2 of 3
State forces McGuire
Posted: 20 May 2007 06:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

I wonder how they manage the restroom signs in Scotland, though?

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 20 May 2007 08:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  7356
Joined  2005-06-23

[quote author=“Beasjt

Signature 

“We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation.”
- Voltaire

Posted: 20 May 2007 09:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5150
Joined  2005-01-27

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 20 May 2007 01:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5545
Joined  2007-03-14

We have one ball diamond complex in town here where the washrooms are labelled mitts and sticks.    I’m pretty sure somewhere else someone has thought of gloves and bats.

Signature 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Seen on a tshirt - “If life gives you melons you may be dyslexic”

When life hands you lemons make apple juice. Then laugh while life tries to figure out how you did it.

My blog
My Website

Posted: 20 May 2007 01:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-23

O’Neills Irish pubs have the toilet signs written in Gaellic.

Luckily I knew that ‘Men’ is ‘Fir’ in Gaellic otherwise I’d walk in on a girl washing her hands and make her cry. And we wouldn’t wantr that now, would we?

Signature 

- Voltaire

Posted: 20 May 2007 04:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  61098
Joined  2005-04-14

When traveling through France one time, I stopped at a public restroom by the side of the road.  The approach to the doors as well as the two doors themselves were quite distinctly marked, with a multitude of signs depicting obviously male and female figures and with “Men” and “Women” written in several different languages in big bold print.  It would be very difficult to mistake which door was supposed to be used by which gender.

All of which turned out to be irrelevant, since both doors just led into the same big communal room that didn’t even have individual stalls for privacy.

Just one of the many incidents that confirmed in my mind the impression that the French are incurably odd.

Signature 

“If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts.”

Posted: 20 May 2007 05:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-06-23

A lot of France, especially Avignon (trust me, don’t use a lavvy in Avignon), up until 10 years ago disregarded privacy in toilets.

You were lucky there was a main door to the toilets at all. I’ve seen them where there’s no doors at all. Walkin down the street, glance to your left and there’s a fella up to his filthy business reading La Monde. 2 steps later and there’s a gaggle of lassies taking a piss standing up. Very odd country.

Signature 

- Voltaire

Posted: 20 May 2007 06:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-27
Renquist - 20 May 2007 09:29 PM

A lot of France, especially Avignon (trust me, don’t use a lavvy in Avignon), up until 10 years ago disregarded privacy in toilets.

You were lucky there was a main door to the toilets at all. I’ve seen them where there’s no doors at all. Walkin down the street, glance to your left and there’s a fella up to his filthy business reading La Monde. 2 steps later and there’s a gaggle of lassies taking a piss standing up. Very odd country.

There is another posting going on about ladies leaking standing up.

Signature 

“By the sweat on our brows, and the strengths of our backs…Gentlemen. Hoist the Colours! And you, madam, I warn you, I know the entire Geneva Convention by heart!”
Trust me.

Posted: 21 May 2007 06:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  15278
Joined  2006-01-17
Accipiter - 20 May 2007 10:03 AM

I wonder how they manage the restroom signs in Scotland, though?

LOL LOL LOL

Signature 

Research Mod

“We are wise to avoid association with those who hide their identity in Internet chat rooms.”
                                                                  - The Watchtower

The platypus is mother nature’s way of saying, “I made this thing out of spare parts I found on the workshop floor, and it can still ****ing cripple you.”

Sylvia Browne

Posted: 29 May 2007 12:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  11903
Joined  2006-12-02

***UPDATE***

Seems a compromise has been reached.

Fla., Pub Reach Deal Over Bathroom Signs

May 28, 10:46 PM (ET)

DESTIN, Fla. (AP) - There is still a place for a little bathroom humor at McGuire’s Irish Pub, under an agreement between the owners of McGuire’s and the state.

Confusing signs on the bathroom doors at the pub have played jokes on customers for years - sending women to the men’s room and vice versa. The signs have been up for 10 years in Destin and 30 years in Pensacola.

But, Florida’s Department of Business and Professional Regulation recently threatened the Panhandle tourist landmark with closure for “Lack of signage properly designating bathrooms.”

Under the agreement reached late Saturday night, the restaurants will be required to install an additional set of doors to prevent any embarrassing incidents.

“When you walk in the front door of the bathroom, and you walk into the alcove, before you get to the stalls, there will be a swinging door that will be labeled men or women as appropriate,” said Holly Benson, secretary for the Department of Business and Professional Regulation and a former state representative from Pensacola.

Benson said the owners of McGuire’s agreed to the new doors because they did not want to embarrass customers.

McGuire’s has 30 days to install the doors.

Signature 

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.

Posted: 29 May 2007 12:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Five Star Member
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-27

What did this little exerciece of futility cost to the taxpayer?

Signature 

Trust me.

2 of 3