{pagination_links}
33 of {total_pages}
New Forum Manual
Posted: 07 August 2005 04:06 AM
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

With this new software, a lot of things have changed and sometimes it’s difficult to figure out how to do things.  So I’m starting this topic so we can try to show how to use the new features.  Try to keep any comments on this page to the point.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 07 August 2005 04:07 AM   [ # 34 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14

Logging on and being anonymous:

There are two ways to log on.  The first is to simply fill in your user name and password in the boxes at the top of the page.  This is the quick method, but it doesn’t give you any options.

The second method is to click the little “Login” button at the very top of the page.  This will take you to a different page altogether.  There you enter in your user name and password, but you also have a couple of extra options.  Beneath where you type in your password, there are two check boxes.  Checking the first one, labeled “Auto-login on future visits?”, will log you in automatically every time you go to any Museum of Hoaxes page until you log off, turn off your computer, or clear certain of your computer’s folders (such as your cache files, cookies, or temporary files folder.  Some computers are set to clear those folders automatically at set intervals of time, while with others the user has to do it manually). 

Checking the second box, “Show my name in the online users list”, displays your user name on the main page of the Forum.  If you leave this box unchecked, then your user name is not shown to anybody and you are only listed as an “anonymous user”.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 07 August 2005 04:08 AM   [ # 35 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14

New Member, Junior Member, Member, Senior Member, and Five Star Member:

The Forum’s software keeps track of the total number of posts you make.  As you reach certain numbers, you get “promoted”.  For example, you start as a New Member, and after 25 posts you become a Junior member.  The number of green boxes under your name matches the level that you’re currently at.  1 box is for New Members, 2 for Junior Members, etc.

The number of posts needed to reach each level (as far as I can remember) are:
26 = Junior Member
51 = Member
201 = Senior Member
1001 = Five Star Member
There’s nothing beyond Five Star Member right now, but Alex the Webmaster can add on more levels if he wants (e.g.:  5001 post = Super Five Star Member, 10000 = Devoted Museum of Hoaxes Follower, 100000 = Person In Need of A Life).

Signature 

Posted: 07 August 2005 04:09 AM   [ # 36 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14

Moderators:

Moderators (such as Smerk, the author of the post below this one) are people chosen by Alex (the webmaster) to try to keep the Forum from descending too far into the depths of anarchy.  They have special abilities, such as being able to edit other people’s comments.  If a comment you posted has suddenly been edited or vanished, that probably means that one of the Moderators decided that it was objectionable and changed it.

The Moderators tend to be rather lenient, as this is a forum for open discussion.  However, if you do such things as excessively flame people, post spam, constantly post total gibberish (we’re used to partial gibberish around here), or do things that are simply weirder than usual, they may edit your posts and/or contact you.

Moderators can also have you banned from the Forum if you misbehave too much, so don’t try to “fight back” by posting lots of nonsense to annoy them!

Signature 

Posted: 07 August 2005 04:15 AM   [ # 37 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26384
Joined  2004-11-29

You can also change the size of your font by typing {size=1}Text{/size} using [] instead of {}. Size varies from Small at #1 to Largest at #6.

Signature 

Remember, a Dragon is for life!

Posted: 16 August 2005 02:29 PM   [ # 38 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14

Text colours:

Here is a list of some of the text colours you can use:
aquamarine
beige
black
blue
brown
chartreuse
coral
fuchsia
gold
gray
green
lavender
magenta
maroon
olive
orange
pink
plum
purple
red
sienna
tan
teal
turquoise
violet
white (white)
yellow

Some of these colours can be found in the menu on the “Post Reply” page, but others you have to type in manually by typing {color=red}type text here{/color} and replace the {} with [] and the colour you want to use in place of "red".
Below, I typed {color=maroon}Hello!{/color}

Hello!

Signature 

Posted: 16 August 2005 02:31 PM   [ # 39 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14

Edit:

You can go back and correct previous comments you’ve made by going to the particular comment and clicking the “Edit” button beneath it.  You can only edit your own comments, unless you’re a Moderator.

