2 of 2
As seen on eBay…
Posted: 18 October 2005 11:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3174
Joined  2005-05-19

Has anyone else got the point where they’re thinking: “Have we not pursued this thread a little too far?”

Or is it just me?

Signature 

“Never before in my time at the bar or on the bench have I ever had to deal with somebody who voluntarily allowed himself to be buggered by a dog on the public highway.”

Posted: 18 October 2005 02:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5071
Joined  2005-03-16

Guys are sqeamish about such things, I think. (Most, anyway. LOL)

Posted: 18 October 2005 02:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26041
Joined  2004-11-08

I’m not squeamish.  Just strange.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 19 October 2005 07:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  6453
Joined  2004-11-08
Boo - 18 October 2005 03:13 PM
Winona - 18 October 2005 03:04 PM
I am an ex associate - 18 October 2005 01:59 AM

I dont know about the Uk but here in the US these things are plastic anymore.  use once throw away.  this thing is proably used and ancient

Having…ahem… seen one recently at my doctor’s office, I will say that here at least, they still tend to use the metal ones. Luckily nowadays they do tend to warm them up first, which is great. That wouldn’t be an issue with plastic disposable ones but…

Having the plastic ones seem pretty silly to me, they couldn’t be all that great for the job they do unless they were made of heavier plastic, which then brings up the needless disposal of zillions of pounds of excess plastics into landfills. I trust sterilization.

Agreed. I’ve only ever… um… seen metal ones too.

If you’ve ever been pregnant…you’ve seen your fair share of specula.  And fluids stick to a metal one better, so a sterile swab can be taken if need be.  When I was a teen, I read in a women’s magazine how to give yourself a self exam to check for ...whatever.  (I was so disturbed by the illustrations…I can’t think now, what the magazine was, or even what the whole content was.)

I seriously doubt your personal OB/GYN is going to be buying these things off the internet.

Signature 

I’m loving the puppies.

2 of 2