2 of 4
Man says hold the cheese, claims McDonald’s didn’t, sues for $10 million
Posted: 13 August 2007 07:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3763
Joined  2007-06-07

I agree that he should check, but I think that he probably didn’t on purpose out of frustration of that 30% of the time they get it wrong.  The lawyer’s quote makes me thing this too:

Signature 

Today is the day you worried about yesterday, and all is well…Except that the well is dry, the toilet is overflowing and a flock of meese just pooped in your back yard…

Posted: 13 August 2007 07:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1318
Joined  2007-05-06

I would possibly be inclined to agree about the hospital bills, but if this guy intentionally did this to sue, he deserves nothing.

Signature 

So I can just type anything and it will show up here?

Posted: 13 August 2007 07:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  22747
Joined  2006-03-29

But who is to decide if he did it intentionally?  Yes the judge would, but there would never be anyway to know for sure, unless the guy admits to it.  In that case he would need to be locked up in a padded room.

Signature 

Remember, remember… I am the ONE.

Posted: 13 August 2007 07:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-06-07

Yeah, that’s the hard part. He has witnesses (albeit biased witnesses) who say that he asked for it without cheese properly and they did put cheese on it. It’s next to impossible to prove that he did it on purpose unless they can prove that by someone he or his family may have talked to beforehand, during or after.

One thing I found strange is that the family called McDonalds to complain when he started having a reaction. Did they have the number with them? Did they take the time to look it up? If they had it with them, it shows a potential for premeditation because who the heck calls McDonalds, or has the number handy?. I don’t know about you guys either, but if someone I knew was alergic to cheese had just eaten some, I’d get them to a hospital first, and call to complain about it to the restaurant later. Not call the restaurant and then cut the call short when, surprise! surprise!, the alergic person starts having an alergic reaction to the alergen he ate…

Signature 

Today is the day you worried about yesterday, and all is well…Except that the well is dry, the toilet is overflowing and a flock of meese just pooped in your back yard…

Posted: 13 August 2007 10:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1318
Joined  2007-05-06
N E O - 13 August 2007 11:29 PM

But who is to decide if he did it intentionally?  Yes the judge would, but there would never be anyway to know for sure, unless the guy admits to it.  In that case he would need to be locked up in a padded room.

Just give me 15 minutes alone with the guy.

I kid!

I know that’s obviously the hard part. But, you never know what some lawyers could turn up.

Signature 

So I can just type anything and it will show up here?

Posted: 14 August 2007 08:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

If McDonalds did actually mess up the order, then they should certainly be held responsible for that part.  But $10 million responsible?

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 14 August 2007 10:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

Jason is lactose intolerant…and while it’s not debilitating, it can be rather uncomfortable.  He takes steps to ask for no cheese.  But I can’t recall a time when he has said, “I’m allergic to dairy, please use no cheese.”  He’ll just say, “No cheese.”

And then…of course, we get his food back WITH CHEESE.  B/c of Jason, I started checking all food orders before I sit down/drive away.  I would say that about 60% of the time, the order is incorrect.  Jason would actually rather just suffer through digestive discomfort than actually go back & have them make a NEW sandwich.  (B/c pulling the cheese off still leaves that gross residue.)

If I have a problem, I go inside, b/c typically you can see into the kitchen.  This way, I can at least have a presence…so they will be less likely to spit or something.  (Hopefully.)

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 14 August 2007 12:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5540
Joined  2007-03-14

Here is a list of the ingredients in the cheese they use on their stuff.  With all the processing that goes on I’m not sure how much of the original allery causing substances of milk there are left in it.

Processed Cheese Slice: Cheese (milk, modified milk ingredients, bacterial culture, salt, calcium chloride, microbial
enzyme, lipase), modified milk ingredients, water, sodium citrate and/or sodium phosphate, salt, potassium sorbate,
citric acid, colour, soy lecithin.

list of ingredients

Personally I hate the taste of the stuff which is why I never eat there.  This is going to be a hard one to prove because it’s a he said/they said kind of thing   And if the guy thinks that only one person in the restaurant heard the order he is probably wrong.  You can hear the speaker quite clearly inside even if your at the counter in most fast food joints.  If the restaurant screwed up then they pay, if not then he is liable for costs.  It does sound like a money grab though.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 14 August 2007 12:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  404
Joined  2006-07-31

I ask for no mayo on my sandwiches (I hate mayo and they put WAY too much on their food) and I always check before eating. Hell, I check my sandwiches even if they dont normally come with mayo (dont ask me why, cuz I have no clue why I do it). Sometimes I forget to ask for no mayo, but if there is mayo on it, I just wipe it off with a napkin. If this person was so allergic to cheese, why doesnt he check every sandwich before eating it? I know I would. While he did ask for no cheese, it is his responsibility to make sure that there wasnt cheese accidentally put on the sandwich. $10 million is way too much to ask for. It sounds like they want to get rich off his allergy.

Signature 

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste very good with ketchup.

Do not enter a battle of wits unarmed.

NEVER play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Posted: 14 August 2007 01:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-06-07
red_dragon_girl_69 - 14 August 2007 04:24 PM

I ask for no mayo on my sandwiches (I hate mayo and they put WAY too much on their food) and I always check before eating. Hell, I check my sandwiches even if they dont normally come with mayo (dont ask me why, cuz I have no clue why I do it). Sometimes I forget to ask for no mayo, but if there is mayo on it, I just wipe it off with a napkin. If this person was so allergic to cheese, why doesnt he check every sandwich before eating it? I know I would. While he did ask for no cheese, it is his responsibility to make sure that there wasnt cheese accidentally put on the sandwich. $10 million is way too much to ask for. It sounds like they want to get rich off his allergy.

It’s like the coffee deal. He’s asking for 10 million and they;‘re going to say that unles syou punish a company like McDonalds with a huge amount, they really don’t care and won’t change their ways. Looks like they’re also going for the “this is for everyone who has had this happen” aproach. Also, in many cases like this, the company will settle rather than letting it go to court, even if they think they will win. So by asking for 10 Million, they might be trying to set themselves up for a bigger settlement.

This kind of thing makes me sick. There should be a way for the government to sue people for frivolous lawsuits, or a corporate mediation process that avoids court alltogether when it really isn’t a legal issue.

Signature 

Posted: 14 August 2007 01:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7356
Joined  2005-06-23

The coffee deal was when they gave her coffee far too hot to drink without warning her and she got third degree burns all over her lady garden.

This guy’s just a dick.

Signature 

“We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.”
- Voltaire

2 of 4