1 of 2
Traffic laws are God’s laws!
Posted: 07 June 2007 11:53 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  383
Joined  2006-08-21

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/1120AP_ODD_Sinful_Speeding.html?source=mypi

CEDAR CITY, Utah—Speeding may not be in the Bible. But a Church of Christ minister says traffic laws are God’s laws and must be enforced. Police have received complaints about Alfred Pehl jumping in front of fast cars in his neighborhood, sticking brooms in their way and backing his own car in front of other drivers.

He denies the allegations but was ticketed this week for disorderly conduct.

“We appreciate citizens getting involved in stuff, but they can’t take it to the extreme,” Cedar City police Sgt. Jerry Womack.

Pehl said people who complain about him and deny they are speeders are sinners.

“If we don’t obey the law of the land, then God will hold us accountable. The laws here in this land are His laws, not man’s laws,” the minister said.

Signature 

Three out of four, that aint half bad…

Posted: 07 June 2007 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7356
Joined  2005-06-23

What an ass. I suppose God wrote the constitution aswell? And that the Scotland Act 1998 is in fact 200 new commandments? Maybe we should strictly obey the Declaration of Arbroath.

“When you talk to God, it’s religion. When God talks to you, it’s psychosis.”- Dr. House

Signature 

“We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.”
- Voltaire

Posted: 07 June 2007 01:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

Well…Render unto Caesar!  It actually does say in the bible that you’re supposed to do stuff like pay taxes & all that…so why not obey the speed limit, too?

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 07 June 2007 01:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  4243
Joined  2005-06-05

Romans 13:1-3:
“Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you.”

Posted: 07 June 2007 01:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  383
Joined  2006-08-21

I like these guys

Signature 

Three out of four, that aint half bad…

Posted: 07 June 2007 01:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-05

Or in Latin (Vulgate Bible):
“OMNIS ANIMA POTESTATIBUS SUBLIMIORIBUS SUBDITA SIT NON EST ENIM POTESTAS NISI A DEO QUAE AUTEM SUNT A DEO ORDINATAE SUNT. ITAQUE QUI RESISTIT POTESTATI DEI ORDINATIONI RESISTIT QUI AUTEM RESISTUNT IPSI SIBI DAMNATIONEM ADQUIRUNT. NAM PRINCIPES NON SUNT TIMORI BONI OPERIS SED MALI VIS AUTEM NON TIMERE POTESTATEM BONUM FAC ET HABEBIS LAUDEM EX ILLA.”

Posted: 07 June 2007 01:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5149
Joined  2005-01-27

First schism in reli traffic laws: left vs right hand driving.

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 07 June 2007 01:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-05
Slender Loris - 07 June 2007 05:41 PM

I like these guys vv
[quote author=“Wikipedia”]Christian anarchism is a synthesis of anarchist theory with Christian theology. It may be summarized as a belief that the only source of authority to which humans are ultimately answerable is God, as embodied in the teachings of the Bible.

Yeah, ‘cuz that Romans 13 jive is, like totally ambiguous man!

Posted: 07 June 2007 02:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7356
Joined  2005-06-23
David B. - 07 June 2007 05:38 PM

Romans 13:1-3:
“Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you.”

In essence that’s really no more than an argument for the Divine Right of Kings. At that time ‘Authorities’ meant ‘Monarchy’ so it’s really just a way of saying that the King is appointed by God, which has been long abandonned. The current situation is totally different with us, the common man, governing ourselves, so I’d take that bit with a pinch of salt.

‘Rulers hold no terror for those who do right’? Aye, right. That’s a load of rubbish that is tongue wink This bit was probably put in to encourage slavish devotion to the King.

Signature 

“We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.”
- Voltaire

Posted: 07 June 2007 04:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

But we still have governing authorities.  Kings & Queens, Presidents, Prime Ministers…All governing, yes?

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

Posted: 07 June 2007 04:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5149
Joined  2005-01-27
Maegan - 07 June 2007 08:01 PM

But we still have governing authorities.  Kings & Queens, Presidents, Prime Ministers…All governing, yes?

We let them think they do.

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 07 June 2007 04:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26041
Joined  2004-11-08

Why are all laws God’s laws?  Is he just taking credit for the hard work of others?

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

1 of 2