An exert from this article
Rose said the ailing patient, a man whom she wouldn’t identify, consumed “several bags of extra butter-flavoured microwave popcorn” every day for several years.
He described progressively worsening respiratory symptoms of coughing and shortness of breath. Tests found his ability to exhale was deteriorating, Rose said, although his condition seemed to stabilize after he quit using microwave popcorn.
Who would have guessed it. If you eat several bags of buttery popcorn a day, it gets unhealthy. Perhaps his shortness of breath is from his diet more than anything else.
Hopefully this is just a medical investigation and not a precursor to any lawsuit action.