1 of 43
Evolution…Why it’s false
Posted: 27 May 2007 12:36 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2007-05-27

Genesis 1:1, “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.”

That’s what I believe.—And there is evidence for its credibility. Creationism ultimately outdoes evolution. Evolutionists, if there is no God, then what is there? If you were to fly a plane full of random car parts and immediately drop the car parts from a high elevation, would the car parts form a perfect car when they hit the ground? Think about it—THAT is the chance that the earth was the result of a “Big Bang.” I don’t know about you, but I don’t have enough faith to be an atheist.

Face it, God’s out there, and He sent His one and only Son to die for YOUR sins.

Signature 

John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.”

The basis of my faith…JESUS CHRIST IS MY ALL!!!!!

- Bible Dude, Christ’s Disciple cool smile

Posted: 27 May 2007 12:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
Bible Dude - 27 May 2007 04:36 AM

That’s what I believe.—And there is evidence for its credibility. Creationism ultimately outdoes evolution. Evolutionists, if there is no God, then what is there? If you were to fly a plane full of random car parts and immediately drop the car parts from a high elevation, would the car parts form a perfect car when they hit the ground? Think about it—THAT is the chance that the earth was the result of a “Big Bang.” I don’t know about you, but I don’t have enough faith to be an atheist.

Face it, God’s out there, and He sent His one and only Son to die for YOUR sins.

In the beginning, God created Adam and Eve.  So he only made two people.  Therefore no more than two people can exist.  Everybody else is merely a delusion.  Right?

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 27 May 2007 12:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1167
Joined  2005-06-15

I don’t know.  people do have sex so more than two people would exist.  Adam and Eve were perfect at the begining.

Signature 

Beerrun all we need is a 10 and a fiver a car, keys, and a sober driver

Posted: 27 May 2007 01:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15030
Joined  2006-08-16

So wrote a man.

I don’t know.  I would probably have more faith in what the bible said if men hadn’t decided what was “proper” (or correct or whatever word you want to use) to be in it.  Don’t like what that book of the bible says?  It contradicts a part of your faith?  Okay.  That’s not part of the bible anymore.

That doesn’t mean that there isn’t a god.  Just that the bible is man’s interpretation of what this god wanted and said.  It could be almost completely wrong.

I do believe that Jesus existed.  I don’t believe that he was a demi-power.  He was just an ordinary man preaching his faith.  Kind of like Jerry Falwell.  Just nicer.

And why can’t creationism and evolution co-exist?  If god knew that man would search for answers why wouldn’t he have planned this for them?  And since god doesn’t interfere in the lives of man anymore, who’s to say that evolution isn’t his auto-pilot program?

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 27 May 2007 01:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1167
Joined  2005-06-15

I do believe that when Genesis says a day in the first chapter, it means a day in the way God perceives it.  God was trying to translate what he did in a way that people would understand.  Six literal days was not in the plan.

Signature 

Beerrun all we need is a 10 and a fiver a car, keys, and a sober driver

Posted: 27 May 2007 01:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14

Evolution. . .Why it’s real:

1)  We didn’t always have St. Bernards like we have today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Bernard_(dog)
http://www.saintbernardclub.org/about_saints.htm
http://nmbe0.unibe.ch/deutsch/531_5_1.html

Denying evolution means denying St. Bernards.

2)  We have many types of maize today that didn’t exist a short while ago.

http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/veggies/corn1.html
http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/hort/hil/hil-13.html
http://www.wired.com/medtech/health/news/2003/11/61210
http://www.koshlandsciencemuseum.org/exhibitdna/crops02.jsp?PF=1 (with nice pictures, even!)

Denying evolution means denying popcorn.

3)  We can sit down and watch it happen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PGLO
http://www.tracy.k12.ca.us/thsadvbio/pdfs/pGLO_quick.pdf
http://biosci.usc.edu/courses/2002-fall/documents/bisc300-lab_bactrans.pdf

Denying evolution means denying your own senses.

