RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5545
Joined  2007-03-14

Monster Pig farm-raised, not wild

The Associated Press

Published on: 06/01/07

FRUITHURST, Ala.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 02 June 2007 02:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

So he’s not fake, in that he really is a half-ton hog.  It’s just his background isn’t all that was claimed.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 02 June 2007 03:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15032
Joined  2006-08-16

My thoughts exactly, Acci.

And I hope you sent that link to Alex, gray.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 02 June 2007 02:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7356
Joined  2005-06-23

Nothing is ever as it seems, is it? tongue wink

Signature 

“We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.”
- Voltaire

Posted: 03 June 2007 11:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-06-03

[My first post on the forum, been reading the religion threads for a while though, great stuff wink]

Anyway, i’ve been reading about this “Monster Pig” and it seems to me like it’s probably faked or at least highly edited.

Just a few points to make after reading some sites about the issue:
- The NBC Today Show cancelled their interview with the family at the last minute.
- There seems to be no video, just highly compressed small images (possibly an attempt to cover-up image manipulation). They called in heavy machinery and cut down trees but they couldn’t get someone to bring a video camera?
- The dead animal was ‘chopped up’ so quickly without independent analysis.
- The pictures provided by monsterpig.com - the ‘official’ site - seem to contradict eachother, see below site.

http://www.sandpointgallery.com/pig
http://66.226.75.96/pig/

I’d like to hear some more thoughts on this.

Posted: 03 June 2007 03:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1313
Joined  2006-02-05

Well, here comes another diatribe from Dan.

The pig was basically someone’s pet, according to the paper and other postings on this thread.

So, that means, while that jerk-off kid who shot the pig aimed his penile-symbol pistol, the trusting animal probably was walking up to him to say ‘Hi!’.

Hunters!

There is no form of life lower than them, as far as I am concerned.  Some ‘sport’!

There is no such thing as ‘Sport Hunting’.  The term ‘sport’ implies that either side might win, and, in turn, the other lose.  Anyone ever hear of an animal shooting the hunter?  Me neither.  Not very sporting at all.

Support your right to arm bears!

What sport is there in aiming a 50 caliber pistol at a trusting animal who does not even know he is being hunted?  What a manly act!  He should be ashamed of himself!

And no, I am not a pacifist, I served in the USMC for 4 years, including a year in Viet Nam (carrying boxes of boots).  We went on patrol at night, got rocketed at night, and yes I shot at people, no problem, at least they knew I was tring to kill them, and I knew they wanted to do the same, so it was at least fair.

Show me a hunter, and I will show you a male whose psyche is warped by the feeling deep inside that their penis is too short.  Probably tiny in girth, too, like a child’s crayola, a white one

Dan, venting

Posted: 03 June 2007 04:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5150
Joined  2005-01-27

We only shoot rabbits here when there is another bout of myxomatosis.
Help them from suffering and keeping the disease under control.

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of´╗┐ our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 04 June 2007 03:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-06-03

I agree with most of what you said, Dan.
But do you think, after checking the site I showed a link to a few posts up, the images were manipulated/staged?

Let’s try to leave alone the fact that it was a ‘canned hunt’, because that is proven already.

Another thing I was looking at in the pics, there doesn’t seem to be many visible bullet holes. I think the story was that he shot 16 bullets, and hit with 12, from a .50 revolver (BTW, that’s good accuracy for an 11yr old - firing a hand cannon - running through the woods for 3 hours, right?). I don’t have much knowledge of guns/hunting so my question about that is: would the bullets make fairly big holes in the pig since they came from a .50? Just a thought from someone who doesn’t know about these things wink

Posted: 04 June 2007 04:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
Crunchyz - 04 June 2007 07:51 AM

would the bullets make fairly big holes in the pig since they came from a .50? Just a thought from someone who doesn’t know about these things wink

The entry wounds probably wouldn’t.  They often close up a bit, even.  And there might not be any exit wounds.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 04 June 2007 11:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7356
Joined  2005-06-23

[quote author=“Beasjt

Signature 

“We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.”
- Voltaire

Posted: 04 June 2007 11:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-06-04

I don’t know whether the hog was fake or not , but I really liked the posting on http://www.zoobat.com/?p=124. It has a totally new slant on the whole incident. I kinda even agree with it.

Posted: 04 June 2007 12:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08

And here are some photos to prove there was some sort of photo editing done.

Image Attachments
boarfix.jpg
 Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

1 of 3