1 of 12
Toby Alexander - another warning
Posted: 29 May 2007 04:31 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2006-06-12

I was also scammed by the notorious Toby although I only lost $200,-.
I am quite psychic myself - if anyone did anything to me, especially a treatment like the one proposed by Toby, it would not go unnoticed.
However, in both session I felt ZILCH. Needles to mention, now, 6 month later, my DNA is as unactivated as it ever was.
Toby also never sent me a follow-up report.
It is fortunate for him that he resides in a country that does not prosecute scammers like him.

-sam

ps: I do not support “professional sceptics”
people who are close minded “know alls” are a bigger curse to the situation today than all the Tobys of earth together.

Posted: 29 May 2007 04:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7356
Joined  2005-06-23

If you’re psychic, then how didn’t you know it was a scam? tongue wink

Signature 

“We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.”
- Voltaire

Posted: 29 May 2007 04:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7525
Joined  2005-04-23

It’s because he’s psychic that he only lost $200

Signature 

Smerk the cutest dragon
Lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist
In Western Australi

Little Accipiter loved that girl enough
He told her jokes and crazy facts
And other forum stuff

Smerk the cutest dragon:
Traveled cross the sea,
To hunt her prey in foriegn lands,
And snuggle with Acci!

Smerk the cutest dragon
Is getting married now they say
Though little Accipiter
Has yet to name the day.

http://www.veshearman.com/

Posted: 29 May 2007 05:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1318
Joined  2007-05-06
samvado - 29 May 2007 08:31 PM

ps: I do not support “professional sceptics”
people who are close minded “know alls” are a bigger curse to the situation today than all the Tobys of earth together.

:(

Now I’m getting depressed about the human race again.

Signature 

So I can just type anything and it will show up here?

Posted: 29 May 2007 05:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2006-06-12
Renquist - 29 May 2007 08:55 PM

If you’re psychic, then how didn’t you know it was a scam? tongue wink

this remark is so stupid, may I asume you are a skeptic?

you have never seen anything of what modern physics talks, yet you “believe” it to be true - the word says it all doesn’t it?
do you believe in god? no - you believe in science -

however, my words are wasted on the likes of you - my post solely is intended to warn of yet another scammer in the field of the paranormal.
there are financial scammers, political scammers, marriage scammers, your pic - 
Toby is a paranormal scammer. do all politicians scam? I dont hope so (but we cant be sure), are all marriage proposals fake? I wouldnt hope so.

Posted: 29 May 2007 05:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26044
Joined  2004-11-08

We believe modern physics to be true because modern physics WORKS.  Psychic powers DO NOT WORK.  This computer you’re using is a product of modern physics.  Until such time as you can create something even 1/100 as concrete and real using your psychic powers we’ll continue to dismiss them as a fantasy.  All the wishful thinking in the world won’t make your delusion any more real.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 29 May 2007 05:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  56862
Joined  2005-02-10

Samvado, please be polite.
That was an awfully sharp answer (plus a jump to conclusions) in response to a light-hearted comment.

Signature 

2-15-15 9-19 1 19-16-15-18-11 7-15-4-4-5-19-19 15-6 13-9-7-8-20
Turnip Boris Yeltsin frog juggling doormat termite lizard

“Herbal medicine’s been around for thousands of years! Indeed it has. And then we tested it all, and the stuff that worked became medicine. And the rest of it’s just a nice bowl of soup and some pot pourri.” - Dara O’Briain

Posted: 29 May 2007 06:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7525
Joined  2005-04-23
Charybdis - 29 May 2007 09:54 PM

We believe modern physics to be true because modern physics WORKS.  Psychic powers DO NOT WORK.  This computer you’re using is a product of modern physics.  Until such time as you can create something even 1/100 as concrete and real using your psychic powers we’ll continue to dismiss them as a fantasy.  All the wishful thinking in the world won’t make your delusion any more real.

I don’t know Charybdis, I kinow physics work but I don’t know the psychic powers do not work.
I’ve never seen anything that proves to me that they do exist but that doesn’t mean they don’t.

Signature 

Smerk the cutest dragon
Lived by the sea
And frolicked in the autumn mist
In Western Australi

Little Accipiter loved that girl enough
He told her jokes and crazy facts
And other forum stuff

Smerk the cutest dragon:
Traveled cross the sea,
To hunt her prey in foriegn lands,
And snuggle with Acci!

Smerk the cutest dragon
Is getting married now they say
Though little Accipiter
Has yet to name the day.

http://www.veshearman.com/

Posted: 29 May 2007 06:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-05-06
Sharruma - 29 May 2007 10:01 PM

I don’t know Charybdis, I kinow physics work but I don’t know the psychic powers do not work.
I’ve never seen anything that proves to me that they do exist but that doesn’t mean they don’t.

I’ve never seen anything that proves to me that blue fairies live inside my nose, but that doesn’t mean they don’t.

The simple fact of the matter is that until you have proof of something there’s no reason to believe it. If someone wants us to believe that psychic powers are real then it becomes their responsibility to prove it. Not ours to disprove it.

And, to answer another point in this thread. No, I do not “believe” in science. I know science works because I can test it.

Signature 

Posted: 29 May 2007 06:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
Stargazer - 29 May 2007 10:08 PM
Sharruma - 29 May 2007 10:01 PM

I’ve never seen anything that proves to me that blue fairies live inside my nose, but that doesn’t mean they don’t.

The simple fact of the matter is that until you have proof of something there’s no reason to believe it. If someone wants us to believe that psychic powers are real then it becomes their responsibility to prove it. Not ours to disprove it.

If there’s something that has neither any evidence for nor against it, and no simple way to provide any such evidence, then I just put that idea aside until anything new comes up about it.  I’ll keep my eyes and ears open, but that’s about it.  Why twist your mind into knots trying to puzzle out something when there’s nothing actually there yet to puzzle over?

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 29 May 2007 06:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-05-06
Accipiter - 29 May 2007 10:11 PM

If there’s something that has neither any evidence for nor against it, and no simple way to provide any such evidence, then I just put that idea aside until anything new comes up about it.  I’ll keep my eyes and ears open, but that’s about it.  Why twist your mind into knots trying to puzzle out something when there’s nothing actually there yet to puzzle over?

Absolustely. I totally agree.  *E-handshake*

Signature 

Posted: 29 May 2007 06:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1313
Joined  2006-02-05

Accipiter wrote, in part:

..........  Why twist your mind into knots trying to puzzle out something when there’s nothing actually there yet to puzzle over?

Acci, Is it that obvious I have no mind to twist over?  I thought I was disguising that fact much better.

Dan, twisting the night away

1 of 12