4)  Despite claims to the contrary, the Bible never says that evolution didn’t or can’t take place.  The closest that people ever seem to come is Genesis 1:1, which doesn’t say anything about it one way or the other.  That just tells about the start.  It doesn’t say what came after, which is when evolution would have happened.

On the other hand, evolution has to have take place in order for the Bible to be true.  If there was just Adam and Eve, then how did we get all these different hair colours and textures, eye colours, skin colours, and all these other inheritable differences between people?

And did Adam and Eve have all of these genetic diseases that are around today?  If they did, then they must have been a real mess.  And if they didn’t. . .then that means that there’s been changes in the gene pool between the time of Adam and Eve and today.  Or in other words, evolution.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 27 May 2007 02:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2897
Joined  2005-06-15

I’m a Christian.

I don’t need to believe in Creationism. I don’t believe in in Intelligent Design. I don’t need to believe in either of these things. I’m happy with believing in Evolution.

My Christian Faith is not dependant on acts of magic from God. It’s credible to argue that people who look for proof of Creationism are lacking in Faith. I don’t need to believe in Creationism to believe that God exists.

Christians should let go of Creationism and simply rejoice in the world of God. Creationism is a lie that we don’t need. Intelligent Design is a lie that we don’t need.

I’m sick to death of Creationists making Christianity a laughing stock.

Signature 

I’m not some ordinary moron.
I’m an Oxy-Moron!

Mental Giant: A very tall person who is more than slightly confused.

Posted: 27 May 2007 02:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14
Peter - 27 May 2007 06:48 AM

I’m a Christian.

I don’t need to believe in Creationism. I don’t believe in in Intelligent Design. I don’t need to believe in either of these things. I’m happy with believing in Evolution.

My Christian Faith is not dependant on acts of magic from God. It’s credible to argue that people who look for proof of Creationism are lacking in Faith. I don’t need to believe in Creationism to believe that God exists.

Christians should let go of Creationism and simply rejoice in the world of God. Creationism is a lie that we don’t need. Intelligent Design is a lie that we don’t need.

I’m sick to death of Creationists making Christianity a laughing stock.

Sure, there’s no reason why you can’t be a Christian and still accept evolution.  After all, the Bible says nothing at all against it.  It’s just a group of people claiming that they’re speaking for God who claim that it’s anti-Biblical.

Signature 

Posted: 27 May 2007 03:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5150
Joined  2005-01-27

I never go around forums telling people that I

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of´╗┐ our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 27 May 2007 04:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5020
Joined  2007-05-26

I’m sorry, but thats not QUITE how the big bang happened, this process took millions of years, it didn’t just all fit together.

The bible says that God is the scores of life and is omnipresent, omniscient and all that, well according to science, the sun is a scores of life, other animals that we eat is a scores of life… thats what I believe God is, God is anything that gives energy and life.

Signature 

http://namelessland.myminicity.com/
Visit it, or you will be hurt.

Posted: 27 May 2007 04:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5020
Joined  2007-05-26
I am an ex associate - 27 May 2007 04:44 AM

I don’t know.  people do have sex so more than two people would exist.  Adam and Eve were perfect at the begining.

Once Adam and Eve had sex, who would their child have sex with, it would just end there…

Signature 

http://namelessland.myminicity.com/
Visit it, or you will be hurt.

Posted: 27 May 2007 04:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-14
nameless - 27 May 2007 08:02 AM

I’m sorry, but thats not QUITE how the big bang happened, this process took millions of years, it didn’t just all fit together.

Nor does the Big Bang theory suppose that there had to be some sort of planned end result.  So it’s more a case of what are the chances of a plane load of random car parts being dropped and turning into. . .a pile of random parts with a layout that is the direct result of a bunch of random car parts being dropped from an airplane?

Signature 

1 of 43