FALSE RELIGIONS: The Cause of Todays Curses
Posted: 18 August 2007 10:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7356
Joined  2005-06-23
Accipiter - 19 August 2007 02:53 AM
Renquist - 19 August 2007 02:48 AM

I love you and want to have your babies.

There may be one or two details that stand in the way of your desires.

I mean I actually want them, to raise as my own alongside my own children, creating a clan of brilliant satirists and debunkers.

Signature 

“We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.”
- Voltaire

Posted: 18 August 2007 11:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7525
Joined  2005-04-23

If I understand correctly
We have to believe in this religion
in order for us to witness the nuclear armadillo

Isn’t that like saying those in the
religion hallucinate?

And, where’s the statement you were going to make
you know
the ‘The world hasn’t suffered a nuclear war. Buffalo Bill is a charlatan after all etc’ comment
you assured us you were going to make or are you showing your true colors?

Signature 

Smerk the cutest dragon
Lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist
In Western Australi

Little Accipiter loved that girl enough
He told her jokes and crazy facts
And other forum stuff

Smerk the cutest dragon:
Traveled cross the sea,
To hunt her prey in foriegn lands,
And snuggle with Acci!

Smerk the cutest dragon
Is getting married now they say
Though little Accipiter
Has yet to name the day.

http://www.veshearman.com/

Posted: 18 August 2007 11:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

I just found out yesterday that Mormons wear special underwear.

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 19 August 2007 12:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2890
Joined  2005-06-15

OK.

People here know I’m a Christian. In day to day terms I just think of myself as “just another bastard”. I fart in front of other people at work. I drink too much coffee. My flat is a mess. I sometimes swear.

To me the real miracles are to be found in things like the birth of a new child, the things people do for each other and the nice shape of an attractive woman’s buttocks. It’s great to have a Christian Faith but religion does get in the way sometimes. People should let go of dogma (I’ll wait for Renquist’s joke on that word) and just learn to appreciate each other. I believe everybody is God’s child, whether they are Christian or not. I can learn to appreciate and even celebrate the differences in each person. I can recognise the humility and peaceful nature of people who follow non Christian faiths.

You can argue all you want about false religions as many good people can say a lot about that. I’d say the real cause of “today’s curses” is how people (Christians included) treat each other.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 19 August 2007 03:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5020
Joined  2007-05-26

I think there’s enough religions, no more is needed.

Signature 

http://namelessland.myminicity.com/
Visit it, or you will be hurt.

Posted: 19 August 2007 09:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7356
Joined  2005-06-23
Peter - 19 August 2007 04:31 AM

OK.

People here know I’m a Christian. In day to day terms I just think of myself as “just another bastard”. I fart in front of other people at work. I drink too much coffee. My flat is a mess. I sometimes swear.

To me the real miracles are to be found in things like the birth of a new child, the things people do for each other and the nice shape of an attractive woman’s buttocks. It’s great to have a Christian Faith but religion does get in the way sometimes. People should let go of dogma (I’ll wait for Renquist’s joke on that word) and just learn to appreciate each other. I believe everybody is God’s child, whether they are Christian or not. I can learn to appreciate and even celebrate the differences in each person. I can recognise the humility and peaceful nature of people who follow non Christian faiths.

You can argue all you want about false religions as many good people can say a lot about that. I’d say the real cause of “today’s curses” is how people (Christians included) treat each other.

I can’t think of a joke that’s good enough so I’ll let it slide tongue wink

Signature 

“We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.”
- Voltaire

Posted: 19 August 2007 12:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2065
Joined  2005-12-05

Deuteronomy 18:20-22

20: But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.

21: And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?

22: When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

So you killed your leader, and now we don’t have to be afraid of him?  Because by your terms, if you have not killed him, you have displeased the Lord.  (And note, the bible says “the” Lord)

Signature 

Space…..it seems to go on and on forever, but then you get to the end and the gorrilla starts throwing barrels at you. - Phlip J. Fry

Posted: 19 August 2007 01:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5147
Joined  2005-01-27

A quote comes to mind:

“What did the Romans ever did for us?”

“Brought peace”

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of´╗┐ our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 19 August 2007 01:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-05-26

They created a heating system.

Signature 

Posted: 19 August 2007 01:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1624
Joined  2006-05-20

sept12, why should we listen to anything you have to say when you won’t address the business of the failed prophecy?

Edit: I’ve asked you several times before, don’t any of your 613 laws forbid lying?  Your website still has a whopper right across the top of it: “September 12, 2006 Nuclear War Started”.

Signature 

The truth may be out there, but lies are inside your head.

—Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

[color=green]“That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way.”

Posted: 19 August 2007 01:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-05-26

I actually need too keep a table of how many times and different dates that people have said the world would end and War, Famine, Death and the other dude would come down on their horses, blah blah blah…

Signature 

2 of 24

‹‹ Poe Toaster Revealed      Fake engineer ››