1 of 2
FBI releasing information on the assassination of JFK in 2029??? Opinions?
Posted: 05 July 2007 04:23 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2007-07-05

I read about the year 2029 on wikipedia, and it says in Febuary, 2029, the FBI will release the top secret information about John Kenndys assassination.  downer  I doubt they will actually do it, anyone else have an opinion?

Signature 

I’m 48% sane!

Posted: 05 July 2007 04:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3214
Joined  2007-05-18

Who does Wiki cite as the source for this promise?

Posted: 05 July 2007 04:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-07-05
Kathleen - 05 July 2007 08:28 PM

Well, that’s a good point… “The free encyclopedia that anyone can edit”... Heh. My friend adds a craploads of false information to wikipedia…
          But what is your opinion?

Signature 

I’m 48% sane!

Posted: 05 July 2007 04:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3214
Joined  2007-05-18

If the FBI made such a promise, why not? I don’t really see the point in its making the promise unless it had some intention of either keeping it or pretending to keep it. Why else bother making the promise? Anyway, it’s released formerly sensitive data before.

If it didn’t make the promise, presumably it won’t release the data. It doesn’t usually release data unless it has to, does it?

I would think that sooner or later, the FOIA would kick in, but I must admit that I am not an expert in FOIA practices. That’s one of those things—really—that I’ve often told myself that I need to bone up on.

Posted: 05 July 2007 05:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  85
Joined  2005-12-16

I thought the Warren Commision files were to be sealed unto 2039 (75 years from the date of the report).

Posted: 05 July 2007 05:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-07-05
mmarvi - 05 July 2007 09:22 PM

I thought the Warren Commision files were to be sealed unto 2039 (75 years from the date of the report).

Eh, I dunno. I read the article three days ago…

Signature 

I’m 48% sane!

Posted: 05 July 2007 06:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26043
Joined  2004-11-08

Assuming that’s the date where the information would be required to be made available publicly… well, so what?  It’s not like anyone is going to actually believe the reports anyway.  Regardless of what information the files contain the conspiracy theorists will pick out the info they want and disregard the rest.  It won’t actually change what anybody believes, it will just change the arguments being made for and against those beliefs.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 06 July 2007 12:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1313
Joined  2006-02-05

Well, I still remember the day he was shot, exactly where I was, all that stuff, as does just about everyone at the time.

And I do not believe much of the Warren Commission’s findings.

But an expert on the assasination, on the radio just a few weeks ago, explained that the archives that will be released, which will be 75 years after the Commission reached its findings. what is contained in the records to be released is nothing more than undercover sources, techniques used by the investigators, secret contacts, that sort of thing.

It is sure looking a lot like a rogue element of the CIA, along with the complicity of LBJ were the true assasins.

Many facts in the new CIA revelations confirm the story of E. Howard Hunt’s son, who said his father was involved, Mr. Hunt was on the White House Staff of Richard Nixon, a former CIA operative, and apears to have been in Daly Plaza that day, in a photo, posing as a vagrant.

And the agent who inspired it all was the husband of a woman JFK had been having a long-term affair with.

JFK, for those who do not know, slept with just about every female on the planet at the time.

The agent was quite upset, obvioulsy.

Anyway, that is the supposed contents!

Dan, the investigative reporter

Posted: 06 July 2007 07:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5150
Joined  2005-01-27
Edward Elric - 05 July 2007 08:32 PM
Kathleen - 05 July 2007 08:28 PM

Well, that’s a good point… “The free encyclopedia that anyone can edit”... Heh. My friend adds a craploads of false information to wikipedia…
          But what is your opinion?

About your friend?

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of´╗┐ our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 06 July 2007 08:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-07-05

[quote author=“Beasjt

Signature 

I’m 48% sane!

Posted: 06 July 2007 12:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7356
Joined  2005-06-23

My opinion of the JFK file: It won’t tell the truth. Not remotely. And if it did no conspiracy theorist would believe it.

My opinion of your friend: Immature, childish, bit of a prick. Editing Wikipedia like that is about as nice as bathing in napalm.

Signature 

“We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.”
- Voltaire

Posted: 06 July 2007 03:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1313
Joined  2006-02-05

When the Warren Commission issued its highly respected totally believable report, it also announced that some records would be sealed for 75 years.

I do not know what the Wiki states, but them is the facts, Ma’m.

Dan, citing his memory, which is pretty stupid in itself

1 of 2