Dutch Reality Show: Win This Person
Posted: 03 June 2007 03:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1581
Joined  2004-11-10
Crunchyz - 03 June 2007 05:32 PM
Slender Loris - 03 June 2007 04:58 PM

Do you think you can donate your body to a necrophiliac?

Ouch… but on that topic (well, almost) I have seen on TV shows about a place in either Kentucky or Tennesee called a body farm or something like that. You can donate your whole body to them, and they’ll use it to train crime scene investigator students. Some of the things they could do with your body include burying you in a shallow grave, or leaving you above ground in the woods for while (they like to study varying stages of decomp.), set you up as a murder victim in a prop house, etc… so if you want someone messing around with you after you’re dead and you can’t find a necro, give them a call at the body farm wink

That is so cool!! I want my body to do that!!

Signature 

Fads they come and fads they go, but god I love that Rock & Roll!
-Modest Mouse

Posted: 03 June 2007 04:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5152
Joined  2005-01-27

The Body Farm in Texas is on hold due to birds:

http://www.physorg.com/news98112137.html

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of´╗┐ our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 03 June 2007 04:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  383
Joined  2006-08-21

This could be cool too

Signature 

Three out of four, that aint half bad…

Posted: 03 June 2007 05:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17

Here’s the website of the one in Tennessee.

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 03 June 2007 07:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-10
Slender Loris - 03 June 2007 08:27 PM

This could be cool too

I kind of wanted to go to that in San Diego, but I think it wasn’t open yet.

Signature 

-Modest Mouse

Posted: 03 June 2007 10:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  383
Joined  2006-08-21

I think San Diego just opened it up, I hear a lot of radio ads for it now.

I wanted to see it in Minneapolis a couple years back, but it was too expensive.

Signature 

Three out of four, that aint half bad…

Posted: 03 June 2007 10:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2368
Joined  2007-02-06

What ever happened to a Donar Card and a waiting list?  cool mad

Signature 

Posted: 03 June 2007 10:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-11-10
Slender Loris - 04 June 2007 02:18 AM

I think San Diego just opened it up, I hear a lot of radio ads for it now.

I wanted to see it in Minneapolis a couple years back, but it was too expensive.

Yah, I heard them talking about it on the radio, but I think it opened up either right before or after I moved.  Otherwise I would have asked you to go with me.

Signature 

-Modest Mouse

Posted: 04 June 2007 12:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

Well, whatever you end up doing, Razela, don’t be in any hurry to be getting into the situation where your body parts are available for donation.

I’ve thought a few times over the differences between donating your organs to various individuals who need them, or else donating your body to something like a medical school for students to practice on.  In the former case, your organs may help save a few people’s lives, or at least let them live a bit longer.  But in the latter case, you’re helping future doctors learn how to do their jobs.  It’s one of those cases where both ideas have their merits, but you can really only do one or the other.

Or I could just have my body thrown into a peat bog, to be dug up much to the horror of some Boy Scouts or whomever a thousand years in the future.  grin

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 04 June 2007 12:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15033
Joined  2006-08-16
Accipiter - 04 June 2007 04:17 AM

I’ve thought a few times over the differences between donating your organs to various individuals who need them, or else donating your body to something like a medical school for students to practice on.  In the former case, your organs may help save a few people’s lives, or at least let them live a bit longer.  But in the latter case, you’re helping future doctors learn how to do their jobs.  It’s one of those cases where both ideas have their merits, but you can really only do one or the other.

Just make sure you let your family know what you want done.  And you should be able to set up for either occurrence.  There are some situations where organ donation is not feasible.  (Body found after you’ve died - there’s a set time you can be dead before you organs are not good anymore for transplant.  Cancer can make you non-donatable.  Especially if it is wide spread.)  In those types of situations having your body donated to science/medical research or training is a good option if you don’t mind it.

And Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers is apparently a very interesting book.  My wife has read it and enjoyed it (as much as you can say you enjoy something like that, I suppose).  I will read it one of these days, but my current reading back log is quite long.

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

4 of 4