Signature 

Posted: 16 August 2005 02:37 PM   [ # 40 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14

Quote:

If you want to reply to a comment that was made a while ago, you can show which comment you’re replying to by going to it and clicking the “Quote” button.  Here is how it looks when I Quote the previous comment I posted:

Accipiter - 16 August 2005 06:31 PM

Edit:

You can go back and correct previous comments you’ve made by going to the particular comment and clicking the “Edit” button beneath it.  You can only edit your own comments, unless you’re a Moderator.

You can quote the entire comment, or edit the amount you quote so it’s just the essential part by deleting the extra words after hitting the “Quote” button:

Accipiter - 16 August 2005 06:31 PM

You can only edit your own comments, unless you’re a Moderator.

You cannot use the “Quote” button in topics that have been closed, but you can manually copy and paste the comment, type {quote} and {/quote} around it (replacing the {} with []), and have a similar effect. You won't get the person's name and date automatically that way, but you can type those in manually as well if you feel the need. Below, I copied and pasted the main body of the comment I'd quoted earlier, then set it up like this:

{quote}{b}Accipiter - 16 August 2005{/b}

You can go back and correct previous comments you’ve made by going to the particular comment and clicking the “Edit” button beneath it.  You can only edit your own comments, unless you’re a Moderator.{/quote}

Accipiter - 16 August 2005

I had to type out the {quote} parts, the name and the date.

Signature 

Posted: 16 August 2005 02:55 PM   [ # 41 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14

To post an Internet link or an image from the Internet directly onto the page:

To copy an image directly from elsewhere on the Internet to the Forum:  type {img}web address{/img} and replace the {} with [].
Below, I typed {img}http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/rabid_junebug/Artwork/Sketches/Beetle1.jpg{/img}

To post a link to a website:  type {a href=web address}name of link{/a} and replace the {} with <>.
Below, I typed {a href=http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y131/rabid_junebug/Artwork/Sketches/Beetle1.jpg}Beetle image{/a}

Beetle image

Signature 

Posted: 16 August 2005 03:06 PM   [ # 42 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14

Creating an avatar, and posting a link to a picture on your hard drive:

Go into Post Reply and use the “Browse” button by where it says “Attachments”.  When you’ve found the image, click “Submit Post”.  Then you’ll get an image like the one shown below.

For some reason, a few people will have trouble doing this.  What these people have to do is to upload the image from their hard drive to the Internet (you can use a website such as http://www.photobucket.com to do this).  Then you save the image from the website back onto your hard drive.  This is also sometimes needed when adding an avatar.

Avatars can apparently only be uploaded from your hard drive.  In order to add an avatar, click on “Your Control Panel” at the top of the screen.  From the list on the left, click on “Edit Avatar”.  You can then browse your hard drive for the image you want, assuming that it is within the given size requirements.

Image Attachments
Beetle1.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 16 August 2005 03:10 PM   [ # 43 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14

Signatures:

Signatures are comments that automatically appear at the end of each comment a person posts.

You can set what you want your own signature to be by clicking on “Your Control Panel” at the top of the page, then clicking “Edit Signature” on the menu on the left, and then typing in whatever you want your signature to be.

If you get tired of looking at other people’s signatures all the time, you can choose to turn off your ability to see them.  Click on the “Your Control Panel” button, then “Edit Preferences” on the menu at the left.  Uncheck the box marked “Display member signatures in entries”.  To see signatures again, go back and check the box.

Signature 

Posted: 16 August 2005 11:45 PM   [ # 44 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-29
Accipiter - 16 August 2005 07:10 PM

Moderators:

Moderators can also have you banned from the Forum, so don’t annoy them!

Not quite true.  Alex is the only one with the Power to ban.  But we can request people to be banned.  Ultimately, though, it’s Alex’s decision.

Signature 

Posted: 23 August 2005 04:24 PM   [ # 45 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14

Private Messages (PMs):

To send a PM to somebody, click on the button labeled “PM” under their name.  You can send no more than 50 PMs in any 24 hour period.  Alex the Webmaster has tried to increase this number, but it seems to be stuck on 50 with the current software.

