Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1581
Joined  2004-11-10
Slender Loris - 21 May 2007 08:32 PM
Accipiter - 21 May 2007 08:30 PM
Razela - 21 May 2007 08:15 PM
Slender Loris - 21 May 2007 04:33 PM

Damn you Raz, I wish you had never told me about this. Your CIA connections to my radio are one thing, but this “secret” thing is too much.

I do not have CIA connections damn it!!  (though I do know what you’re radio dj’s are going to say due to my innate ability to read into people’s personalities and therefore be able to guess the topics they enjoy talking about).

*hides in terror from agent Razela*

Hiding does no good.

No one in my family is in the CIA!  No me, and not either of my parents, damn it!  Besides, I know my dad’s not in the CIA because he’s done work for them before.  Obviously he can’t be contracted if he’s already in it.

Signature 

Fads they come and fads they go, but god I love that Rock & Roll!
-Modest Mouse

Posted: 21 May 2007 04:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  22747
Joined  2006-03-29

Unless he is retired CIA then he could do contract work for them.

Signature 

Remember, remember… I am the ONE.

Posted: 21 May 2007 04:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17
Razela - 21 May 2007 08:50 PM

Besides, I know my dad’s not in the CIA because he’s done work for them before.  Obviously he can’t be contracted if he’s already in it.

That’s just his cover story. wink

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 21 May 2007 05:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1826
Joined  2006-03-03

Maybe he’s actually a giant robot! Erm…Invented by the CIA.

Signature 

I am the Malfunction!

Because dignity is overrated anyway cheese

Posted: 21 May 2007 05:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

Heh. A while back (mid-nineties) I was offered to apply for a graphic designer position at the CIA. I never did, because I figured it would be a waste of time (probably wouldn’t hire me) and I wasn’t interested in moving for the job even if I did get it, but I’ve often wondered just what exactly I would have been doing for them.

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 22 May 2007 02:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

You have to admit, though, these sort of nonsense fads can make a good bit of money.  It’s kind of sad, really, how eagerly and compulsively some people buy up all the books and tapes and other paraphernalia of each marvelous new program that comes along.  I can see why people write and print those books.

Slender Loris - 21 May 2007 08:32 PM
Accipiter - 21 May 2007 08:30 PM

*hides in terror from agent Razela*

Hiding does no good.

Would you really want to hide from Razela’s tender mercies and odd Cool Whip confections, though?

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 22 May 2007 02:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14
MadCarlotta - 21 May 2007 09:30 PM

Heh. A while back (mid-nineties) I was offered to apply for a graphic designer position at the CIA. I never did, because I figured it would be a waste of time (probably wouldn’t hire me) and I wasn’t interested in moving for the job even if I did get it, but I’ve often wondered just what exactly I would have been doing for them.

Maybe you should have taken the job.  Then you could have mentioned it vaguely in your resum

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 09 July 2007 02:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  8385
Joined  2005-04-17

I searched the forum concerning this book and even via ‘Oprah Winfrey’ and didn’t find anything related so hopefully I am NOT jumping around another thread that might be here and on the front page of the forum. 

First, I’m going to post just the information about this book, and NO it does not belong in the book section because I find what it suggests fairly controversial or a bit beyond?  I’m not sure…maybe it’s just me.  In the next thread I need to put my opinion and why I found this alarming. 

http://www.themastersofthesecret.com/?gclid=CI315Yn_mo0CFQIpFQodTWYA5w

This FREE online course, called The Masters of The Secret with Bill Harris, reveals the most powerful concepts and practical information about how to implement The Secret in your life

Signature 

SilentTone: hulitoons blog of just plain silliness?
UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 09 July 2007 02:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

Yesterday at an event by one of our community groups, a lady spoke about a book called The Secret (which sounded much like Hubbard

Signature 

UBUNTU’ in the Xhosa culture means: ‘I am because we are.)”  So, I AM because WE are

Posted: 09 July 2007 02:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

Well, it was covered on the main page here.

There was also a thread on it here

I’ll just merge the two threads if that’s alright with you smile

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 09 July 2007 03:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-17

And I even responded to the original!  Okay THIS time I had it thrust into my face in a public place and it was NOT just a forum discussion thought! 

Thank you for merging and I must be senile or my search approaches need fine tuning!  Anyway, for those reading this, just go above two posts so you will know what happened to me!!!

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Signature 

3 of 4