Seven riddles suggest a secret city beneath Tokyo
Posted: 31 July 2007 11:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1318
Joined  2007-05-06
Sharruma - 30 July 2007 10:56 PM

Sorry, misunderstood

There was a series of documentaries on that subject over here.
There are a lot in paris apparently and Edinbourough currently stands on
top of it’s medieval self

etc etc

Oh yeah! I saw a special on Edinbourough and it was cool.

Signature 

So I can just type anything and it will show up here?

Posted: 31 July 2007 11:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

Boo is going to have your heads for spelling Edinburgh wrong when she finally gets her laptop running again LOL

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 31 July 2007 04:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7356
Joined  2005-06-23
MadCarlotta - 31 July 2007 03:49 PM

Boo is going to have your heads for spelling Edinburgh wrong when she finally gets her laptop running again LOL

She won’t be happy!

Signature 

“We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.”
- Voltaire

Posted: 31 July 2007 06:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17

Neither am I…  mad

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 31 July 2007 06:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1826
Joined  2006-03-03

But the cat wearing a pirate hat in your avatar distracts from the fear you shall cause.

Signature 

I am the Malfunction!

Because dignity is overrated anyway cheese

Posted: 31 July 2007 06:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-23

UH-OH

THE EDINBUGGERS ARE ANNOYED

wink

Signature 

- Voltaire

Posted: 31 July 2007 06:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-17
Malfunctioned - 31 July 2007 10:17 PM

But the cat wearing a pirate hat in your avatar distracts from the fear you shall cause.

Dammit!

Renquist - 31 July 2007 10:17 PM

UH-OH

wink

Right, you’re in for a bollocking too!  mad

raspberry

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 31 July 2007 07:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-23
Madmouse - 31 July 2007 10:46 PM
Malfunctioned - 31 July 2007 10:17 PM

Dammit!

Renquist - 31 July 2007 10:17 PM

UH-OH

wink

Right, you’re in for a bollocking too!  mad

raspberry

Fine but bring Lego.

Signature 

- Voltaire

Posted: 31 July 2007 07:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-01-17
Renquist - 31 July 2007 11:33 PM

Fine but bring Lego.

Jeez, everything’s Lego with you! raspberry

Signature 

Research Mod

- The Watchtower

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 31 July 2007 08:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-23
Madmouse - 31 July 2007 11:42 PM
Renquist - 31 July 2007 11:33 PM

Fine but bring Lego.

Jeez, everything’s Lego with you! raspberry

If you don’t bring Lego, women or beer I’m not interested.

Signature 

- Voltaire

Posted: 31 July 2007 09:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Okay, I did a little checking and I can relate this story, because it’s all outdated now.  Yay!

Anyway, I was providing security for a nuclear weapons transfer to a secure bunker in Germany.  I went to check the inside of the bunker (it was a great big underground place, not some little pill-box) and was wandering around when I noticed a big rusty iron trap-door in the floor of the storage room.  Naturally I was a bit curious as to where it went, so I asked the guards.  They basically said, “Trapdoor?  What trapdoor?”, and when I pointed it out to them it turned out that they hadn’t ever really noticed it before.  So there was a considerable amount of checking with various people in charge, and it turned out that of the few people who actually had noticed the door, they each thought that somebody else had checked it out and taken care of things.

Right.

So, we very very carefully pried open the door and took a peek inside, and there was a nice shaft and ladder leading way down into a big tunnel.  It turned out that in WWII, the Germans had made a huge series of underground defensive structures and tunnel network under the whole city, and had just sealed it up when they abandoned it and everybody forgot about it.  I got to go down the tunnels and explore around to find out where they led to (which was great fun, since the Germans had a habit of leaving unfriendly little surprises in such places).  I ended up finding a second entrance to the place, which led up into the sub-basement of some guy’s house on the other side of town.  He didn’t know anything about it since it was covered over in old plaster, and was a bit startled to have a bunch of armed soldiers wander out of his cellar.

And this wasn’t just some little backwoods town, either, but an actual great big thriving city with a big tunnel network and all sorts of chambers and things under it.  So I can see why Tokyo might have a similar thing, especially considering that at the same time the Germans were building theirs Tokyo was being frequently fire-bombed.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

2 of 4