1 of 3
Boost Car Remote With Your Skull
Posted: 23 May 2007 03:23 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15030
Joined  2006-08-16

First, be warned.  This page is probably NSFW.  There are ads on the page showing scantily clad women wanting to be your next girlfriend.  And scrolling down the video list it looks like at least one video on the site probably would be NSFW.

Boost Car Remote With Your Skull

This video (supposedly) shows how to boost the signal of your car’s keyless entry remote.  Just point it under your chin, have your mouth open a little bit and the signal is (supposedly) amplified through your oral cavity to give you a greater range.

Anyone got their keyless entry remote that wants to go try it?

Signature 

Attention to detail: An apostrophe is the difference between a company that knows its shit and a company that knows it’s shit.

Posted: 23 May 2007 04:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5150
Joined  2005-01-27

Jeremy Clarkson showed it on Top Gear a few years back. Locking and unlocking the car while walking away from the car till it didn

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 23 May 2007 11:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26043
Joined  2004-11-08

The body is a poor conductor/amplifier of radio waves, or hasn’t anyone ever owned a TV antenna before?  Just getting near the thing made the reception drop.

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 23 May 2007 11:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

Sounds dubious, but if I remember, I’ll try it later. My parking space is a bit of a walk from my front door and even though I have a clear line of vision from my door, the stupid thing never opens it until I get about halfway there. Meanwhile my daughter can somehow manage to trigger the panic button (makes the horn beep incessantly) from inside the house. She always has it in her mouth, so maybe there is something to it.

ETA: She manages to pop the trunk from inside the house too. Keys are always placed out of reach as a result.

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 23 May 2007 12:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  383
Joined  2006-08-21

My old roommate bought a VW and the guy told him it would double the range. He said the jaw bone works as an antenna. I told him he was full of it. We tried it and didn’t notice a difference or not a significant one.

Signature 

Three out of four, that aint half bad…

Posted: 23 May 2007 12:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

My remote car unlocking system is handing the keys to somebody else and telling them to go to my car and unlock the doors. . .

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 23 May 2007 12:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-27

WARNING THE NEXT PAGE IS COMPLETELY SFW, NOTHING TO SEE, NOTHING TO STARE AT, JUST A VIDEO CLIP OF A BBC PRESENTER POINTING AT SOME POINT DURING THE PRESENTATION A REMOTE CONTROL TO HIS HEAD. DO NOT BE ALARMED! NOBODY GETS HURT AND THERE A NO TITS OR TWATS WHATSOEVER TO SEE! YOU CAN SHOW THIS TO YOUR KIDS BECAUSE EVEN THE LANGUAGE IS OK!!

The BBC clip of Clarkson putting the remote in a kind of a suicidal way to his head proving it works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jACSPipPSE

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 23 May 2007 12:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  26043
Joined  2004-11-08

Then why on earth would I want to watch it? smile

Signature 

Heaven must be really boring, if you think about it logically.
All the angels must be snoring.  Who could stand perfection for eternity?

Not me. - George Hrab

Posted: 23 May 2007 01:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7356
Joined  2005-06-23

Oh I’m trying this now. I’ve never heard of this before but boy does it look fun.

Signature 

“We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.”
- Voltaire

Posted: 23 May 2007 01:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-27
Charybdis - 23 May 2007 04:59 PM

Then why on earth would I want to watch it? smile

OK, let

Signature 

Trust me.

Posted: 23 May 2007 01:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-27
Renquist - 23 May 2007 05:00 PM

Oh I’m trying this now. I’ve never heard of this before but boy does it look fun.

don

Signature 

Trust me.

Posted: 23 May 2007 01:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

It’s all true!  I waved my keys at my car from a mere five feet away, and it didn’t unlock.  Then I held the keys up by my head and waved them from fifty feet away, and the car didn’t unlock!  I got equal results from ten times the distance away!!!

big surprise

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

1 of 3