You can only see if you’ve received a PM by logging in.  If you have one waiting for you, then box at the top of the page with the letters “PM” in it will turn green, and beside it you will see how many unread messages you have.

Also, the default setting for this software automatically sends an e-mail to your listed e-mail address every time you receive a PM.  To change this, click on “Your Control Panel” at the top of the page, find “E-mail Settings” on the menu at the left, and then uncheck the box marked “Notify me via email when someone sends me a private message”.

When typing a PM, you can change your font properties (colour, size, italics, etc.).  Attaching pictures or links to other pages won’t work, though.

Sometimes when a PM is sent, it will appear two or three times in the recipient’s inbox.  We have no idea why this happens.

Signature 

Posted: 24 August 2005 05:49 AM   [ # 46 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08
Accipiter - 23 August 2005 08:24 PM

Logging on and being anonymous:Checking the first one, labeled “Auto-login on future visits?”, will log you in automatically every time you go to any Museum of Hoaxes page until you either log off or turn off your computer.

Also, if you clear you cache files, cookies, or temp. files.  (Some people do this on their own, and some computers are set up to do it automatically every xx days.)

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 29 August 2005 04:20 PM   [ # 47 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14

Not being able to post your comment:

Sometimes when you’ve typed your comment and hit the “Submit Post” button, things don’t work as they should.  There are various possibilities for this.  It could be the “Posting Monster”, which is apparently some little filtering subprogram in the software that won’t let certain comments be posted.  The Posting Monster is rather random and sporadic in its attacks, though shorter comments tend to have this problem more often than longer ones.  So if this happens to you, try adding some more text or a smiley to your comment.  This may also be caused by the server getting overloaded.

Other times, your comment won’t post just because the software does something weird.  In this situation, all you can do is try again.

Sometimes your comment will even be posted twice!  Remember, this Forum’s software is not infallible, and strange inexplicable things will happen.

Signature 

Posted: 03 September 2005 11:22 PM   [ # 48 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-29

To avoid confusion with Off Topic Chit Chat threads, the daily chat threads should only be set up and closed by Moderators.

Signature 

Posted: 06 September 2005 01:26 PM   [ # 49 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  374
Joined  2004-04-20

Accipiter, thanks for creating this thread. Just a few clarifications:

Banning Users: Charybdis also has the power to ban users.

Private Messages: I tried to up the limit of private messages that can be sent in a 24 hour period, but no matter what I do the limit seems to stay stuck at around 50. So this seems beyond my control. Maybe it’s a software bug that will be fixed in later versions of the software.

Posting Monster: If the server is getting overloaded, strange things like this can happen. 

Member Levels: There is nothing that exists beyond five-star member. Though I could create levels beyond five-star if people want it. I’m willing to take suggestions. (Adding levels is very easy to do.)

Posted: 06 September 2005 01:38 PM   [ # 50 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5071
Joined  2005-03-16

Heh, I’m nearly at 2000 posts - sad really. I think I should get Goddess level Member. 😉

(kidding, kidding.)

Thanks for the clarifys, Alex.

Posted: 22 October 2005 03:19 AM   [ # 51 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5153
Joined  2005-01-11
Accipiter - 23 August 2005 08:24 PM

Private Messages:

You can only see if you’ve received a PM by loggin in. If you have one, then box at the top of the page with the letters “PM” in it will turn green, and beside it you will see how many unread messages you have.

I dunno how I set it up, but I get an email when I have a PM, otherwise I’d never check it, it’s such a rare occurrence 😊

Signature 

If you can’t handle someone at their worst,

You don’t deserve them at their best.

Posted: 23 October 2005 12:16 AM   [ # 52 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-29

Thunder, it’s automatically set up to send emails under your email settings on your control panel.

Signature 

Posted: 23 October 2005 04:57 AM   [ # 53 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-11

ok okay lol.

