2 of 2
“You can die of a broken heart!” say doctors.
Posted: 28 June 2007 12:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2343
Joined  2007-06-22
Stargazer - 28 June 2007 04:16 PM
VANS_Shoe_Of_Choice - 28 June 2007 04:14 PM

Ha ha, stonage not needed smile

I’ll admit, I get stressed over things that most men wouldn’t, simply because I belong to the female gender.
Women tend to take things slightly more personal then men, so when you have personal, job, and health-related stress, that tends to add up.

Basically what it said was not all that surprising. Women can handle the same workload as men (as we all argue). However, when they do, they tend to exercise far less, smoke more, and eat worse foods. Men, on the other hand, tend to not change their exercise, eating, or smoking habits when work gets stressful and somtimes will do the opposite. (IE: Work out more to vent stress. Eat less to get more done. etc.)

Well put.

Signature 

“Suddenly, there was a terrible roar all around us, and the sky was full with what looked like huge bats, all swooping and screeching and diving around the car, and a voice was screaming: Holy Jesus, what are these goddamn animals?!”

Posted: 28 June 2007 01:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

‘Scared to death’ is also more than just a statement too. 

Broken heart deaths also occur not just because of a particular date, but because of the loss of an extreme love and this has been known to happen to elderly couples who lose their spouse.  After a very short period of time following that spouse’s death, the other follows. 

Your brain’s perception of such events causes very real physical changes to the body.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 28 June 2007 02:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
VANS_Shoe_Of_Choice - 28 June 2007 04:07 PM

By that statement, I would imagine that this type of thing would happen more to women then men.
This may be a stereotype, bbuuuttttt…

Women do tend to remember anniversaries a lot more than men do.
At least in my experience, they do.
Therefore, with the common rememberances of these things, women would be more stressed, and this stress—added to poor heart conditions, other health issues, etc.—could cause this “Death by Broken Heart” thing.

On the other hand, the men would always have that nagging “Is today that day?  Have I forgotten?” feeling going on in the backs of their minds, thus adding to their stress levels and making them more likely to keel over from cardiac arrest at any further bit of stress.  wink

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 28 June 2007 02:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2343
Joined  2007-06-22

Well, ‘tis their own fault for not writing things down, like us women wink

Signature 

“Suddenly, there was a terrible roar all around us, and the sky was full with what looked like huge bats, all swooping and screeching and diving around the car, and a voice was screaming: Holy Jesus, what are these goddamn animals?!”

Posted: 28 June 2007 02:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Sorry, but I forgot to write down where the pencil and list are.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 28 June 2007 03:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2065
Joined  2005-12-05

My paternal grandfather died just three months after my grandmother.  I was only in first grade at the time.  They lived about an hour and a half away in Lawrenceburg, so I didn’t see them often, but I remember our last visit to my grandfather.  Even at that young age I knew he was deeply sad (depressed).  My father wanted prepare him a can of soup and my grandfather told him that he wasn’t hungry.  He died later that week of a heart attack I believe.  There was no warning.

He and my grandmother had nine sons together.

Signature 

Space…..it seems to go on and on forever, but then you get to the end and the gorrilla starts throwing barrels at you. - Phlip J. Fry

Posted: 28 June 2007 08:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5545
Joined  2007-03-14
VANS_Shoe_Of_Choice - 28 June 2007 06:22 PM

Well, ‘tis their own fault for not writing things down, like us women wink

Isn’t that why we have women around?  To remind us of things like that??  tongue laugh

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 28 June 2007 08:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15031
Joined  2006-08-16

I’m actually much better at remembering dates and special occasions than my wife is. smile

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 28 June 2007 08:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5545
Joined  2007-03-14

I’m not.    Probably why I have an ex-wife….

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

2 of 2