2 of 2
Herman Munster’s Identity Stolen
Posted: 21 June 2007 11:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2065
Joined  2005-12-05

I was processing a medical claim once, and the patient’s name was Morticia (she was born in the 60s about the time the show aired).  I can’t believe somebody didn’t bother to tell her parents the root meaning of the name.

Signature 

Space…..it seems to go on and on forever, but then you get to the end and the gorrilla starts throwing barrels at you. - Phlip J. Fry

Posted: 22 June 2007 12:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1624
Joined  2006-05-20
Charybdis - 21 June 2007 07:17 PM

When creating databases with customer names the Munsters are always on the list.  The one time I set something up for addresses I used their address as well since it was the only fictional one I could remember.  How oddly coincidental.

I suspect it isn’t coincidental.  After reading that other people use it as sort of “lorem ipsum” text in working with forms and databases, I think someone probably phished it from just such a sample.

Signature 

The truth may be out there, but lies are inside your head.

—Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

[color=green]“That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way.”

Posted: 22 June 2007 12:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1624
Joined  2006-05-20
Accipiter - 21 June 2007 07:19 PM

I’ve used the address, too, when filling in forms sometimes.  I suppose it’s probably one of the most famous and most-used fictional addresses around.

OK—trivia question: without googling it, can you name the municipality where 1313 Mockingbird Lane was located?

I can’t. . . .but I think it was Something Heights.

Signature 

The truth may be out there, but lies are inside your head.

—Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

[color=green]“That is a very graphic analogy which aids understanding wonderfully while being, strictly speaking, wrong in every possible way.”

Posted: 22 June 2007 06:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5151
Joined  2005-01-27

Is this what you would call a munstrious crime?

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of´╗┐ our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

2 of 2