Signature 

Posted: 25 October 2005 04:31 PM   [ # 54 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  180
Joined  2005-10-12

just testing out the forum stuff

Signature 

“No point mentioning those bats, I thought. The poor bastard will see them soon enough.”
When humanity forgets the importance of art, art will forget that humanity exists… - Me / 2004

Posted: 30 October 2005 11:14 PM   [ # 55 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2005-10-30

And with a new forum a new name!

I was once known to regulars as D F Stuckey, and while I am still I use here my most common internet name as it sums me up quite nicely.

More importantly at present, I make inquiry: How does one get the cool pictures and quotes to be generated in the side column with ones name?

Posted: 30 October 2005 11:28 PM   [ # 56 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-29

“Cool Pictures”  AKA Avatars:

Go to the top of the screen and select “Your Control Panel”.  On the left hand side under “Personal Settings” select “Edit Avatar”  You can either select an avatar from the default set or upload your own from your hard drive by selecting the “Browse” button.  A maximum of 100x100 pixels and 50kb can be uploaded.  Once you’ve selected your avatar, click “Upload Avatar” to save changes.

Quotes/Signatures:

Again, under “Personal Settings” select “Edit signature”.  Type quote/signature in the box provided then click “Update Signature”.

Signature 

Posted: 23 November 2005 03:32 PM   [ # 57 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2005-10-06

im so glad for this page..being new..ive learnt much here..now just to apply it.thank you so much

Posted: 25 November 2005 10:08 AM   [ # 58 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-11

