1 of 1
UFO Or Marketing Stunt?
Posted: 13 August 2007 06:50 PM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17

Massive debates have been sparked online after witnesses recorded what appeared to be a pair of UFOs flying over the Caribbean island of Haiti.

Two pentagon shaped craft flying low over palm trees on the island were ‘captured’ on film and the footage, posted on Youtube, and have triggered speculation on the internet that a real UFO has been spotted.

Bu most are happy to dismiss the video as ‘fake’, saying the crafts have been ‘computer generated’, while others reckon the video is part of an advertising campaign.

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/article.html?in_article_id=61225&in_page_id=2

I’d assume it’s a marketing campaign, although I don’t know what for. Does anyone know?

Oh, here’s a short analysis of the video.
http://www.livevideo.com/video/Area51/1FFAC7DBD7204869B5A98A002945F333/dominican-republic-haiti-ufo.aspx

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 13 August 2007 07:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3763
Joined  2007-06-07

I’d say it’s definitely CGI, I mean the camera shots are too professional and the pans are too smooth to be real amateur footage. The similarities in the palm trees pointed out are also just too close to be coincidences.

I don’t think it’s for Halo 3 as others are saying though. The spacecraft in the video really don’t look like any of the craft in the Halo screenshots that have been released. Microsoft must be laughing though because even if it isn’t for Halo 3, they’re still getting free publicity out of it grin

My bet is still on viral marketing for a game. My flatmate is an avid gamer though and he seems to think that the footage is viral marketing for BlackSite Area 51 (which would make sense).

Signature 

Today is the day you worried about yesterday, and all is well…Except that the well is dry, the toilet is overflowing and a flock of meese just pooped in your back yard…

Posted: 13 August 2007 07:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15028
Joined  2006-08-16

Tobester posted some videos (YouTube) the other day here in Hoaxes.

Pretty cool but definitely fake.  I think it would be a little more widespread in the news if it was real.  Plus a few more eyewitness reports than ‘just’ a video of it.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 13 August 2007 07:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1318
Joined  2007-05-06

I was about to make a bunch of points but then I watched that second video and they pretty much cover them all.

This is clearly a hoax/viral marketing video/etc.

Signature 

So I can just type anything and it will show up here?

Posted: 13 August 2007 07:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17
Tah - 13 August 2007 11:19 PM

Tobester posted some videos (YouTube) the other day here in Hoaxes.

Ah, that’s what they were. I saw the post, but at the time my computer was being silly about showing videos, and I forgot to go back and try again.

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 13 August 2007 08:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  373
Joined  2004-04-20

There’s another analysis of it here: UFO videos.

Posted: 23 August 2007 05:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-06-07

COnfirmation and the name of the Author..

Also an interesting site in Web Scout…

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/newmedia/la-et-ufo22aug22,0,2266445.story

Signature 

Today is the day you worried about yesterday, and all is well…Except that the well is dry, the toilet is overflowing and a flock of meese just pooped in your back yard…

Posted: 23 August 2007 06:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

I haven’t read all the links that everyone has posted - just the ones Mouse gave - but I agree with Transfrmr that whatever it is, it’s not for Halo 3.

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 23 August 2007 06:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

Okay, maybe I should have read them before I opened my yap. I thought this thread was started just tonight. Guess I need to pay attention to the time stamps smile

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 23 August 2007 06:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-06-07
MadCarlotta - 23 August 2007 10:30 PM

Okay, maybe I should have read them before I opened my yap. I thought this thread was started just tonight. Guess I need to pay attention to the time stamps smile

LOL Nope, old thread. I just put in the new article that has the information about the author wink

Signature 

1 of 1