1 of 1
Inventor claims limitless cheap power from ordinary water.
Posted: 05 November 2005 09:09 PM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4243
Joined  2005-06-05

And, no, he’s not re-invented the (water)wheel.

According to an article in UK broadsheet “The Guardian”, by their science correspondant Alok Jha: -

“It seems too good to be true: a new source of near-limitless power that costs virtually nothing, uses tiny amounts of water as its fuel and produces next to no waste. If that does not sound radical enough, how about this: the principle behind the source turns modern physics on its head.”

Full text here.

It seems Randell Mills has let a number of physicists look at his equipment and data, and they appear fairly positive (except the quantum physicists, who were still uncertain).
smile

Posted: 06 November 2005 09:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  620
Joined  2005-06-30

uh-huh. yeeah. “quantum physics must be wrong”
hmmm

Posted: 07 November 2005 06:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-05

“No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong.”
- Albert Einstein

Posted: 07 November 2005 09:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  629
Joined  2005-01-18

Cold fusion, anyone?

Signature 

Soldier: This is the worst part. The calm before the battle.
Fry: And then the battle is not so bad?
Soldier: Oh, right. I forgot about the battle.

Posted: 07 November 2005 10:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3687
Joined  2005-02-09

I made this same doscovery as a child. around 10 yr. old….....I once operated a “Water Rocket”....It would travel at least 60 ft. into the air, and it was only powerd by water…...what amatures, lol….

Posted: 07 November 2005 10:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-05
Citizen Premier - 07 November 2005 02:49 PM

Cold fusion, anyone?

But if he’s really succeeded in making the GS of Hydrogen smaller, we’ll be able to pack much more of it into a palladium electrode and maybe get that to work too!* smile

[*] This is basically the principle behind muon-catalyzed cold fusion.

Posted: 14 February 2011 07:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-02-14
David B. - 06 November 2005 02:09 AM

And, no, he’s not re-invented the (water)wheel.

According to an article in UK broadsheet “The Guardian”, by their science correspondant Alok Jha: -

“It seems too good to be true: a new source of near-limitless power that costs virtually nothing, uses tiny amounts of water as its fuel and produces next to no waste. If that does not sound radical enough, how about this: the principle behind the source turns modern physics on its head.” I wonder if he tried a topical analgesic to rub into his sore muscles after getting that news. I don’t know about all that but I do know I had really bad nail fungus disease one time and I had to use a toenail fungus treatments to get rid of it!

Full text here.

It seems Randell Mills has let a number of physicists look at his equipment and data, and they appear fairly positive (except the quantum physicists, who were still uncertain).
smile

Ancient thread bump, I had to comment as I just read an article concerning this. After this theory was presented, Mills company Blacklight Power, got 50 million dollars in investment around 2005-2006. Within 2 years the theory was proven impossible and the concept of ‘hydrinos’ to be completely mythical. Despite this Mills continues to run the business and look for investors to this day !!  Basically the article I read was warning people against investing is pseudosciences like this. Imagine the amount of pain that news caused investors. I guess they knew the risks though.

Hydrogen continues to be a viable alternative fuel, but Hydrinos are a figment of imagination.

Posted: 14 February 2011 08:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

I’m a little confused, this is hardly my area of expertise BUT, it’s also pretty easy to say the mathematics are flawed, that his papers are ‘riddled’ with mathematical flaws etc., yet like Einstein’s quoted statement earlier here, if the major critique is about flawed math, then I believe all are owed the exact flaws to be carefully outlined and published from the first stroke to the last summation. 

History is rift with notions that certain ideas and science were static and unchangeable and then were proved very wrong.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 25 April 2011 10:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2011-04-22

I find this fascinating. I am convinced that it is only a matter of time, before we discover a viable way of producing endless amounts of energy which does not involve burning fossil fuels. The problem of course, is that once this type of technology is discovered, it threatens the oil companies. I believe that these Fat cats will do everything they can to prevent this technology from being released as it would threaten their very existence. Has anyone heard of the milo academy, I am looking for some information on it. Thank you.

Posted: 25 April 2011 02:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26042
Joined  2004-11-08
hulitoons - 15 February 2011 01:38 AM

History is rift with notions that certain ideas and science were static and unchangeable and then were proved very wrong.

This is true, but it’s up to the originators of the new theory to show that it has merit.  If you’re going to change the world then you have to actually do some work to convince others you’re correct - this they completely failed to do.  Nor did they adequately address the complaints brought against them.  It seems to be a classic case of ‘ignore your detractors and milk the funding for all it’s worth before they wise up’.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

1 of 1