1 of 2
Horrible Hoax Perpetrated On The Not Too Intelligent
Posted: 02 November 2005 10:08 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7682
Joined  2005-06-05

Situation updated further down the page!

First, this is a truly disturbing thing for someone to do however, you cant help but marvel at the sheer gullibility of the “victims”.

Second, this occurred in April of 2004 so I may be reposting but I searched MoH and found no relevant postings.

Hoax victim opposes plea deal
Teen strip-searched at Bullitt McDonald’s

By Andrew Wolfson
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
The Courier-Journal (Louisville, KY.)

A teenager (Ogborn) who was strip-searched in April 2004 at the Mount Washington McDonald’s where she worked is objecting to terms of the plea bargain struck for the man (Nix) who admitted sexually humiliating her.

Nix has claimed he was duped into humiliating Ogborn by a man who called the McDonald’s pretending to be a police officer investigating a theft. Nix was engaged at the time to the store’s assistant manager, Donna Jean Summers, who, at the behest of the caller, had taken away Ogborn’s clothes before calling Nix in to help watch the teen.

Nix has said the man on the phone ordered him to direct Ogborn to do exercises in the nude and perform oral sex on him. He said he also slapped her several times on the buttocks at the direction of the caller.

Ogborn, 19, who was forced to sodomize Nix as part of telephone hoax at the store on April 9, 2004. Ogborn was detained for nearly four hours in the hoax, which was one of 70 perpetrated in 32 states from 1995 through last year. A private prison guard, David N. Stewart, of Fountain, Fla., was charged in July 2004 with impersonating a police officer and soliciting sodomy in the Mount Washington case. He has pleaded not guilty and is set for trial Dec. 13.

This is just an excerpt from the article, to read it in its entirety, click link below
http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051102/NEWS01/511020455/1008

Signature 

FOLLANSBEE, WV; Having been alerted to the coming apocalypse at a recent church service, 6-year-old Julie Strand decided she needed to live for today and immediately stuck a peanut M & M up her left nostril.

Posted: 02 November 2005 10:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4243
Joined  2005-06-05

If I’d been the hoaxer I’d be so tempted to ring up Nix and Ogborn on the morning of the trial pretending to be a lawyer from the other team and say they didn’t have to come because my client “has dropped the case”/“has pleaded guilty”. I’m sure it’d really improve the Judge’s mood if neither of the principals showed up!
cheese

Posted: 02 November 2005 11:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26042
Joined  2004-11-08

Either this or something very similar was on the old forum.  I don’t remember the details so it may just be a copycat case.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 04 November 2005 05:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3174
Joined  2005-05-19

What kind of idiot would honestly believe that a police-officer would call you to request that you bugger an employee suspected of theft? I know it’s common in prison, but i’m sure the police don’t use it as a tool to gain a confession!

Signature 

“Never before in my time at the bar or on the bench have I ever had to deal with somebody who voluntarily allowed himself to be buggered by a dog on the public highway.”

Posted: 06 November 2005 09:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2005-08-30

Why assume the hoaxer here is the “man on the telephone”? It seems clear to me that the only “hoax” here is Nix’s claim that someone telephoned him in the first place.

If he had got the original plea bargain on the basis that he’d been fooled into ordering Ogborn to performing the things she did, surely that would only have proven the stupidity of the court.

Posted: 06 November 2005 10:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

...When I was a child I had gotten a bizarre telephone call from a man who said he was Dr. Soandso….(I don’t remember the name now).  He told me that my mother was supposed to bring me to the doctor soon, and he needed a urine sample…so I would have to undress and he would need to listen to me pee so he would know for sure the sample was mine.  He then told me that I would have to take off my pants first…

At first, it sounded like a serious call.  I was home alone (a neighbor across the street was watching my brothers, but my mom thought it would be okay if were home, since she knew I would have help nearby).  I did not tell the caller that my mom was not home, I said simply, “She’s not available, can I take a message?”  When he started talking to me about a doctor visit, I knew it couldn’t be real.  We couldn’t afford any non-emergency room visit.  When he got to the part about me taking off my pants I told him, “Sure, but I have to set the phone down to do it okay?”  I quietly set the phone down, and ran out of the house to the neighbor watching my brothers.

She got out the phone book straightaway and started looking for doctors names…no name in the phone book.  Then she called the police.  I’m not really sure what happened after that.  My mom tallked to me about it, about what was appropriate and inappropriate for another adult to talk to me about (which I already knew, otherwise I wouldn’t have been suspicious of the person on the line).

It was all really just…creepy and weird.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 06 November 2005 02:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  629
Joined  2005-01-18

Maybe there was no one on the phone… or maybe it was Ogborn’s friend.  Why did Nix even allow these things to be done to her?  Maybe Ogborn was literally mentally deficient.

Signature 

Soldier: This is the worst part. The calm before the battle.
Fry: And then the battle is not so bad?
Soldier: Oh, right. I forgot about the battle.

Posted: 08 November 2005 06:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

I’d like to see a transcript of that telephone call, so I could see what was said that convinced these people to go through with all that.  Both Nix and Ogborn seem to be excessively gullible.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 08 November 2005 10:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

...Maybe they were having an affair and this was the only way to keep any significant others from finding out what really happened.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 11 November 2005 11:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-05

Update:

I have found more details on this case and it seems that the person who made the phone call and impersonated a detective is also being tried in connection with this case and not only that but he is suspected of being involved in at least 69 similar incidents across 32 states!!!

The updated story can be found here
http://www.pioneernews.net/articles/2005/11/07/news/news02.txt

story is in an archive that expires in 14 days so I will also put content below

Judge refuses plea in phone hoax

By THOMAS BARR and ROBERT WHITE, Staff Writers Monday, November 7, 2005 9:57 AM CST
PioneerNews.Net

SHEPHERDSVILLE - After viewing the surveillance tapes, Bullitt Circuit Judge Thomas Waller had great reservations about accepting a proposed plea agreement in a phone hoax case.

And, after listening to testimony from the victim, Waller

Signature 

FOLLANSBEE, WV; Having been alerted to the coming apocalypse at a recent church service, 6-year-old Julie Strand decided she needed to live for today and immediately stuck a peanut M & M up her left nostril.

Posted: 03 February 2006 08:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-05

Update:
Man pleads guilty in McDonald

Signature 

Posted: 05 February 2006 05:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1313
Joined  2006-02-05

Geez, I can never find women that dumb.

Someone just the other day, I think it was Gene Hackman in ‘Crimson Tide’, said, ‘Girls are weird.  No matter how dumb you thnk they are, even the dumbest know that what the boys really want is to screw them.’

He’s right, you know, at least when talking about teen-aged boys.  Now, us older men, we have no idea what we want.

1 of 2