One of the amazing things you can do with PS or any image editing programs

The Make Over

Signature 

i was born to die

Posted: 29 June 2007 04:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  88
Joined  2006-01-19

I think she was prettier before they edited the photo, she looked more real ... although she was even pretty before they covered her in makeup.

Posted: 29 June 2007 06:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  366
Joined  2006-09-28

I like how people are starting to fight the “virtual beauty” image.  Hopefully, one day, all these stupid “makeover” and “plastic surgery shows” will fade off the air where they can’t bother me anymore.

Signature 

“Go ahead, threaten me like you have the American people for so long! You’re part of a dying breed, like people who can name all fifty states! The truth hurts, doesn’t it? Oh sure, maybe not as much as landing on a bicycle with the seat missing, but it hurts!”

Posted: 30 June 2007 11:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4243
Joined  2005-06-05

Okay, she was pretty to start with.

The make-up did seem to make a difference to start with though and about half-way through the make-over (in slow-mo) I thought she really did look like a ‘natural-beauty’ (how ironic).

Then the second half of the make-over over did it and she looked beautiful (undoubtedly), but it became more obviously artificial. She began to look more “made up to be beautiful”, less beautiful in herself.

Then the retouchers went to town and did all the standard psych tricks (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superstimulus) of larger eyes, slenderer necks, etc. and turned her into a doll. If you want to talk about objectifying women, making every model look like a flawless - and characterless - clone fresh out of the mould is probably a good place to start.

I’m sure it sells a lot of perfume/cosmetics/whatever but if even the model who was photographed can’t match the image in the adverts, what’s the point? More importantly, why isn’t this false advertising?

[Edit: stupid autocorrect function thinks there’s a ‘u’ in mould!]
[Edit-edit: Ga-a-ah!]

Posted: 30 June 2007 11:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  366
Joined  2006-09-28
David B. - 30 June 2007 03:01 PM

I’m sure it sells a lot of perfume/cosmetics/whatever but if even the model who was photographed can’t match the image in the adverts, what’s the point? More importantly, why isn’t this false advertising?

I don’t understand what the government defines as “false advertising”, because, you’re right.  This IS false advertising.  And so is half (Okay, maybe all) political adds.

Signature 

“Go ahead, threaten me like you have the American people for so long! You’re part of a dying breed, like people who can name all fifty states! The truth hurts, doesn’t it? Oh sure, maybe not as much as landing on a bicycle with the seat missing, but it hurts!”

Posted: 30 June 2007 05:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1581
Joined  2004-11-10

Wasn’t this already posted on the forum once before??  Or am I just crazy?

Signature 

Fads they come and fads they go, but god I love that Rock & Roll!
-Modest Mouse

Posted: 30 June 2007 05:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
Razela - 30 June 2007 09:02 PM

Wasn’t this already posted on the forum once before??

There was something of a similar nature before, although I can’t find it and I can’t watch this current one to see just how similar it is.  (Yeah, I know, I’m a big help. . .)

EDIT:  Ah, wait, here’s at least one thing that sounds to be related.

Or am I just crazy?

I’ll reserve judgment on that.  wink

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 30 June 2007 05:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

I’m positive it was posted here somewhere too, but I can’t find it either LOL

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 30 June 2007 05:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1581
Joined  2004-11-10

Yah, that’s it Acci.  The exact same video.  I knew I’d seen it before.

Signature 

Fads they come and fads they go, but god I love that Rock & Roll!
-Modest Mouse

Posted: 02 July 2007 08:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1318
Joined  2007-05-06
Dily - 29 June 2007 10:09 PM

Hopefully, one day, all these stupid “makeover” and “plastic surgery shows” will fade off the air where they can’t bother me anymore.

You may not realize this, but you have the power to do this yourself. It’s called the “Channel Up” and “Channel Down” buttons. In extreme situations, the “Power” button will also suffice.

Why is it false advertising, David? If they put a fake person on their ad, it’s hardly false advertisement at all. Unless they specifically show a real before and a fake after picture and then specifically state “Our product alone caused her to look like the after photo” then they have committed no act of false advertisement.

It’s just like all these weight loss products that have people take their product and then clearly state (in the fine print) “This person lost 45 pounds using our system and a routine of diet and exercise.”.

Signature 

So I can just type anything and it will show up here?

Posted: 02 July 2007 08:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7356
Joined  2005-06-23
Stargazer - 03 July 2007 12:08 AM
Dily - 29 June 2007 10:09 PM

Hopefully, one day, all these stupid “makeover” and “plastic surgery shows” will fade off the air where they can’t bother me anymore.

You may not realize this, but you have the power to do this yourself. It’s called the “Channel Up” and “Channel Down” buttons. In extreme situations, the “Power” button will also suffice.

Why is it false advertising, David? If they put a fake person on their ad, it’s hardly false advertisement at all. Unless they specifically show a real before and a fake after picture and then specifically state “Our product alone caused her to look like the after photo” then they have committed no act of false advertisement.

It’s just like all these weight loss products that have people take their product and then clearly state (in the fine print) “This person lost 45 pounds using our system and a routine of diet and exercise.”.

Unless they specifically claim that their product, and their product alone, is responsible for the girl looking like that, there’s no false advertising.

Signature 

“We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.”
- Voltaire

Posted: 02 July 2007 08:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1318
Joined  2007-05-06
Renquist - 03 July 2007 12:38 AM

Unless they specifically claim that their product, and their product alone, is responsible for the girl looking like that, there’s no false advertising.

Yes…that’s what I said.  Was I unclear?  Sometimes I have a problem with that. I apologize if I made it look like I was saying something else, but yes, that’s what I was saying.

Signature 

So I can just type anything and it will show up here?

1 of 2

‹‹ Peeps For Passover      World tallest man ››