2 of 3
CIA behind Wikipedia entries
Posted: 16 August 2007 11:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7356
Joined  2005-06-23
FrostBird - 16 August 2007 03:02 PM

It’d be interesting to see this for this forum. How many of us are with the CIA or the NSA or Interpol or MI5 or ... (got to cut short, there are some men in black at the door)

Of course we’d deny it!

Signature 

“We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.”
- Voltaire

Posted: 16 August 2007 11:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  421
Joined  2006-05-29
Renquist - 16 August 2007 03:06 PM

It’d be interesting to see this for this forum. How many of us are with the CIA or the NSA or Interpol or MI5 or ... (got to cut short, there are some men in black at the door)

Of course we’d deny it!

Of course, it’s all about plausible deniability. By posting here, I can always refer to this post as a hoax. But by stating it here as a hoax, is it still holding true as an untruth or an untrue untruth, or am I just confusing myself more?
It’ s all your fault! With your confusing posts. Aaargh! raspberry

Signature 

-Paranoid amnesiac: I keep forgetting they’re after me-
Vanquished Illusions and Desire wear Techno-Organic Wings

Posted: 16 August 2007 11:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-23
FrostBird - 16 August 2007 03:22 PM
Renquist - 16 August 2007 03:06 PM

Of course we’d deny it!

Of course, it’s all about plausible deniability. By posting here, I can always refer to this post as a hoax. But by stating it here as a hoax, is it still holding true as an untruth or an untrue untruth, or am I just confusing myself more?
It’ s all your fault! With your confusing posts. Aaargh! raspberry

You better watch out. The SIS are too classy to just kill you. The CIA are the cousin of the intellignce world that everyone’s embarassed by, that gets the special bus to school, with the kids with mitten tied to their sleeves and helmets. They’ll kill you. And probably cock it up.

Signature 

- Voltaire

Posted: 16 August 2007 11:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Don’t be silly, Renquist.  They’d just use a second gunman to fake the Apollo landings, thereby causing the Japanese to launch a sneak attack by flying a jetliner into you.  Now, if they were to make use of the Delta Dorks. . .errr, excuse me, I meant the Delta Force, then there might be a bit of a problem with their plans being carried out.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 16 August 2007 11:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-23
Accipiter - 16 August 2007 03:39 PM

Don’t be silly, Renquist.  They’d just use a second gunman to fake the Apollo landings, thereby causing the Japanese to launch a sneak attack by flying a jetliner into you.  Now, if they were to make use of the Delta Dorks. . .errr, excuse me, I meant the Delta Force, then there might be a bit of a problem with their plans being carried out.

Hopefully this time Delta Force will land in the right place and not fly the two evacuation planes into each other on take off.

Signature 

- Voltaire

Posted: 16 August 2007 12:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

I work for an agency that has no name, ‘does not exist’ and I’ve been monitoring everyone here for a very long time.  To date, the only member currently on the ‘watch list’ is hulitoons

oh wait, that’s me

I’m sure that agencies of the US government are hardly the only ones monitoring anything and everything on the internet.  I am sure there are so many countries scrambling to find someone to question that it’d make all our heads spin.  Anyone, absolutely ANYONE who has ever and continues to put anything in type on the internet is under surveillance by someone. 

I wonder just how thick each of our dossiers are becoming?

Not me though; I don’t exist

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 16 August 2007 12:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06

I can confidently state that I am under surveillance, due to my interest in military space operations. I regularly have DoD IP’s amongst my website visitors.

Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 16 August 2007 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8165
Joined  2005-02-06

And just to show I am not talking nonsense, here’s a recent one…:

Image Attachments
MoH_DOD_visit.gif
 Signature 

———
The Kruger-Dunning effect is rampant on internet fora.
J. Kruger & D. Dunning (1999), Unskilled and unaware of it: how difficulties in recognizing one’s own incompetence lead to inflated self-assessments. J Pers Soc Psychol. 77, 1121-1134

Posted: 16 August 2007 02:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

I almost applied to the CIA for a graphic designer position once. They were recruiting for designers and someone approached me about it. I thought it would be a really interesting job, but I didn’t want to move.

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 16 August 2007 02:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  77
Joined  2006-03-07

I’m with all of them, and tell the tall guy at the door that he took my iphone by mistake and I need it back. I’m parked down the block.

Posted: 16 August 2007 03:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

He says Wikipedia is just one place where government agencies are watching people.

Wait a minute. . .how is editing articles watching people?  It’s pretty obvious that they weren’t aware of Wikipedia keeping track of who edited what, because otherwise they would have been a bit sneakier when they edited things themselves.

And as for organisations editing the articles about themselves, that does make some sense.  After all, they ought to know about themselves better than anybody else does.  So them correcting things isn’t so bad, as long as other people can look at it and say, “Hey!  That’s not right!” in return.  It’s when they simply go through and delete stuff that they find embarrassing that you have to keep a really close eye on them.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

2 of 3