bleh, cant I delete this post.

~~~Ignore lalala~~~

Signature 

Posted: 26 December 2005 07:22 AM   [ # 59 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1482
Joined  2005-12-01

this is cool now I do not feel stupid about not knowing about the form.

Posted: 06 January 2006 07:50 AM   [ # 60 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  827
Joined  2005-10-20
Smerk - 04 September 2005 03:22 AM

To avoid confusion with Off Topic Chit Chat threads, the daily chat threads should only be set up and closed by Moderators.

so does that mean I’m banished further more from creating those everyday chit chat forums, and how does that stop confusion?

Signature 

Real Eyes Realize Real Lies.

Posted: 06 January 2006 08:24 AM   [ # 61 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26052
Joined  2004-11-08

As long as a mod comes along and closes the old one it’s not a problem.  I just don’t think we want everyone opening new ones day after day if there aren’t any mods around for a few days, otherwise they’d start stacking up.  Also, I don’t know if it’s an option you have when opening, but I have to follow up and make the thread sticky after you open it, which isn’t that big a deal.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 06 February 2006 11:28 AM   [ # 62 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Okay boo, tell me what I’m doing wrong.  (I first posted in another just to test this…I’m trying to follow Accipiter’s instructions for putting an image in: 

I am pulling from my own site directory and using the img code above.  I also tried just entering this manually

Signature 

SilentTone:// hulitoons blog of just plain silliness
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 06 February 2006 11:29 AM   [ # 63 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

this is the address I’m trying to pull: http://hulitoons.tripod.com/rabbit pink yawns small.gif

Signature 

UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 06 February 2006 11:42 AM   [ # 64 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  56861
Joined  2005-02-10

Hi Hulitoons.
This is what I picked up as the web address:
http://hulitoons.tripod.com/rabbit pink ears small.gif

Please say if you’d like me to delete it.
The only problem I can work out is spaces between words.
Any ideas about that?

Signature 

2-15-15 9-19 1 19-16-15-18-11 7-15-4-4-5-19-19 15-6 13-9-7-8-20
Turnip Boris Yeltsin frog juggling doormat termite lizard

“Herbal medicine’s been around for thousands of years! Indeed it has. And then we tested it all, and the stuff that worked became medicine. And the rest of it’s just a nice bowl of soup and some pot pourri.” - Dara O’Briain

Posted: 06 February 2006 11:52 AM   [ # 65 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

I tried other images too.  I also replaced the spaces with underlines (the old way).... I am going to try an images that has no spaces: 

http://hulitoons.tripod.com/Raven.jpg Edited for sanity

http://hulitoons.tripod.com/batnewfliessmall.gif

I am trying one-word images in both jpg and in gif

Signature 

Posted: 06 February 2006 11:55 AM   [ # 66 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

Images inserted directly INTO a post (not those attached using ‘browse’) MUST be a one-word name.  Spaces are not recognized and won’t pull, neither will they pull even with coding or underlines in the spaces.  I changed the names of images to get them to properly pull, closing spaces up completely.

Signature 

Posted: 06 February 2006 11:55 AM   [ # 67 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-10

That works.
Although the first one is gigantic!
😊

Signature 

“Herbal medicine’s been around for thousands of years! Indeed it has. And then we tested it all, and the stuff that worked became medicine. And the rest of it’s just a nice bowl of soup and some pot pourri.” - Dara O’Briain

Posted: 06 February 2006 11:57 AM   [ # 68 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17
Boo - 06 February 2006 04:55 PM

That works.
Although the first one is gigantic!
😊

Yes it is….it was a random choice, but I have to have these HUGE on my site (they’re first in thumbnails) so that various galleries and juried groups can view detail HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  Sorry about that!

Signature 

Posted: 06 February 2006 12:01 PM   [ # 69 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-10

The best idea is to take the time to shrink them on this site, so they don’t screw up the formatting of the page.
😊

Signature 

Posted: 06 February 2006 12:15 PM   [ # 70 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17
Boo - 06 February 2006 05:01 PM

The best idea is to take the time to shrink them on this site, so they don’t screw up the formatting of the page.
😊

I’m a ‘trouble-shooter?’  YES SHRINK YOUR IMAGES so folks aren’t scrolling to the right forever!

Signature 

Posted: 06 February 2006 12:17 PM   [ # 71 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17
hulitoons - 06 February 2006 05:15 PM

😊

I’m a ‘trouble-shooter?’  YES SHRINK YOUR IMAGES so folks aren’t scrolling to the right forever!

BOO!  can you please edit that off there? and maybe just leave the other?

Signature 

Posted: 06 February 2006 12:18 PM   [ # 72 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-10

I believe a trouble-shooter would involve stopping people having to scroll to the right.
😛
Anyway, you seem to have got it.
😊

Signature 

Posted: 06 February 2006 12:19 PM   [ # 73 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-10
hulitoons - 06 February 2006 05:17 PM

😊

BOO!  can you please edit that off there? and maybe just leave the other?

Edit what off where?

Signature 

Posted: 06 February 2006 01:39 PM   [ # 74 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

THANKS BOO!!!

Signature 

Posted: 23 August 2006 08:43 PM   [ # 75 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15034
Joined  2006-08-16

Is there somewhere where the smilies are shown along with the codes required to make them?

I figure most of them are basic and generic, yet this :D does not make a big-smile smilie I’m sure I’ve seen on the board before.  And there are probably others, too.

