Posted: 24 August 2007 09:45 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3763
Joined  2007-06-07

Source

WASHINGTON

Signature 

Today is the day you worried about yesterday, and all is well…Except that the well is dry, the toilet is overflowing and a flock of meese just pooped in your back yard…

Posted: 24 August 2007 09:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7356
Joined  2005-06-23

God- “Hey, it’s a work in progress. It took me a week to get the Earth done. One planet- you think the rest of the whole f***in’ universe is easy? I give you people life, I make the whole universe in my spare time and you cheeky little shits have the sheer audacity to BITCH about the bit I’ve left to the end?”

Signature 

“We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.”
- Voltaire

Posted: 24 August 2007 09:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5020
Joined  2007-05-26

Wow O.o That’s a lot of nothing.

Signature 

http://namelessland.myminicity.com/
Visit it, or you will be hurt.

Posted: 24 August 2007 12:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5147
Joined  2005-01-27

After all these years with black holes finally a blank spot.

In ST Voyager they crossed something like that.
So it was predictable.

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 24 August 2007 12:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

Holes in the universe probably occur when the gravity from areas with bigger mass pull matter from less dense areas, Tully said. After 13 billion years “they are losing out in the battle to where there are larger concentrations of matter,” he said.

Retired NASA astronomer Steve Maran said of the discovery: “This is incredibly important for something where there is nothing to it.”

‘BlankMatter’ ???  a little like dropping oil onto water?  I guess the explanation above is logical though.  I suspect that most of the universe is just a very large blank void….well for the moment.  When humans learn how to safely travel throughout it though, that’ll all change, believe me.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 24 August 2007 12:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3763
Joined  2007-06-07
hulitoons - 24 August 2007 04:33 PM

Holes in the universe probably occur when the gravity from areas with bigger mass pull matter from less dense areas, Tully said. After 13 billion years “they are losing out in the battle to where there are larger concentrations of matter,” he said.

Retired NASA astronomer Steve Maran said of the discovery: “This is incredibly important for something where there is nothing to it.”

‘BlankMatter’ ???  a little like dropping oil onto water?  I guess the explanation above is logical though.  I suspect that most of the universe is just a very large blank void….well for the moment.  When humans learn how to safely travel throughout it though, that’ll all change, believe me.

Yes, with the inter-space equivalent of coffee cups, cigarette butts and candy-bar wrappers.

Of course, then they’ll just start an “adopt a blank matter spot” program and you’ll see big neon signs like “This Trillion Square Miles adopted by People For the September 12th Theory” and the like. LOL

Signature 

Today is the day you worried about yesterday, and all is well…Except that the well is dry, the toilet is overflowing and a flock of meese just pooped in your back yard…

Posted: 24 August 2007 01:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5539
Joined  2007-03-14
Transfrmr - 24 August 2007 04:57 PM
hulitoons - 24 August 2007 04:33 PM

Yes, with the inter-space equivalent of coffee cups, cigarette butts and candy-bar wrappers.

Of course, then they’ll just start an “adopt a blank matter spot” program and you’ll see big neon signs like “This Trillion Square Miles adopted by People For the September 12th Theory” and the like. LOL

Please no.  I would hate the thought of anything September 12th would adopt.  The place would be littered with signs advertising the start of the next intergalactic war.    Updated every year of course when the deadline passed and they had to get a new date from their emptiness.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 24 August 2007 01:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26041
Joined  2004-11-08

I bet it’s God’s Ranch.  Since God, and all of His attendants, are immaterial this makes perfect sense.  And since you can’t disprove It I win automatically.

I wonder if He calls It the Ponderosa.  That would be so cool.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 24 August 2007 03:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7525
Joined  2005-04-23

Eeeek
There are patches in the sky

Signature 

Smerk the cutest dragon
Lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist
In Western Australi

Little Accipiter loved that girl enough
He told her jokes and crazy facts
And other forum stuff

Smerk the cutest dragon:
Traveled cross the sea,
To hunt her prey in foriegn lands,
And snuggle with Acci!

Smerk the cutest dragon
Is getting married now they say
Though little Accipiter
Has yet to name the day.

http://www.veshearman.com/

Posted: 24 August 2007 03:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1624
Joined  2006-05-20
Sharruma - 24 August 2007 07:01 PM

Eeeek
There are patches in the sky

And if they correspond with patches in the very fabric of the universe. .  . . I wonder if they’re iron-ons.

Edit:  It’s just as well because Fox News nearly always keeps me in stitches.

Signature 

The truth may be out there, but lies are inside your head.

—Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

[color=green]“That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way.”

1 of 1