1 of 3
U.S. Military Drafted Plans to Terrorize U.S. Cities to Provoke War With Cuba
Posted: 30 May 2007 06:38 AM   [ Ignore ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5150
Joined  2005-01-27

In the early 1960s, America’s top military leaders reportedly drafted plans to kill innocent people and commit acts of terrorism in U.S. cities to create public support for a war against Cuba.

Code named Operation Northwoods, the plans reportedly included the possible assassination of Cuban

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 30 May 2007 08:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7356
Joined  2005-06-23

Not remotely surprised.

This is why the US is terrible at intelligence. MI6 doesn’t come up with such garish plans and if they did they certainly wouldn’t have let it get out tongue wink

Signature 

“We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.”
- Voltaire

Posted: 30 May 2007 08:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-27

They are warming up in Brittain:

“Calls grow for public inquiry into 7/7 bombs”

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 30 May 2007 08:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-23

Hey that’s London for you. tongue wink

The reason MI6 can’t infiltrate Islamic terrorists is because their Eton- educated gentleman spies tend to stick out in al Quaeda cells.

Signature 

- Voltaire

Posted: 30 May 2007 08:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-27

“United” Kingdom then.

The reason MI6 can

Signature 

Trust me.

Posted: 30 May 2007 09:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

As I mentioned in the thread about Marilyn Monroe, the 60’s era (in the U.S anyway), was a vicious time.  I didn’t come home here until the late 60’s so I didn’t know about a lot of the things that occurred or were even happening at the time I arrived and was more concerned about events in Europe. 

I think that was one of the reasons, after finally realizing all the things my OWN country was doing and had done, that I was woefully disappointed in the ideal it had and still does for many, stand for.

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 30 May 2007 09:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

The plans had the written approval of all of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and were presented to President Kennedy’s defense secretary, Robert McNamara, in March 1962. But they apparently were rejected by the civilian leadership and have gone undisclosed for nearly 40 years.

Ummm, no.  One paragraph of Operation Northwoods was provisionally accepted for future consideration by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, a paragraph that involved shooting down an unmanned drone and saying that the Cubans did it.  All the rest of the stuff in the document they rejected.  Nor were these plans drafted by the “top military leaders”.  Reviewed by them, yes.  But not drafted by them.  The plans were written by analysts sitting in their little cubicles.

It looks as though the JCS aren’t the only ones trying to use scare tactics on the public. . .

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 30 May 2007 09:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-23
Accipiter - 30 May 2007 01:29 PM

The plans had the written approval of all of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and were presented to President Kennedy’s defense secretary, Robert McNamara, in March 1962. But they apparently were rejected by the civilian leadership and have gone undisclosed for nearly 40 years.

Ummm, no.  One paragraph of Operation Northwoods was provisionally accepted for future consideration by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, a paragraph that involved shooting down an unmanned drone and saying that the Cubans did it.  All the rest of the stuff in the document they rejected.  Nor were these plans drafted by the “top military leaders”.  Reviewed by them, yes.  But not drafted by them.  The plans were written by analysts sitting in their little cubicles.

It looks as though the JCS aren’t the only ones trying to use scare tactics on the public. . .

When did anyone ever let the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory? tongue wink

Signature 

- Voltaire

Posted: 30 May 2007 11:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1313
Joined  2006-02-05

Well, this sort of thing is plausible to me, though it would have been originated by the Presidency, not the military.

There is still controversy over the sinking of the US Battleship ‘Maine’ in Cuban waters a hundred years ago, an event which justified the Spanish-Amereican War.  Many say we sunk it ourselves to inflame the public.

And there is a great deal of evidence that leads one to believe the White House knew of the impending Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941.  For one, all our modern ships were safely out to sea, only the older outdated ones were in port.

There was not much support for joining the war against Hitler until after the attack; indeed, we only declared war against Japan that day, and not against Germany until after Hitler declared war against us the following day.  We were quite the isolationists back then.

So, anyway, there is certainly precedence for this sort of thing, and when it comes to justifying war and making $ Billions, nothing is too far-fetched.

Dan, not really a conspiracy theorist, but certainly open-minded

Posted: 30 May 2007 12:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26043
Joined  2004-11-08
Dan Jr. - 30 May 2007 03:58 PM

Well, this sort of thing is plausible to me, though it would have been originated by the Presidency, not the military.

There is still controversy over the sinking of the US Battleship ‘Maine’ in Cuban waters a hundred years ago, an event which justified the Spanish-Amereican War.  Many say we sunk it ourselves to inflame the public.

And there is a great deal of evidence that leads one to believe the White House knew of the impending Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941.  For one, all our modern ships were safely out to sea, only the older outdated ones were in port.

There was not much support for joining the war against Hitler until after the attack; indeed, we only declared war against Japan that day, and not against Germany until after Hitler declared war against us the following day.  We were quite the isolationists back then.

So, anyway, there is certainly precedence for this sort of thing, and when it comes to justifying war and making $ Billions, nothing is too far-fetched.

Dan, not really a conspiracy theorist, but certainly open-minded

Actually, there was growing support for joining the war prior to December 7th.  It seems very likely that the US would have entered into the war sometime in the next year anyway, though that doesn’t invalidate the belief that someone allowed the Japanese attack to occur without alerting the defenders.  I still don’t see it as likely, that’s tantamount to treason and carries a potential death penalty if you’re caught.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 30 May 2007 02:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7525
Joined  2005-04-23

Amazing to think that U.S and cuba are so friendly today smile

Signature 

Smerk the cutest dragon
Lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist
In Western Australi

Little Accipiter loved that girl enough
He told her jokes and crazy facts
And other forum stuff

Smerk the cutest dragon:
Traveled cross the sea,
To hunt her prey in foriegn lands,
And snuggle with Acci!

Smerk the cutest dragon
Is getting married now they say
Though little Accipiter
Has yet to name the day.

http://www.veshearman.com/

Posted: 30 May 2007 02:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-27

uhhuh….

“I’m not the first, nor will I be the last, who Bush has ordered to be deprived of life,” said Castro, who offered no details of the alleged conversation.

as he said yesterday

Signature 

Trust me.

1 of 3