10:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Mouth wash actually contains stuff designed to prevent people from doing that. A little bit is fine, but if you actualy *drink* the stuff, it will make you nauseous, and probably even vomit.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 15 November 2007 10:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7356
Joined  2005-06-23

They don’t bother putting it in hairspray because nobody ever thought anyone would be stupid enough to chug it.

Signature 

“We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.”
- Voltaire

Posted: 16 November 2007 06:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

One word.

Nyquil.

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 16 November 2007 08:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5540
Joined  2007-03-14

Sterno was the substance of choice when I was young.    Wonder if you can still get it??

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 16 November 2007 04:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15029
Joined  2006-08-16
MadCarlotta - 16 November 2007 11:49 AM

One word.

Nyquil.

At least in the U.S. I don’t believe Nyquil has alcohol in it anymore.

And several stores now have cold medicines and the like under lock and key.  They are one of the main things bought/stolen to make into meth.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 16 November 2007 05:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

It’s still alcoholic up here. I know because I’ve been taking The Green Death every night for the past few days for this infernal cold.

They lock up certain medicines here too, they can only be purchased when a pharamacist is on duty, but they don’t do what some states do in that you have to show ID and can only purchase a certain amount per month, etc. That’s crazy.

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 16 November 2007 08:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6930
Joined  2005-10-21

Ah, NyQuil…

The ‘nighttime sniffling, sneezing stuffy head what the *hell* am I doing waking up on the kitchen floor’ medicine..

And actually, the stuff that can be made into meth is anything containing psuedoephedrine, which is about half the more potent allergy medicines out there. Some cold remedies contain it, too.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsability to disprove your claims, but rather your responsability to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 16 November 2007 09:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  22747
Joined  2006-03-29

I bet he was plastered.

Signature 

Remember, remember… I am the ONE.

1 of 1