4 of 4
Why Jar Jar sucks
Posted: 13 July 2007 06:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2007-07-11

http://www.wookieepedia.com If you search there for darth maul, you can see his whole story, much more then you can see in the movie.

Signature 

have you ever danced with the devil in plae moonlight?

Posted: 13 July 2007 01:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8456
Joined  2006-02-28
Kathleen - 06 July 2007 10:22 PM

While I certainly never bought myself or anyone else I know a cute-and-cuddly Ewok doll, I kind of liked the contrast between their cute and cuddly appearance and their tendency to be warlike—the skulls and spears and everything. But I agree Wookies would have been even cooler.

I bought an ewok doll for a girlfriend back in the day….

...she hated it downer

Signature 

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. - John Lennon
You can twist perceptions, reality won’t budge. - Rush

Posted: 13 July 2007 02:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7356
Joined  2005-06-23
Accipiter - 06 July 2007 09:23 PM

Actually, I thought that The Phantom Menace wasn’t that bad, and was the best of the new three.  I felt it had more in common with the spirit of the original three, at least.  It had less of the glumness and dark melodrama about it that pervaded the next two.

“Meesa Jar Jar Binks”.

At that point the little Jedi in me died.

Ewoks were one thing. Episode one was a 2 hour toy commercial. And not even for good toys. Who gives a crap about pod races? Who knew Darth Vader was such a little shit?

I lost all respect for Vader after that film. So much respect destroyed like the Death Star.

downer

Signature 

“We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.”
- Voltaire

Posted: 13 July 2007 02:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02
Ares - 13 July 2007 10:46 AM

http://www.wookieepedia.com If you search there for darth maul, you can see his whole story, much more then you can see in the movie.

Yes, but apparently Darth Vader is displeased with the entry, shields have been activated due to attacks on the page and Princess Leia is imploring for help with citations to verify the story…

...and that’s about all I got before the page crashed my brower downer

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 13 July 2007 02:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-23
MadCarlotta - 13 July 2007 06:07 PM
Ares - 13 July 2007 10:46 AM

Yes, but apparently Darth Vader is displeased with the entry, shields have been activated due to attacks on the page and Princess Leia is imploring for help with citations to verify the story…

...and that’s about all I got before the page crashed my brower downer

When I was on that page I sensed a presence…a presence I’ve not felt since…

It was undoubtedly the presence of bullshit. Yes, I felt nothing but pure bollocks on that page tongue wink

Signature 

- Voltaire

Posted: 13 July 2007 02:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26044
Joined  2004-11-08

Of course since none of that information was in the movies it’s not canon.  And canon is what it’s all about, baby.  raspberry

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 13 July 2007 02:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-02

Well, I got a little more of the page to load and got as far as Darth Maul going off hunting for a lollipop or something before it crashed me again.

I swear that’s what it said, I definately saw the word “lollipop”

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 13 July 2007 05:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2007-07-11

weird it didn’t happend with me. This is al the info waht wasn’t in the films but its al true ( in a story kind of way)

Signature 

have you ever danced with the devil in plae moonlight?

Posted: 13 July 2007 05:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-02
Ares - 13 July 2007 09:15 PM

weird it didn’t happend with me. This is al the info waht wasn’t in the films but its al true ( in a story kind of way)

I have similar issues with other pages too now and then. The problem seems to come and go, so I’m not sure if it’s a network problem or the fact that my computer is getting a bit outdated. I’m going to try the site again tomorrow to see if it loads better. I hope it does because it’s a really cool site smile

Thank you for the link to it.

Signature 

Posted: 13 July 2007 05:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-23
MadCarlotta - 13 July 2007 06:48 PM

Well, I got a little more of the page to load and got as far as Darth Maul going off hunting for a lollipop or something before it crashed me again.

I swear that’s what it said, I definately saw the word “lollipop”

Didn’t you know? In the AA Milne Star Wars stories (non-canon) he’s just looking for a lollipop when Qui Gon and Obi Wan meet him and fight. Then they all find lollipops and go to see Yoda for some hunny.

Signature 

- Voltaire

4 of 4