1 of 3
Traffic accident pictures
Posted: 17 November 2005 07:01 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  827
Joined  2005-10-20

first one, to see as to how this came to be:  http://poetry.rotten.com/redlight/redlight1.jpg
second one suspected as a hoax: http://poetry.rotten.com/redlight/redlight2.jpg

In the second picture to the left there is car and a little girl in it, I can’t figure out if she’s screaming… or laughing…

Signature 

Real Eyes Realize Real Lies.

Posted: 17 November 2005 07:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26384
Joined  2004-11-29

The second pic doesn’t seem quite right for it to be genuine.  But then again, I’ve been wrong about these things before!

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 18 November 2005 02:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8167
Joined  2005-02-06

Real I think. And not fun.

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 18 November 2005 02:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Hmm, the guy in the second picture doesn’t look right to have been hit by the car.  He was hit in the legs, so you’d expect to see his legs pointing towards the front of the car and his head facing rearwards.  Instead, he’s the other way around, as though he was hit in the chest or head.  Of course, he could have been hit so hard that he flipped completely over, but then wouldn’t there have been at least a dent on the car’s bumper?  It’s hard to tell if it’s real or not just from these pictures.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 18 November 2005 02:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8167
Joined  2005-02-06

I think he was hit, got over the bonnet, hit the head against the windshield (is there a star in the glass low left?) and turned in the act.

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 18 November 2005 06:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3174
Joined  2005-05-19

Rotten is banned at our workplace so i can’t see it i’m afraid!

Signature 

“Never before in my time at the bar or on the bench have I ever had to deal with somebody who voluntarily allowed himself to be buggered by a dog on the public highway.”

Posted: 18 November 2005 06:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

The pictures are a bit too low resolution to really be able to see much detail; maybe he did damage the windshield, maybe not.

Blood For Nothing - 18 November 2005 12:01 AM

In the second picture to the left there is car and a little girl in it, I can’t figure out if she’s screaming… or laughing…

Considering the bloodthirsty nature of you youngsters these days, it could very well be laughter.  But the woman beside her certainly looks to be making “Oh no!” gestures.  Or is she just making impolite gestures at the camera?  Hmm.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 18 November 2005 09:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2005-11-16

surely there would be skid marks in the second picture.. and i like the way the old lady is trying to remove the man with the windscreen wiper!  fake.

Signature 

Philadelphia / Seventy-Eight
Shut down M.O.V.E. / By police state
Forty-five police storm Powellton Village
Government sanctioned rape and pillage
Friendly fire kills officer dead
The M.O.V.E. nine are framed up instead
One dead cop / One officer’s gun
(One) Unjust system is yet undone
In spite of efforts dissipated
Until the movement was incinerated

Posted: 20 November 2005 05:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2336
Joined  2005-11-02

I think real. the driver looks oblivious I doubt there would be skid marks, between hitting person, thinking brake and applying brakes the skid marks may only be starting, thats of cause IF the driver is going to stop, this has happened at least three times outside my place of work in the last year. there are about 5 cctv camera’s in various locations around the junction so Im sure there are lots of still’s of these incidents taken from the cctv footage so its not hard to imagine pics like this being “misplace, etc” and ending up on the internet. Plus the windscreen wiper parks or rests on the side that has been struck so it is in fact being moved from the impact.

Signature 

The true mystery of the world is the visible, not the invisible.
Oscar Wilde

http://www.destinedtofall.co.uk

Posted: 20 November 2005 05:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

Skid marks only indicate that the brakes were used.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 20 November 2005 05:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

...To note, I cannot see the images.  (Banned from workplace - Violence.)

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 21 November 2005 05:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2005-11-21

I think It’s fake, if you look closely the windshield wiper in the first pic is down on the drivers side, then on the second its raised on the passenger side, i can’t see anything other than that changed on the windshield, and there is a star from an impact shot, but also take a look at the time on the top of the pics, I haven’t worked with cameras or camcorders much but it seems odd… plus if you look at the surrounding cars they have barely moved, assuming the person driving the car wasn’t driving 70 mph in city limits, in their right mind they would have stopped and allowed the pedestrians to pass had it not been a set up for a commercial, an add, or just for laughter on the net…. Take to note a lot of people do these things for the joy of humoring other people.

1 of 3

‹‹ Underwater Giant      Treadmill bike ››