Edit:  Nevermind.  Link to the immediate left.  Duh! :red:

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 24 August 2006 03:15 AM   [ # 76 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-10

It’s also top left of the text box on ‘fast reply’.
😊

Signature 

Posted: 24 August 2006 03:54 AM   [ # 77 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-11

Heh, I didnt know that 🙄

Thanks boo!

Signature 

Posted: 15 January 2007 12:43 PM   [ # 78 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  171
Joined  2006-12-12
Alex - 06 September 2005 05:26 PM

Member Levels: There is nothing that exists beyond five-star member. Though I could create levels beyond five-star if people want it. I’m willing to take suggestions. (Adding levels is very easy to do.)

How about 2001= Conspiracist,
          3001= Jr. Hoaxpert,
And     5000+= Hoaxpert

:wow:

Signature 

You have selected Teh Monochrome as the computer’s default voice.

Posted: 15 January 2007 02:47 PM   [ # 79 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-11

Nope teh you cant have that until I’m about 5,000 posts 😊

Signature 

Posted: 16 January 2007 04:21 AM   [ # 80 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-29
Teh Monochrome - 15 January 2007 05:43 PM

3001= Jr. Hoaxpert,
And     5000+= Hoaxpert

Hmm…we should probably make the intervals a tad bigger, considering some of the people are up around 20,000 posts…or more…

Signature 

Posted: 16 January 2007 07:38 AM   [ # 81 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-02-10
Smerk - 16 January 2007 09:21 AM

Hmm…we should probably make the intervals a tad bigger, considering some of the people are up around 20,000 posts…or more…

*whistles innocently*

Signature 

Posted: 16 January 2007 12:50 PM   [ # 82 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-12
Smerk - 16 January 2007 09:21 AM
Teh Monochrome - 15 January 2007 05:43 PM

3001= Jr. Hoaxpert,
And     5000+= Hoaxpert

Definately.

Signature 

Posted: 16 January 2007 01:26 PM   [ # 83 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-11

But if you do that I’ll haveto come on more often to defend my title of the highest thingy you can get.. and I’m sure none of you want that 😉

Signature 

Posted: 17 January 2007 03:42 AM   [ # 84 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-29

You’ve got a lot of catching up to do, though Thunder!

Signature 

Posted: 17 January 2007 06:54 AM   [ # 85 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  68
Joined  2007-01-12

I just want my second green square. *weeps*

😝

Signature 

Law of Cat Composition: A cat is composed of Matter + Anti-Matter + It Doesn’t Matter

Posted: 17 January 2007 07:56 AM   [ # 86 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-08

20K & over could be “goldstar” member or something.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 08 May 2007 02:55 PM   [ # 87 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-12

Or we could call them “authors” lol

Signature 

Posted: 21 April 2008 03:15 AM   [ # 88 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2501
Joined  2008-03-23

GOD this is long Now i know why i NEVER read manuals.BTW how many posts do u need to become a five star member?
P.S. the joke about 10000 posts being a person who needs a life is funny but offending.

Signature 

Why does spellcheck hate me?
GO HERE
Those who wish to fight, must now about eternal might. The blue skies turn red, Maybe it’s time you fled? Why wait for the army to strike when you know you don’t need to fight? Aren’t I right? The flower will bloom, and after the blue skies turn red, out comes your doom.
GO HERE….or else…My pets wont grow

Posted: 21 April 2008 03:34 AM   [ # 89 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6943
Joined  2005-10-21

Oi.. SCM? No Necroposting, please.. This thread’s over a year old.

Signature 

1: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If it does what it says, you should have no problem with this.
2: What proof will you accept that you are wrong? You ask us to change our mind, but we cannot change yours?
3: It is not our responsibility to disprove your claims, but rather your responsibility to prove them.
4. Personal testamonials are not proof.

What part of ‘meow’ don’t you understand?

Posted: 21 April 2008 08:42 AM   [ # 90 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2501
Joined  2008-03-23

sorry couldnt resist…

Signature 

Why does spellcheck hate me?
GO HERE
Those who wish to fight, must now about eternal might. The blue skies turn red, Maybe it’s time you fled? Why wait for the army to strike when you know you don’t need to fight? Aren’t I right? The flower will bloom, and after the blue skies turn red, out comes your doom.
GO HERE….or else…My pets wont grow

Posted: 21 April 2008 10:31 AM   [ # 91 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-08

But this is a sticky and the forum manual, so it’s okay to ask questions in it.  I don’t remember what the five-star mark is, but it’s not too much.  Maybe 5000.

Signature 

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 21 April 2008 11:18 AM   [ # 92 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-29

Or, if you go back and read the first page of this thread, you’ll see it’s 1001 where you get the 5 stars.

Signature 

Posted: 21 April 2008 11:34 AM   [ # 93 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-08

Aw, that’s too easy.  I rather liked just making facts up.

Signature 

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 22 April 2008 06:44 PM   [ # 94 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-08
Charybdis - 21 April 2008 03:34 PM

Aw, that’s too easy.  I rather liked just making facts up.

Peanut Butter turns purple in water.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 30 May 2008 01:01 PM   [ # 95 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  102
Joined  2008-05-20

If you want to quickly downsize a (non-animated) image, try this:
http://cindik.com/computers/internet/www/avatar/100x100/ :coolsmile:

{pagination_links}
33 of {total_pages}
‹‹ Friday, August 5      Sunday Aug 7 ››